to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta now available on Xbox Live

Your comments on our articles.

Premium, MOH owners and pre-orders get access first

Adding yet more weight to servers struggling to process GTA Online's launch, Battlefield 4's closed multiplayer beta is now available to download from Xbox Live. The beta is only open to those who've preordered the game, Battlefield 3 Premium subscribers and owners of the Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition Online Pass - everybody else gets access on 4th October.... read more

Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta now available on Xbox Live

Postby sarge2u » 01 Oct 2013, 14:29

Yet another good start to todays downloads, first GTA don't run online now Battlefield 4 beta don't play either.
I get can't connect to EA servers or lost connection, If they can't get the beta up and running with just a month to go how shitty is the final version going to be...makes me wonder about knocking it on the head on 360 anyways.....
sarge2u 28

Re: Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta now available on Xbox Liv

Postby sarge2u » 01 Oct 2013, 14:34

To say Premiuim members get this first is an insult to all members as we will be lucky to be playing this with the rest of the gold members in a few days, why make a date to place it online if they have not got it running right..Don't know if it shows but feeling pissed with 360 at min and have to have my winge lol
sarge2u 28

Postby majormomsticky » 01 Oct 2013, 14:36

I'm a big fan of battlefield but this has got to be the worse gameplay battlefield I have ever played great graphics etc but the gameplay is awfull very disappointed I know its only the beta version but we are only weeks from release so I can't see it being far off the final version worrying times first Fifa 14 and now battlefield 2 of my big name title I have played for years very depressing let's hope call of duty ghosts turns out to be better then it looks :(
majormomsticky 30

Postby Starskream » 01 Oct 2013, 18:13

majormomsticky wrote:I'm a big fan of battlefield but this has got to be the worse gameplay battlefield I have ever played great graphics etc but the gameplay is awfull very disappointed I know its only the beta version but we are only weeks from release so I can't see it being far off the final version worrying times first Fifa 14 and now battlefield 2 of my big name title I have played for years very depressing let's hope call of duty ghosts turns out to be better then it looks :(

I dont even think the graphics are good and if you are hoping for much change in the game between this version and the retail one you will be very sad indeed. When they released the Operation Metro Beta of BF3, out of all my friends I was one of the few who liked it and I played the Beta every night while it was up but I played 3 matches on this and turned it off as it was just awful. I suppose its mainly been designed for the next gen consoles and PC so Im keeping my Xbox One preorder in the hope that it turns out better than this is looking so far but this map with 3 flag conquest is utter pants.
Starskream 41

Postby TheAlleyWay » 01 Oct 2013, 20:57

Do I need to own premium on the dashboard or can I have the disk.
TheAlleyWay 1

Postby Starskream » 01 Oct 2013, 22:16

TheAlleyWay wrote:Do I need to own premium on the dashboard or can I have the disk.

If you want to play the Beta today you will need to have BF3 Premium or the online pass for MOH special edition to play it. Otherwise you will have to wait until the 4th to play in the open beta but you should still be able to download the beta from games section of the marketplace.
Starskream 41

Postby SatanicxNinja » 02 Oct 2013, 01:24

I have the Bf4 beta available on my xbox dashboard but when ever i press A on download it it tries to bring up the download details and then it quits, really dying to play this damn beta and then this crap happens. i have downloaded the MOH WF access code so it should be working but it ain't grrrrrrrrrr.
SatanicxNinja 1

Postby winter » 02 Oct 2013, 01:36

I pre-ordered, how will I get it??
winter 17

Postby eddieb101 » 02 Oct 2013, 01:41

I can remember when the Beta for Battlefield 3 came out. Virtually all of my friends along with myself were immediately impressed with the size and general quality of the Beta (which was RUSH mode on Operation Metro). It seemed at the time as a step forward in the gaming circle and myself and my friends have since enjoyed many countless hours on Battlefield 3! Although it's worth noting that many of the bugs, glitches and problems did find their way into the game when it was released which is why beta's are important and DO tell a very good tale of what the finished product will look like.

Moving the this Beta which i have now played for around 4 hours straight... Graphics were a disappointment, especially of objects up close and indeed weapons. Spawn dying seems the norm, getting shot and killed by people who haven't appeared yet seems to happen quite regularly too. Indeed when you get killed you get a short kill-cam of where the enemy player was and they're highlighted in red and often they seem to have shot me through solid walls. quick scoping is very prominent as well. The worse thing however is the overuse of the tube (m320 grenade launcher). To me that was something you found in Call of Duty and wasn't as popular in BF3, if this beta is anything to go by (which was Conquest AND Domination modes on Siege of Shanghai) then i don't hold much hope for when the game is released, e.g. i spawned at our teams main spawn point and instantly got blown up by some noob that decided to use a tube the whole time. Over the 4 hour period my console froze twice during loading screens! On the plus side i liked the feel of the weapons although throwing grenades felt slow and inaccurate. Destruction is alive and well again but with this new destruction engine takes it to the next level certainly compared to BF3.

There were lag issues but considering it's a beta i'm more than happy at this point to let that one slide.

As a big fan of BF3 i have to say overall i am very disappointed with this Beta and yes a beta is there to work the bugs out, but many of them just shouldn't be there, many of them are the same type of bugs that were in Medal of honor.

By and large it offers nothing new except quite a few problems that as far as i can see have come straight from EA's last outing Medal Of Honor: Warfighter. Indeed i would go as far as to say that based on the beta BF4 will resemble MoH more than BF3 which is a bad thing!

....this is all my personal opinion!!
eddieb101 37

Postby winter » 02 Oct 2013, 02:47

eddieb101 wrote:I can remember when the Beta for Battlefield 3 came out. Virtually all of my friends along with myself were immediately impressed with the size and general quality of the Beta (which was RUSH mode on Operation Metro). It seemed at the time as a step forward in the gaming circle and myself and my friends have since enjoyed many countless hours on Battlefield 3! Although it's worth noting that many of the bugs, glitches and problems did find their way into the game when it was released which is why beta's are important and DO tell a very good tale of what the finished product will look like.

Moving the this Beta which i have now played for around 4 hours straight... Graphics were a disappointment, especially of objects up close and indeed weapons. Spawn dying seems the norm, getting shot and killed by people who haven't appeared yet seems to happen quite regularly too. Indeed when you get killed you get a short kill-cam of where the enemy player was and they're highlighted in red and often they seem to have shot me through solid walls. quick scoping is very prominent as well. The worse thing however is the overuse of the tube (m320 grenade launcher). To me that was something you found in Call of Duty and wasn't as popular in BF3, if this beta is anything to go by (which was Conquest AND Domination modes on Siege of Shanghai) then i don't hold much hope for when the game is released, e.g. i spawned at our teams main spawn point and instantly got blown up by some noob that decided to use a tube the whole time. Over the 4 hour period my console froze twice during loading screens! On the plus side i liked the feel of the weapons although throwing grenades felt slow and inaccurate. Destruction is alive and well again but with this new destruction engine takes it to the next level certainly compared to BF3.

There were lag issues but considering it's a beta i'm more than happy at this point to let that one slide.

As a big fan of BF3 i have to say overall i am very disappointed with this Beta and yes a beta is there to work the bugs out, but many of them just shouldn't be there, many of them are the same type of bugs that were in Medal of honor.

By and large it offers nothing new except quite a few problems that as far as i can see have come straight from EA's last outing Medal Of Honor: Warfighter. Indeed i would go as far as to say that based on the beta BF4 will resemble MoH more than BF3 which is a bad thing!

....this is all my personal opinion!!

When I played the BF3 Beta, it was nothing like the full game, but at E3 BF4 looked fine, so what's up with that? Is it just the current-gen consoles that are the problem or what?
winter 17

Postby Abe hikura » 02 Oct 2013, 07:22

In regards to the quality of this beta I'm sire its the same as BF3. An months old build added to Xbox live so they can test out the back end stuff e.g. server suport and network issues aka the stuff rock star didn't do during their beta.

I've played a lot of betas and in all but free to play MMOs the build is usually an early build with 60-90% of the features a actually there.

Developers have access to a large number of testers to find bugs and glitches but they can only do so much. The testers will always be in "optimum environments" basicly the right specs and perfect connection. Betas are supposed to see how it preforms '"in the wild" with different hardware configurations and connection speeds the world over

Each games always have issues with the connection even weeks after release and even on single player games

Sorry nerd rant over please carry on
Abe hikura 53

Postby eddieb101 » 02 Oct 2013, 11:42

@ winter. I suggest you play the beta first and then you will find out, all i'm saying is the beta felt more closely related to Medal of Honor in terms of game-play rather than bf3.

@abe hikura, the BF3 beta was very similar to the finished product and i'll remind everyone that we're only 1 month out till release of the full game. Sure the bf3 beta didn't look as good as the finished product but many of the bugs and indeed style of game play found their way into the actual game, what i'm saying is a beta this close to release will give a good idea as to what the actual game will feel like.
eddieb101 37

Postby andy30241 » 02 Oct 2013, 15:50

I downloaded this the moment it went online at 11am on the 1st, Played 6 hours yesterday with not one connect or server problem.

Very good Beta bit rough round the edges but hey its a Beta! If this is anything to go by Battlefield 4 is going to be fantastic well done Dice and EA
andy30241 7

Re: Battlefiejuld 4 multiplayer beta now available on Xbox L

Postby VF31 TomCatters » 02 Oct 2013, 16:33

Downloaded bf4 beta no problems whats so ever bit rough cannot wait for finished version on xbox 1
VF31 TomCatters 3

Postby Pompey78 » 02 Oct 2013, 19:46

I assume access to those who have pre ordered will be to those who have pre ordered via EA direct and not via retailers? I ask as I can't find it...but then judging by the comments so far maybe that's a good thing?
Gamertag MattHayward
Getting my kids into gaming to justify an Xbox One purchase :)
Pompey78 33

Next