Why playing Titanfall like Call of Duty is suicide - Respawn

Your comments on our articles.

Community manager Abbie Heppe on verticality, weapon unlocks and progression

There's an old expression, "the bigger they come, the harder they fall", or, as the dwarves of the Discworld put it, "when his hands are higher than your head, his groin is level with your teeth". The Titans of Titanfall don't just "fall": they evaporate into pleasingly authentic gusts of flame, rocket propellant and lightning - but wreaking such havoc upon them is seldom as simple as coining a phrase, especially if you're trying to play Respawn's game as you would a certain Crawl of Doody.... read more

Why playing Titanfall like Call of Duty is suicide - Respawn

Postby Insufferablee » 30 Sep 2013, 15:25

This is exactly what happened to me when I got to play the demo at Eurogamer last week.

Initially I ran along trying out the jumping/wall running but, once the enemy arrived, I quickly fell into ground-based cover behaviour. It took a few minutes of getting battered for me to remember that I had a huge amount of vertical exploration to do.

Loved the demo, was everything I hoped it would be. Respawn have done a great job balancing the power of the Titans against the agility of the ground troops so, while you'll still want to get to cover when you see one stomping toward you, you’re more than capable of taking it out single handed if you stay on your toes!
Insufferablee 2

Re: Why playing Titanfall like Call of Duty is suicide - Res

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Sep 2013, 15:44

If there's any justice, you'll be able to do emotes and dance moves while driving a Titan. Can't wait to see what the other kinds of Titan are - I fancy something four-legged, and perhaps something with a big old sword.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Grummy » 30 Sep 2013, 16:28

OXM ETboy wrote:If there's any justice, you'll be able to do emotes and dance moves while driving a Titan. Can't wait to see what the other kinds of Titan are - I fancy something four-legged, and perhaps something with a big old sword.

If I can't make my Titan moonwalk now I'll be massively disappointed.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 01 Oct 2013, 10:36

Running around on walls was hilarious at the event simply because very few were doing it so you really did tear them apart. It's actually got a skillgap!!! Best game i've played for some time.
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29