to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ascend: Hand of Kul tips - how to be the best Caos money can

Your comments on our articles.

Woe unto the heretic - daddy's in town

Who was Kul? And where's the rest of him? Just two of literally three or more questions you may have about Ascend: Hand of Kul, Signal's free-to-play action-RPG for Xbox Live. The game is now in open beta, and is shaping up to an entertaining if clumsy romp, laced with intriguing multiplayer and level-up mechanisms.... read more

Postby CR33D » 25 Sep 2013, 22:57

I'm sure your spells carry over anyway? I have all my spells i've brought. Might be a glitch for me. Match making isn't that great in this game. I keep getting levels 10-15 invade. a good few hits and they are dead. But my brother has gotten a level 18 in his world invade and he is level 14. Also they always invade when You're at a boss fight it gets very annoying so i just wait to i finish.

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Re: Ascend: Hand of Kul tips - how to be the best Caos money

Postby OXM ETboy » 25 Sep 2013, 23:37

You're right - I based that tip on an older version of the beta. As of update 1.1, spells carry over to new Caos at no charge. I've edited the article to say as much.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby DaveF » 26 Sep 2013, 05:48

I think there is a passive accumulation of souls, but from what I've seen it's negligible. Also, a tip about ascending, grind as far as you can before you ascend. Don't send your little Caos off at level 6, he won't net you anything like that.
DaveF 1

Postby Lee Collins » 27 Sep 2013, 21:39

tbh this game would be good to play if the server didnt crash so much so i can not many people will stick to this game long enough...
Lee Collins 1

Postby CR33D » 27 Sep 2013, 21:45

Lee Collins wrote:tbh this game would be good to play if the server didnt crash so much so i can not many people will stick to this game long enough...

Spartacus, Crash Course 2 and Happy Wars did the same when they first released. So it should be fixed soon. (Remember it's a Beta)

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Postby Eric Waters » 30 Sep 2013, 00:54

already level 35....the game didnt crash on me al day today ...noglitching today,,,,its a good game
Eric Waters 1

Postby Bloodborg » 01 Oct 2013, 15:38

lvl 32 sure great game

Finished of kul
Didnt spend any real life money

And finished game .. Quest mark just ends up in a opend chest..

Now i get disconected every 3 minutes

Whate now ? easy shitty game

I only stabbed kul 3 times game over?

70 € for 700k points my ass :S:S::S:S
Bloodborg 1

Postby Bloodborg » 01 Oct 2013, 16:55

360 crashed 3 times in 30 minutes after play trough
every 5 min
INternet conection lost cant log in after 5 minutes

If finished the game Before the bugs were removed?
Bloodborg 1

Postby geekiebeekie » 02 Aug 2014, 10:14

"Curse clever
Remember that your enemies are running through their own version of your game, so if you walk into a room and see their ghost gettting beaten up, that might be a good time to banish your enemies into their world, to deliver the killing blow. Often, one curse won't be enough - the game isn't really that tough. Bombard the enemy faction's ghost with summoned and banished creatures. Remember to place the summoning spire out of sight, so it has time to spit out a few enemies before they find and destroy it."

Ah, I love when people are dumb enough to try this. First off, if you see someone "apparently" having a hard time, they could just be building up a huge hit multiplier before the clearing the room (especially if they're a Light/Void combo).

My favorite response to people that like to "curse wisely" banish their weak crap back to them, hit them with every curse I have... twice. If I'm feeling particularly ironic I'll throw in a Shield of the Gods blessing.

Always be careful who you mess with. Just because someone is in the same area, doesn't mean they're a low level.

Also, side point, your soul farming advice sucks. You can make more souls faster by looting and selling as quickly as possible than becoming involved in every fight ever. Just think about it.
geekiebeekie 1

Postby Grummy » 03 Aug 2014, 03:26

geekiebeekie wrote:"Curse clever
Remember that your enemies are running through their own version of your game, so if you walk into a room and see their ghost gettting beaten up, that might be a good time to banish your enemies into their world, to deliver the killing blow. Often, one curse won't be enough - the game isn't really that tough. Bombard the enemy faction's ghost with summoned and banished creatures. Remember to place the summoning spire out of sight, so it has time to spit out a few enemies before they find and destroy it."

Ah, I love when people are dumb enough to try this. First off, if you see someone "apparently" having a hard time, they could just be building up a huge hit multiplier before the clearing the room (especially if they're a Light/Void combo).

My favorite response to people that like to "curse wisely" banish their weak crap back to them, hit them with every curse I have... twice. If I'm feeling particularly ironic I'll throw in a Shield of the Gods blessing.

Always be careful who you mess with. Just because someone is in the same area, doesn't mean they're a low level.

Also, side point, your soul farming advice sucks. You can make more souls faster by looting and selling as quickly as possible than becoming involved in every fight ever. Just think about it.

Can I just point out that this article is nearly a year old now. That means you've had a year to play and perfect strategies whereas this was made from early play as a simple set of hints and tips for new players at that time.

As such, your obnoxious little rant is completely out of place here.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby geekiebeekie » 03 Aug 2014, 05:27

And your snide observation is amusing. Yes, the game has been out a while but I've only been playing less than two weeks, hardly a year with which to perfect my strategies. So yeah, I do think it's pretty lame that this article is claiming to help people make "the best Caos money can't buy" but the advice is mediocre at best.

But hey, kudos to you for being a douchebag. :)
geekiebeekie 1

Postby Grummy » 03 Aug 2014, 18:43

geekiebeekie wrote:And your snide observation is amusing. Yes, the game has been out a while but I've only been playing less than two weeks, hardly a year with which to perfect my strategies. So yeah, I do think it's pretty lame that this article is claiming to help people make "the best Caos money can't buy" but the advice is mediocre at best.

But hey, kudos to you for being a douchebag. :)

Irrelevant. This was never touted as being an absolutely comprehensive guide, just a quick leg up for new players at the time, no more, no less, and yet you've dredged up an old article to abuse the writer because you have different opinions? You really don't see how ridiculous that is?

Regardless of what you think, we don't appreciate people registering just to be arsey. If you can't offer your views on something without being rude, then this isn't the place for you.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator