to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

GTA 5's iFruit app lets you play Tamagotchi with Chop, unloc

Your comments on our articles.

Also: buy and customise a car on the go, then pick it up instantly in-game

Having eviscerated Facebook, Rockstar's turned its satirical eye upon Apple and the iTunes Store. Available free to iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad users running iOS 4.3, the "iFruit" app allows you to pimp out an in-game ride while you're away from your console, and unlock new behaviours and items for Franklin's dog Chop by interacting with a Tamagotchi version of the animal.... read more

GTA 5's iFruit app lets you play Tamagotchi with Chop, unloc

Postby msbhvn » 16 Sep 2013, 18:35

Still bugs me that Android, the largest smartphone market share, gets none of these apps. I've missed out on stuff for Injustice and now GTA V, because I'm not a fan of Apple.

At least SmartGlass is on Android.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: GTA 5's iFruit app lets you play Tamagotchi with Chop, u

Postby stee01 » 16 Sep 2013, 18:54

msbhvn wrote:Still bugs me that Android, the largest smartphone market share, gets none of these apps. I've missed out on stuff for Injustice and now GTA V, because I'm not a fan of Apple.

At least SmartGlass is on Android.

I am in the same boat too. Cant get the game till next week, so I thought I could download this to kill the week off. But nooo its got to be on Apple :roll: .
stee01 37

Postby msbhvn » 17 Sep 2013, 04:01

According to this - http://www.rockstargames.com/V/downloads - the Android and Windows Phone versions of the iFruit app are coming soon.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby stee01 » 17 Sep 2013, 04:33

msbhvn wrote:According to this - http://www.rockstargames.com/V/downloads - the Android and Windows Phone versions of the iFruit app are coming soon.

Thanks for this. :)
stee01 37

Postby STARGATER1 » 17 Sep 2013, 09:34

this app was a great idea however with a £160 million budget and 5 years of development for GTAV i would have expected to at least be able to sign in to the companion app, the mini game with the dog is temperamental with little thought gone into its development. I would have expected much more from Rockstars app
After playing games my whole life, I'm still no richer, or smarter but my thumb muscles are da bomb
STARGATER1 14

Postby Norbs » 17 Sep 2013, 17:33

i started reading this thinking it was for my phone in game not out game, i dont buy in to these new phones as i couldn't care less about these unentertaining repetative short games when i could just just have a console and play big games that have had time and effort put in to them, i hate how you need to purchase every new gadget doomed to break as soon as the really expensive warranty runs out just to get the most out a game that iv already spent a ruck of cash on!
Norbs 17

Postby sarge2u » 18 Sep 2013, 08:33

Well Done Rockstar The Only and Biggest Boo Boo of the the game is that nobody apart from iphone/pads can use this despite the amount of support all us consumers give Rockstar BIG MESS UP>>>>>
sarge2u 23

Postby Davisto » 18 Sep 2013, 10:22

what about people who dont have a smartphone :(
Davisto 11

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Sep 2013, 10:43

Davisto wrote:what about people who dont have a smartphone :(

We all form a big circle with you in the middle and then point and laugh :wink:

Seriously though I've got a smart phone and I've given up with these add ons. They are never very good, and hardly ever have any sort of impact on the main game so you aren't really missing out on anything.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 18 Sep 2013, 10:45

You're really not missing much. It's not like you're missing out an important piece of the puzzle. But it's also free so there can't really be any complaints about what it does or doesn't do. I've only used it for training my dog so far
ItchyRash 42

Postby mackered » 18 Sep 2013, 20:14

ItchyRash wrote:You're really not missing much. It's not like you're missing out an important piece of the puzzle. But it's also free so there can't really be any complaints about what it does or doesn't do. I've only used it for training my dog so far

As most of the world is unable to log in, I don't think you are missing anything at all! :evil:
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby STARGATER1 » 20 Sep 2013, 21:16

STARGATER1 wrote:
this app was a great idea however with a £260 million budget and 5 years of development for GTAV i would have expected to at least be able to sign in to the companion app, the mini game with the dog is temperamental with little thought gone into its development. I would have expected much more from Rockstars app

It would be better if the app actually linked up to the game as is supposed to, 1. I've not got my custom number plate 2. No re spray for the cars either 3. Chop is supposed to get a collar which I chose in the app for in the game but that's also a fail.
I don't know what's going on. GTAV itself though is the best GTA ever, obviously!
After playing games my whole life, I'm still no richer, or smarter but my thumb muscles are da bomb
STARGATER1 14