to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Too much Dark Souls fan feedback would dilute "the true esse

Your comments on our articles.

"The game design comes first," says publishing producer

From Software is walking a careful line between publisher input and fan feedback with Dark Souls 2, Namco Bandai's publishing producer Takeshi Miyazoe has told OXM. As regards the game's difficulty - generally the major bone of contention 'twixt Dark Souls advocates and detractors - Dark Souls 2 will be "as challenging as it needs to be".... read more

Too much Dark Souls fan feedback would dilute "the true esse

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 20 Sep 2013, 16:38

The only things I would really like to see change in Dark Souls would be roaming enemies(Not all of them just some of the more powerful so that it adds to that never thinking you're safe feeling), changing maps like in Dark Cloud and Phantasy Star Online (would probably kill the whole connected world though) and making the creation of the rarer weapons more of a grind so that only the dedicated can obtain them.
Johnbhoy69 55

Re: Too much Dark Souls fan feedback would dilute "the true

Postby msbhvn » 20 Sep 2013, 16:53

They need to add some structure to the PvP so that this time it doesn't descend into a trolling/griefing waste of time.

A tiny sense of direction in the game wouldn't go amiss either. I'm not talking tutorials and over-explaining things, just make it plain that I'm looking at a merchant and not an enemy because they used the exact same character model, and make it just a little more obvious that a certain area is much more easily passable with late-game stats and equipment even though it's right next to the starting area. And the inability to pause is ridiculous, the game wouldn't be made any easier by letting me go and get a drink when I feel like it.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby OXM ETboy » 20 Sep 2013, 17:02

Yeah, but pausing would screw up the online, shirley? Agreed that it could be a little bit more transparent, especially when it comes to the potential perma-death of a key NPC.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CSCS » 20 Sep 2013, 17:36

They got the right idea, please don't dumb the game down From/Namco. Ordered my CE already 90 squid well spent 8)
CSCS 13

Postby BLOODSHO7x » 20 Sep 2013, 22:13

msbhvn wrote:They need to add some structure to the PvP so that this time it doesn't descend into a trolling/griefing waste of time.

A tiny sense of direction in the game wouldn't go amiss either. I'm not talking tutorials and over-explaining things, just make it plain that I'm looking at a merchant and not an enemy because they used the exact same character model, and make it just a little more obvious that a certain area is much more easily passable with late-game stats and equipment even though it's right next to the starting area. And the inability to pause is ridiculous, the game wouldn't be made any easier by letting me go and get a drink when I feel like it.

They did add some structure to the pvp in the downloadable content (theres a 2v2 and 1v1 arena) but the people playing the game arent interested in that theyre only interested in rinsing souls which is easy when you team up in the forest / undead burg and spam heal vs one invader (that happens a lot) and usually its the 10-14 year olds that play cod that do this so maybe not a restructure / rethink but maybe a ban on cod players playing it would work better?
The whole thing with havel at the start was to punish players who thought they could take shortcuts past the 2nd boss if you are good enough at the game though you can kill him at starting level
And i liked the fact you couldnt pause the game i dont think itd work as well as it did if you could scroll through your inventory whilst paused and equip something you needed for a certain fight that you forgot about, i believe it was put in there as a sort of fail to prepare prepare to fail aspect if you catch my drift and there are a number of safe havens in the game to leave the game on and get refreshments
BLOODSHO7x 14

Postby BLOODSHO7x » 20 Sep 2013, 22:15

So looking forward to this game much more so than any other game coming out. Its going to be a long six months
BLOODSHO7x 14

Postby Maximus T » 20 Sep 2013, 22:45

BLOODSHO7x wrote:
msbhvn wrote:They need to add some structure to the PvP so that this time it doesn't descend into a trolling/griefing waste of time.

They did add some structure to the pvp in the downloadable content (theres a 2v2 and 1v1 arena) but the people playing the game arent interested in that theyre only interested in rinsing souls which is easy when you team up in the forest / undead burg and spam heal vs one invader (that happens a lot) and usually its the 10-14 year olds that play cod that do this so maybe not a restructure / rethink but maybe a ban on cod players playing it would work better?The whole thing with havel at the start was to punish players who thought they could take shortcuts past the 2nd boss if you are good enough at the game though you can kill him at starting level
And i liked the fact you couldnt pause the game i dont think itd work as well as it did if you could scroll through your inventory whilst paused and equip something you needed for a certain fight that you forgot about, i believe it was put in there as a sort of fail to prepare prepare to fail aspect if you catch my drift and there are a number of safe havens in the game to leave the game on and get refreshments

Freaking heck if you ban all the CoD players then the game won't have much of an audience to sell to!
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Postby BLOODSHO7x » 21 Sep 2013, 16:27

They did add some structure to the pvp in the downloadable content (theres a 2v2 and 1v1 arena) but the people playing the game arent interested in that theyre only interested in rinsing souls which is easy when you team up in the forest / undead burg and spam heal vs one invader (that happens a lot) and usually its the 10-14 year olds that play cod that do this so maybe not a restructure / rethink but maybe a ban on cod players playing it would work better?The whole thing with havel at the start was to punish players who thought they could take shortcuts past the 2nd boss if you are good enough at the game though you can kill him at starting level
And i liked the fact you couldnt pause the game i dont think itd work as well as it did if you could scroll through your inventory whilst paused and equip something you needed for a certain fight that you forgot about, i believe it was put in there as a sort of fail to prepare prepare to fail aspect if you catch my drift and there are a number of safe havens in the game to leave the game on and get refreshments[/quote]
Freaking heck if you ban all the CoD players then the game won't have much of an audience to sell to![/quote]

just the 11-14 year olds and only from the pvp i dont want to have to come up against 2 level 300+ spam healers as level 100 again
BLOODSHO7x 14