to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dying Light hands-on - Dead Rising 3's first real challenger

Your comments on our articles.

Or as the kids are calling it, "Mirror's Edge: Undead Nightmare"

Ultra-empathetic dogs, magical clouds, story-driven online, the death of loading breaks - there's no shortage of next gen console gaming "trends" to choose from. One that appears to have escaped notice is a penchant for agile protagonists. Consider Titanfall, in which spry grunts tumble and corkscrew from structure to structure, mocking the titanium giants who trudge through the streets below. Consider Sunset Overdrive, in which players walk casually off skyscrapers and into shoot-outs with festering orange muties.... read more

Dying Light hands-on - Dead Rising 3's first real challenger

Postby fatalgilly » 01 Oct 2013, 10:04

Played this at Eurogamer last weekend. It was definitely my highlight of the day, I enjoyed it so much that after I was done I went back in the queue and went on it again haha!
fatalgilly 23

Re: Dying Light hands-on - Dead Rising 3's first real challe

Postby Aphasial » 01 Oct 2013, 19:41

Techland - a developer that hasn't so much made the zombie genre its own as hustled the zombie genre into a wardrobe and repeatedly defiled its twitching corpse.

Ah man I was eating my tea when I read that :shock:

I must admit I'm looking forward to this one. I've never tried dead island but as a fan of the zombie genre its on my to get list. I really like the idea of a parkour zombie game, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out

'These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me.'
Jayne Cobb, Firefly
Aphasial 22

Re: Dying Light hands-on - Dead Rising 3's first real challe

Postby Jason Triggs » 07 Oct 2013, 18:27

I hope you're not jumping from roof to roof throughout most of the game. That would get a tad boring.

I really enjoyed Dead Island on pc, so I'm looking forward to this one as well. Nothing more exciting than targeting specific limbs on your target ;)
Jason Triggs 2