to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Want Gears of War on Xbox One? "Ask Epic", says Microsoft

Your comments on our articles.

"We hope to bring it to Xbox One in some form."

Gears of War on Xbox One will happen when Epic says it'll happen, Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer has told Japanese mag Famitsu, as passed on by Dualshockers - the implication presumably being that there's little chance of a Bungie and Halo-style parting of the ways 'twixt the franchise and its creators.... read more

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 19 Sep 2013, 11:26

GOW 3 was such a grind and the story was very unsatisfying. Never played Judgement and judging by the sales Im not the only one. Definitely not a franchise I'm in any hurry to get back to.
Johnbhoy69 55

Re: Want Gears of War on Xbox One?

Postby Metalrodent » 19 Sep 2013, 11:27

No
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby wotsahotspotnot » 19 Sep 2013, 11:50

I found the 2 comments above me surprising, I thought Gears was almost universally loved by XBox people, but then I thought about it and Gears 3 WAS a bit of a grind. And I'll probably get round to Judgement but I'm in no hurry.

I suppose if Epic are waiting for people to polish their ego a bit by asking for Gears back, they'll be waiting a while.

I guess if Gears was to resurface, it ought to reinvent itslef somewhat. Maybe set itself in the Pendulum Wars and give the player more to do than just shoot stuff.
Jesus Saves...Before every boss battle.
wotsahotspotnot 35

Postby ElCritique » 19 Sep 2013, 11:59

I love Gears of War, but it shouldn't get another game for a few years. Take time to refresh and put together new ideas. They should really listen to fan feedback. In 3 to 4 years, I'll be ready for another Gears of War game.

Didn't find Gears of War 3 much of a "grind", but the ending boss was annoying.
ElCritique 35

Postby ChaoticP » 19 Sep 2013, 13:04

Gears of War 3 felt like a step back from GOW2 level design wise, and the plot felt like it was rushed. Suddenly Marcus' dad was thrown to the forefront of the story with little leading up to it, heck I barely remember anything about him from Gears of War 2. All things considered though I'm willing to give Gears another chance, but I just don't see where they could go with the story.
ChaoticP 52

Postby xPearse » 19 Sep 2013, 15:46

Gears 3 was so bad that im done with the franchise, I just don't care anymore. It was horrible and judgement was more like 3.5 and it had alot of stuff cut off the game before release, it's a half baked mess just like Halo 4. Epic fail games, go rip off borderlands.
xPearse 26

Postby J288gto » 19 Sep 2013, 16:50

The storyline went unnecessarily nuts for Gears 3. Dom had no need to die and in killing him of they effectively stopped the series. Judgment was an abomination and should never have had "Gears of War" attached to it.

With the last two games they tried to cater to COD style kids who want super fast movement and quick kills - the opposite of what Gears is. Gears 1 and 2 were awesome (rosey specs on) even with MP issues, which were commonplace in most games at the time anyway.

The next game has to go back to the dark, gritty, survival horror esque style which made it stand apart from mainstream shooters like BF and COD. Oh and bring back Cliffy B.... :lol:
J288gto 32

Postby blueak47 » 19 Sep 2013, 19:39

love gears hope it will be on next gen :D
blueak47 4

Postby xPearse » 19 Sep 2013, 21:55

J288gto wrote:The storyline went unnecessarily nuts for Gears 3. Dom had no need to die and in killing him of they effectively stopped the series. Judgment was an abomination and should never have had "Gears of War" attached to it.

With the last two games they tried to cater to COD style kids who want super fast movement and quick kills - the opposite of what Gears is. Gears 1 and 2 were awesome (rosey specs on) even with MP issues, which were commonplace in most games at the time anyway.

The next game has to go back to the dark, gritty, survival horror esque style which made it stand apart from mainstream shooters like BF and COD. Oh and bring back Cliffy B.... :lol:

Cliffy B was the one who wanted Gears to become like Call of Duty so I say let him rot.

TippiestRook99 wrote:
xPearse wrote:Epic fail games

How mature.

Got a problem, what did you enjoy the magical journey that is Gears 3 and Judgement or are you just all formal and never throwing insults or get angry when people ruin things you like.
xPearse 26

Postby xPearse » 20 Sep 2013, 15:47

TippiestRook99 wrote:Got a problem, what did you enjoy the magical journey that is Gears 3 and Judgement or are you just all formal and never throwing insults or get angry when people ruin things you like.

No I don`t throw insults at developers because they do not care no matter what you believe and I don`t rant about it continuously on an internet forum to level up my self esteem.[/quote]

Yea because that's the only reason im bashing them, so what you just sit there quiet and never complain even when there are problems just because you know they won't listen. That's just stupid, I know you probably mean what's the point if they don't listen but you have to even if they ignore you because doing nothing won't get you anywhere even if you have no success in doing so.
xPearse 26

Postby Grummy » 20 Sep 2013, 15:52

There is a huge difference between voicing your concerns publicly in a rational manner and just throwing petty insults at the developers. Developers *might* listen to people who talk to them rationally, but they're not going to pay any attention to someone who just runs and throws insults around. You're only hurting your cause doing that.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby xPearse » 20 Sep 2013, 16:53

Why do it here, do you expect people not to rant on games negative features on gaming websites. It's hard not to because they PO us off all the time, I'll stop ranting here though.
xPearse 26

Postby Xbox11 » 28 Oct 2013, 18:31

Just give us a new Unreal tournament and ill be happy.
Xbox11 29

Postby vI M4YH3Mz Iv » 06 Jan 2014, 17:00

Gears 1,2,3 were amazing!! Epic shouldn't of released judgement they should of took their time from gears 3. They should of announced a gears 3 for early 2015. Gears 4 or a brand new trilogy. I don't find prequels satisfying you already kind of know whats going to happen. Even if they announced just a gears online game that would be okay i guess. But i would much prefer a gears 4 of some sort. Microsoft better make it happen. Halo, gears and titanfall are all system sellers!! They better not make gears cross platform because that would really suck
vI M4YH3Mz Iv 43

Postby vI M4YH3Mz Iv » 06 Jan 2014, 17:01

Gears 1,2,3 were amazing!! Epic shouldn't of released judgement they should of took their time from gears 3. They should of announced a gears 3 for early 2015. Gears 4 or a brand new trilogy. I don't find prequels satisfying you already kind of know whats going to happen. Even if they announced just a gears online game that would be okay i guess. But i would much prefer a gears 4 of some sort. Microsoft better make it happen. Halo, gears and titanfall are all system sellers!! They better not make gears cross platform because that would really suck
vI M4YH3Mz Iv 43

Next