to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with "GATV" DLC pack

Your comments on our articles.

Details of cheekily named add-on leaked via podcast

Saints Row 4's first DLC pack is titled "GATV", features a knifegun and will apparently go on sale at some point this week, alongside the Wild West DLC pack. That hissing, spitting sound? That's Rockstar co-founder Sam Houser's Rage-O-Meter entering the red zone.... read more

Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with "GATV" DLC pack

Postby mattchatt » 16 Sep 2013, 13:23

Sour grapes
mattchatt 14
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Feb 2009, 22:14
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby Worthies » 16 Sep 2013, 13:49

I'm confused.

Someone please explain it to me very slowly and condescendingly for my benefit. :D
Worthies 28
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 16:41
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby CunningSmile » 16 Sep 2013, 13:57

Worthies wrote:I'm confused.

Someone please explain it to me very slowly and condescendingly for my benefit. :D


How condescendingly would you like it?

There are these things called games that allow us to experience the situations of fictious characters....too much? :wink:

Without the piss take there is a character in Saints Row called Johnny Gat. Gat has the same letters as GTA so Saints Row has decided to score some easy advertising by releasing the GATV pack at the same time as GTAV
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby SilentDark » 16 Sep 2013, 14:32

A knifegun, just what I've always wanted, if only it was out today, then it would be the best birthday ever. :)
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Jan 2013, 15:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby Metalrodent » 16 Sep 2013, 17:10

I see 4 is taking the same route as The Third by releasing huge amounts of small weapon and car packs over a long period of time at rather high prices - why not just put it in the game in this first place?
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 67
 
Posts: 4186
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby Worthies » 16 Sep 2013, 17:33

CunningSmile wrote:
Worthies wrote:I'm confused.

Someone please explain it to me very slowly and condescendingly for my benefit. :D


How condescendingly would you like it?

There are these things called games that allow us to experience the situations of fictious characters....too much? :wink:

Without the piss take there is a character in Saints Row called Johnny Gat. Gat has the same letters as GTA so Saints Row has decided to score some easy advertising by releasing the GATV pack at the same time as GTAV


You have both satisfied both my comic need to be talked-down-to, and my guenuine question with such eloquent wording! :wink:
Worthies 28
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 16:41
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby lazercut123 » 16 Sep 2013, 18:03

Volition, you scallywags. :lol:
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
User avatar
lazercut123 54
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 20:04

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby TippiestRook99 » 16 Sep 2013, 18:04

lazercut123 wrote:you scallywags. :lol:

Damn whipper snappers.
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
User avatar
TippiestRook99 54
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 21:21
Location: Ireland

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby CunningSmile » 16 Sep 2013, 20:28

SilentDark wrote:A knifegun, just what I've always wanted, if only it was out today, then it would be the best birthday ever. :)

It's your birthday?! Happy Birthday dude
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby SilentDark » 16 Sep 2013, 22:12

Thank you nemesis, your stabbings have become slightly less iminent. :lol:

32 years young. If anyone would like to buy me a copy of GTAV I'd take a late birthday present. :D
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62
 
Posts: 2101
Joined: 10 Jan 2013, 15:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby TomasX360 » 17 Sep 2013, 20:07

Thats why I love Saints Row... theyre making fun of everything :D
TomasX360 5
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Sep 2013, 19:55

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby mackered » 19 Sep 2013, 18:51

Everyone mentions the fact that GAT5 is a reference to GTA but everyone also seem to have missed the Rockstar references to Saints row, namely:

The Aliens in the first mission and the city that you are in (although loosely Los Angeles - the angels) is Los Santos which translates as: The Saints. Also, on that drive through there are a lot of gang people in purple.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50
 
Posts: 718
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 11:08
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Sep 2013, 19:08

mackered wrote:Everyone mentions the fact that GAT5 is a reference to GTA but everyone also seem to have missed the Rockstar references to Saints row, namely:

The Aliens in the first mission and the city that you are in (although loosely Los Angeles - the angels) is Los Santos which translates as: The Saints. Also, on that drive through there are a lot of gang people in purple.

In all fairness they created Los Santos years before Saints Row was created
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
User avatar
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9291
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Saints Row 4 pokes fun at GTA 5 with

Postby mackered » 19 Sep 2013, 20:01

CunningSmile wrote:
mackered wrote:Everyone mentions the fact that GAT5 is a reference to GTA but everyone also seem to have missed the Rockstar references to Saints row, namely:

The Aliens in the first mission and the city that you are in (although loosely Los Angeles - the angels) is Los Santos which translates as: The Saints. Also, on that drive through there are a lot of gang people in purple.

In all fairness they created Los Santos years before Saints Row was created


Damn and that was my really clever thing for the week too. :roll:
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50
 
Posts: 718
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 11:08
Location: United Kingdom


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]