to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft exploring "hundreds" of potential TV programmes fo

Your comments on our articles.

"We will have some new announcements for TV shows coming pretty soon"

Microsoft is said to be looking into a potentially vast number of TV offerings for the Xbox One, Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer told Bloomberg at TGS this week.... read more

Microsoft exploring "hundreds" of potential TV programmes fo

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Sep 2013, 14:39

Cue a thousand responses from people claiming to speak on behalf of the whole gaming community about how 'we' don't want this
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Microsoft exploring "hundreds" of potential TV programme

Postby Metalrodent » 18 Sep 2013, 15:00

I'm not to bothered about this, I don't watch much TV anyway as of late, so as long as it's not being forced upon me and clogging the HD up they can do what they like (still hoping the Halo thing will be good though)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby crippyd » 18 Sep 2013, 15:06

Its a real shame that the Halo movie got canned. If it was going to be like the Forward unto Dawn web series it would have been great.
crippyd 55

Postby Plamsa wing » 18 Sep 2013, 15:27

I heard a rumour about the Xbox One playing games. I hope it's not true, TV and games obviously don't mix.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Postby stylon » 18 Sep 2013, 15:57

Personally I'm quite happy Microsoft are offering TV/Music and Film content alongside the games, I have an Xbox music pass and have bought quite a few smartglass enhanced movies...

However given the current climate I can't help but feel they might be better leaving the TV side of things out of the limelight, at least until after launch. Up until launch the only people interested in it will be hardcore gamers who don't want to hear about anything other than the games...
stylon 48

Postby usernameistaken1 » 18 Sep 2013, 16:22

how about you explore hundreds of potential video game exclusives instead of something everybody can do just with their tv already. i can watch tv already but i can't play new xbox one exclusives yet
i won't be a rockstar i will be a legend freddie motherf****ing mercury
usernameistaken1 33

Postby H4S33B » 18 Sep 2013, 16:33

stylon wrote:Personally I'm quite happy Microsoft are offering TV/Music and Film content alongside the games, I have an Xbox music pass and have bought quite a few smartglass enhanced movies...

However given the current climate I can't help but feel they might be better leaving the TV side of things out of the limelight, at least until after launch. Up until launch the only people interested in it will be hardcore gamers who don't want to hear about anything other than the games...

I agree with the above sentiment and the fact is that my Xbox is now used more for watching TV/Movies than simply playing games.
H4S33B 5

Postby SilentDark » 18 Sep 2013, 17:24

CunningSmile wrote:Cue a thousand responses from people claiming to speak on behalf of the whole gaming community about how 'we' don't want this

In my defence when I use 'we' I'm using it in the royal sense. Given my status as a minor divinity I'm sure you all understand. :D

So we are not amused by this xbox tv. But we hate tv anyway so it's not like we have much use for it anyway.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Sep 2013, 17:44

SilentDark wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Cue a thousand responses from people claiming to speak on behalf of the whole gaming community about how 'we' don't want this

In my defence when I use 'we' I'm using it in the royal sense. Given my status as a minor divinity I'm sure you all understand. :D

So we are not amused by this xbox tv. But we hate tv anyway so it's not like we have much use for it anyway.

Somehow I just knew it would be you :roll:
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 18 Sep 2013, 17:46

I don't speak for the whole gaming community, just the ones who are always right. :lol:
SilentDark 62

Postby Grummy » 18 Sep 2013, 17:52

SilentDark wrote:I don't speak for the whole gaming community, just the ones who are always right. :lol:

You don't speak for me.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Decent_Jam » 18 Sep 2013, 18:49

The 360 nature of that TV image confused me for a moment, or have they said it will come to 360 and One?

Anywho I am planning to use my One as my main source of TV so the more content I can get the better.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby SilentDark » 18 Sep 2013, 18:56

Grummy wrote:
SilentDark wrote:I don't speak for the whole gaming community, just the ones who are always right. :lol:

You don't speak for me.

Well I suppose right and wrong are a matter of perspective really. Much like right and left.
:D

For serious though, the focus on sport leaves me really cold on xbox tv, I'm not much of a watcher anyway, a little too figity for it. I'm not going to bother saying they shouldn't spend the money on this, and they should spend it more on games blah blah blah because this is one thing MS are never ever going to budge on anyway. They have always seen their xbox as a home entertainment system and the One is the latest evolution of that ethos.

However, that money could have been spent on adding a grill, that all I'm saying. :lol:
SilentDark 62

Postby Grummy » 18 Sep 2013, 19:13

I'm hoping MS pull a netflix and start making their own content.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby Insaneyokel » 18 Sep 2013, 19:22

I like the idea of it being my entertainment hub, it means less leads, less controllers to be lost and a seamless transition between games and watching tv or other things. I already use my 360 to watch iplayer, 4od and you tube so it's not a big deal for me
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Next