to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One's TV "vision" will take a while to launch everywher

Your comments on our articles.

"TV is going to be one of those things that's like a tree, we've just got to chop it down."

For better or worse, Microsoft has made much of the Xbox One's capabilities that don't involve playing games, but seeing as many of these ulterior functions won't be available on Day One in certain regions, is this really a smart move? Albert Penello, Microsoft's senior director of product management and planning, seems to think so, as they're still part of the company's long-term 'vision.'... read more

Xbox One's TV "vision" will take a while to launch everywher

Postby delpoi » 20 Sep 2013, 10:40

So us in the UK are we cavemen or something they should be sorting out the products for the territory's its ACTUALLY launching in seen as Japan isn't on the launch calendar :/
delpoi 40

Re: Xbox One's TV "vision" will take a while to launch every

Postby Metalrodent » 20 Sep 2013, 10:55

I think even in the U.S

Like the way he say's it like, 'oh hey don't worry, the US doesn't get all of it at launch'
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Neil H » 20 Sep 2013, 11:30

Just give me my Fallout tv show Microsoft.........Please :mrgreen:
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby Thos. » 20 Sep 2013, 12:23

"TV is going to be one of those things that's like a tree - we've just got to chop it down."

I don't understand even the tiniest part of this simile.
Thos. 45

Postby FishyGinger » 20 Sep 2013, 12:39

Thos. wrote:"TV is going to be one of those things that's like a tree - we've just got to chop it down."

Same here. I assume he's a lumberjack with a fetish for chainsaws and the destruction of treekind. When I see a tree I genuinely don't think "I should really cut that down"...
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby SilentDark » 20 Sep 2013, 12:44

Thos. wrote:"TV is going to be one of those things that's like a tree - we've just got to chop it down."

Well if I understand it right the "hardcore" gamer is the tree and so MS basically has to keep whacking away at them with an axe until they fall over and accept that MS' tv plans are genius.

I think. :wink:
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64

Postby CunningSmile » 20 Sep 2013, 13:40

SilentDark wrote:

Well if I understand it right the "hardcore" gamer is the tree and so MS basically has to keep whacking away at them with an axe until they fall over and accept that MS' tv plans are genius.

I think. :wink:

So they won't spy on us but they will attack us with sharp objects?! :shock:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Bugsquat » 20 Sep 2013, 14:20

'I understand your frustration'...'Do you have any matches? Try setting fire to it!!' :lol:

N.B. My posts seem to be becoming more and more nonsensical. I must make an effort to actually contribute more to the Comments section.
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 20 Sep 2013, 14:25

CunningSmile wrote:So they won't spy on us but they will attack us with sharp objects?! :shock:

Oh, no, they'll still spy on us and hit us with sharp pointed sticks. When things are fully up and running the Kinect will also be capable of detecting if you're smoking whilst gaming, and so blow acrid smoke in your face. If your taking drugs then the television will go all wobbly-vision, and you really don't want to know what will happen if you should forget to turn off the Kinect before partaking in a spot of sex (alone, or in company!)...! :lol:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby ChaoticP » 21 Sep 2013, 04:57

FishyGinger wrote:

Same here. I assume he's a lumberjack with a fetish for chainsaws and the destruction of treekind. When I see a tree I genuinely don't think "I should really cut that down"...

I guess if you think cut it down to make house it makes more sense.
ChaoticP 52

Postby Xbox11 » 21 Sep 2013, 09:51

I can understand not having TV working at launch, But there's no reason to take it out on the trees! :shock:
Xbox11 29