to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Crimson Dragon hands-on - the Panzer Dragoon homage is rebor

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft's sometime Kinect-only shooter shapes up in HD

After a long-protracted development, Crimson Dragon is finally in a playable state - and its switch to Xbox One exclusive has made for some cool new features. Obviously it looks incredible: your fire-breathing dragon buddy is dwarfed by gigantic bosses, such as the weird octopus-dragon-thing Baobab-O we encountered during a demo at the Tokyo Game Show, one of its mighty wings filling the screen as you fly in for the kill.... read more

Crimson Dragon hands-on - the Panzer Dragoon homage is rebor

Postby CSCS » 20 Sep 2013, 17:34

Looks awesome especially for the price, thank you Microsoft for bringing Panzer Dragoon back.
CSCS 13

Re: Crimson Dragon hands-on - the Panzer Dragoon homage is r

Postby SF1 » 20 Sep 2013, 17:48

Day one purchase for me :)
SF1 24

Postby Raynger General » 21 Sep 2013, 01:30

If this is the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon, when do we get Crimson Dragon Saga? :)
Raynger General 1

Postby TronZler » 21 Sep 2013, 09:28

YAY! Crimson Dragon spoke about :)

I actually just found out a lot of this stuff myself just the other day,as with its history. I never knew it was originally going to be a 360 Kinnect game for a start,and i was overjoyed to see the real release of it on the One is played with a pad. As,although if it had been Kinnect i probably still would have at least tried,simply for the letting me relive my good time nostalgic buzz of playing the Panzer Dragoons. But to complete the authenticity,i really needed at LEAST a pad option,as a pad is how i played them.

Delighted its original Panzer team members that made it,an when i found out even the same composer has returned,that made sense as i did hear a bit of Panzer music in one of the new gameplay vids. Seemingly its Panzer,without being Panzer,as Sega own the rights to Panzer. Which for a Panzer fan,Is Panzertastic!

Well happy with how its looking,an how its evolved through developement. :)

Keep up these lovely Crimson Dragon articles OXM Team!
TronZler 23

Postby xPearse » 21 Sep 2013, 15:31

Lame, no J-RPG = no buy. Never mind the lack of actual RPG's on the next gen consoles which is a shame.
xPearse 26