to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 3 is October's second free Xbox game

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft confirms Master Chief's Xbox 360 debut will drop its price tag

Not so keen on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes HD, October's first free downloadable Xbox game? Don't worry, there's something a tad more bombastic on the schedule for later in the month - Halo 3, as promised by Microsoft back at E3 this year. Better late than never...... read more

Postby Jigster1 » 30 Sep 2013, 17:30

Never actually completed Halo 3 so yay! :D
Jigster1 46

Re: Halo 3 is October's second free Xbox game

Postby OXM ETboy » 30 Sep 2013, 17:35

Brace for impact!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby captainhetty » 30 Sep 2013, 17:37

lazercut123 wrote:Big argument starting in 3,2,1.....

Beat me to it!

I'll just save us some time...

errrmahgerrrrd MS give us some decent games!

Meanwhile on PS+....

What a load of shite.

Et cetera, et cetera.

Now nobody else needs to come here and complain. I did it for you ^_^
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
GT - captainhetty
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 61

Postby msbhvn » 30 Sep 2013, 17:42

Hmm. Kind of mixed feelings about Halo 3. Doesn't it run badly when installed to the hard drive, or did they fix that for the Games on Demand version?

Still as birthday presents go, it's not too bad.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Metalrodent » 30 Sep 2013, 17:44

awesome game, still one my fave campaigns ever (and that music *eargasm*)

anyway, happy to help people with a bit of coop, not promises I'm any good though
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Thos. » 30 Sep 2013, 17:45

Been playing multiplayer on and off the past few months in anticipation of a new player influx. Blimey, the controls are annoyingly different to the later titles.
Thos. 46

Postby LethalBuddha » 30 Sep 2013, 17:56

Hopefully this means I might be able to rope someone into helping me finally complete it on legendary.
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby SilentDark » 30 Sep 2013, 18:13

captainhetty wrote:
lazercut123 wrote:Big argument starting in 3,2,1.....

Beat me to it!

I'll just save us some time...

errrmahgerrrrd MS give us some decent games!

Meanwhile on PS+....

What a load of shite.

Et cetera, et cetera.

Now nobody else needs to come here and complain. I did it for you ^_^

You're so considerate. I had a lot on today so I couldn't devote the time to a rant. This is why I come back, for all the lovely considerate wonderful people on here....and my neverending conflict with my nemesis of course. :wink:
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 67

Postby CunningSmile » 30 Sep 2013, 19:03

I love you too :lol:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Thos. » 30 Sep 2013, 19:44

This is getting so tedious. Apparently no one is allowed to make any comment about anything that is free. God forbid you should offer opinions on what you think of a game. If it's free you may not say anything bad about it.

So presumably we are going to get this childish flood of complaints about people complaining every time a free game is released, in spite of the fact that no one is actually complaining?
Thos. 46

Postby msbhvn » 30 Sep 2013, 19:48

Thos. wrote:This is getting so tedious. Apparently no one is allowed to make any comment about anything that is free. God forbid you should offer opinions on what you think of a game. If it's free you may not say anything bad about it.

So presumably we are going to get this childish flood of complaints about people complaining every time a free game is released, in spite of the fact that no one is actually complaining?

And how is complaining about people complaining about people complaining any better?
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Grummy » 30 Sep 2013, 19:55

Thos. wrote:This is getting so tedious. Apparently no one is allowed to make any comment about anything that is free. God forbid you should offer opinions on what you think of a game. If it's free you may not say anything bad about it.

Ways and means dude. It's one thing to say

"man, I'm quite disappointed by this, I was hoping for a nice RPG"

or

"I'm surprised by this, I was expecting XYZ instead".

Comments like these are fine, they're productive and reasonable. It's entirely different to come on here and just say,

"U Suk Microdick, Playstation plus is loads beter, give us moar gooder games, these gamesr shyte",

or any variant there of, it's predictable whinging and the ensuing argument has been done over and over again. Do we really want to rehash the same stupid arguments again and again?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Thos. » 30 Sep 2013, 19:58

msbhvn wrote:

And how is complaining about people complaining about people complaining any better?

Well I haven't complained about any of the free games up til now, but I like to hear people's opinions on older games in retrospect, now the hype of the launch has worn off, and whether people think it's still worth playing them nowadays or not. Apparently though, if it's free you have to say it's all brilliant.
Thos. 46

Postby Grummy » 30 Sep 2013, 20:03

Thos. wrote:
Well I haven't complained about any of the free games up til now, but I like to hear people's opinions on older games in retrospect, now the hype of the launch has worn off, and whether people think it's still worth playing them nowadays or not. Apparently though, if it's free you have to say it's all brilliant.

You've got that very wrong bro, no ones bitching about people saying whether they think the game is good or bad or whatever, the problem people have is other people coming on and bitching that MS are releasing older games, shit games or whatever. It's the same argument again and again that MS should be offering 'better' or 'newer' games instead. If people were just happily chatting about their particular thoughts on that particular game, then fine, that's great, but can you honestly tell me you glean any insight of value from the stream of 'this game is shyte, us suck Microsoft' posts? If you want some reasoned input wouldn't you too prefer it to be reasoned discussion and not angry, pointless rants?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby mackered » 30 Sep 2013, 20:06

Having finished this legendary, I'm happy to help anyone who needs it. Just pm me.
Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween. Guess they don't like random people coming knocking on their doors. Also, when your partner says "correct me if I'm wrong" would you?
mackered 58

Next