to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Mighty No. 9, spiritual successor to Mega Man, coming to Xbo

Your comments on our articles.

Current platforms confirmed after Kickstarter page reaches $2.2m milestone

Following a surge of support and backing on its Kickstarter page, Mighty No. 9 - a spiritual successor to Capcom's Mega Man series helmed by creator Keiji Inafune - will launch on all current gen platforms, including the Xbox 360.... read more

Mighty No. 9, spiritual successor to Mega Man, coming to Xbo

Postby xPearse » 17 Sep 2013, 16:08

And I thought he said he wasn't gonna make any more games after he left Capcom...... hypocrite.
xPearse 26

Re: Mighty No. 9, spiritual successor to Mega Man, coming to

Postby Maximus T » 17 Sep 2013, 17:15

xPearse wrote:And I thought he said he wasn't gonna make any more games after he left Capcom...... hypocrite.

That isn't hypocritical. Hypocritical would be him making more games after he left Capcom, after previously having told someone else that they shouldn't make any more games after leaving Capcom. And who, frankly, cares? More games is more games! :D
#browns
Maximus T 62

Postby xPearse » 17 Sep 2013, 21:55

You know what I mean though, he's gone back on his word and all he's doing now is ripping off Mega Man because he's butt hurt that Capcom didn't make another game. It's just sad how the mighty have fallen and also kickstarter, probably checked his bank account and realised there was nothing in it.
xPearse 26

Postby ChaoticP » 18 Sep 2013, 00:10

xPearse wrote:You know what I mean though, he's gone back on his word and all he's doing now is ripping off Mega Man because he's butt hurt that Capcom didn't make another game. It's just sad how the mighty have fallen and also kickstarter, probably checked his bank account and realised there was nothing in it.

He's ripping off the game he made? Anyway as I understand Capcom had no interest in making another Mega Man title, so I don't see the problem.
ChaoticP 47

Postby xPearse » 18 Sep 2013, 15:46

The point is that it's basically Mega Man under a different title made by another company even if he was one of the people who made the series. It's not owned by him and the franchise plus likeness is owned by Capcom.
xPearse 26

Postby FishyGinger » 18 Sep 2013, 16:07

xPearse wrote:The point is that it's basically Mega Man under a different title made by another company even if he was one of the people who made the series. It's not owned by him and the franchise plus likeness is owned by Capcom.

Toadally right, that's why I've been trying to get Bioshock banned for years for being a blatant rip off.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby SilentDark » 18 Sep 2013, 17:42

xPearse wrote:You know what I mean though, he's gone back on his word and all he's doing now is ripping off Mega Man because he's butt hurt that Capcom didn't make another game. It's just sad how the mighty have fallen and also kickstarter, probably checked his bank account and realised there was nothing in it.

I don't see the issue here, Capcom don't want to make a Mega Man game, Inafune does, he's making one with the serial numbers filed off. everyone wins, and a guy who seemingly lost his passion for the industry has rediscovered his love for it. I'd say that was a win for all concerned.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby xPearse » 18 Sep 2013, 22:19

I'll just stop bashing him though and I already made my point.

xPearse wrote:The point is that it's basically Mega Man under a different title made by another company even if he was one of the people who made the series. It's not owned by him and the franchise plus likeness is owned by Capcom.
xPearse 26