to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft's Ken Lobb will buy a PS4 - "I love all of my toys

Your comments on our articles.

"Bickering" about Xbox One vs PS4 doesn't get us anywhere

GoldenEye designer, former Nintendo of America man and Microsoft Studios partner creative director Ken Lobb has chipped in on the next generation console debate, commenting to Edge that there will be good games on all the platforms, and that contrasting the specs and price points is thus rather unconstructive.... read more

Postby J288gto » 02 Oct 2013, 11:57

Why gamers feel the need to shout about how great their platform I'm not sure. Surely gamers should be like one big happy family not elitist weridos! I suppose we could blame spotty teenagers for this phenomenon but I remember a friend getting punched for owning a Mega drive back in '92! (we were 9) :lol:
J288gto 32

Postby Blackie252 » 02 Oct 2013, 11:58

This is how I feel, It is nice to see someone who should have singular commitment to their chosen platform speak freely about his love of games.

I myself will reserve judgement on which console is best after both have had some play time under my TV. Admittedly there may be some time difference between getting both consoles (The One first then PS4 after xmas) but no matter which side I chose as my main platform, I really wont be getting into any flame war about my choice.

I think the arguments surrounding both consoles are childish, why people need to force their views on others (Most are completely outlandish claims as well). True 'gamers' will stay clear of this freakish debate and just stick to what they do best....... Gaming.

I am proud to say I like to try out every console that is released and the only thing that sways my judgement on which stays are the games, how it feels and how it plays.

I have had an Xbox 360 and a PS3 both from there respective release days and I can say that the PS3 has been gathering dust for quite a few years. Not because the machine is bad but because I enjoy the features of the Xbox more, I am more comfortable with it.

Again, November will be a trying time and I may just stay clear of gaming forums for a while until the apocalypse settles down!

Peace out!!!
Blackie252 23

Re: Microsoft's Ken Lobb will buy a PS4 - "I love all of my

Postby ChaoticP » 02 Oct 2013, 12:20

Wow someone working for a console manufacturer speaking like an adult. I can't wait for the inevitable response of Sony fanboys, "See even Kenn Lobb thinks the PS4 is better, Xbox One sucks, I am the superior gamer, no I don't have a tiny penis," and so forth.
ChaoticP 52

Postby CunningSmile » 02 Oct 2013, 12:46

J288gto wrote:Why gamers feel the need to shout about how great their platform I'm not sure. Surely gamers should be like one big happy family not elitist weridos! I suppose we could blame spotty teenagers for this phenomenon but I remember a friend getting punched for owning a Mega drive back in '92! (we were 9) :lol:

Alas it's human nature to form clans and hate everyone outside that clan. The platform war (and the CoD/BF rivalry) )is just another example of the behaviour that results in football fans talking about "we did really well." Really? Cos I thought it was 11 guys you never met who did well whilst you sat in the pub and drank.

Suppose we should be grateful that we just have homophobic 11 year olds and not Nintendo hooligans
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby ipsofacto » 02 Oct 2013, 13:43

I'd have both if I could justify spending another £350 on, what is in my opinion, an inferior console :D I don't care for the argument, but it really winds me up when all over every comment section on anything, is just people abusing the Xbox One for some dodgy PR that happened months ago
ipsofacto 46

Postby Plamsa wing » 02 Oct 2013, 14:41

Unfortunately, some people like to justify their purchase by telling others, said purchase is more superior than theirs. It's nothing but a constant stream of "my dad could batter your dad", thankfully I've seen their dads and they're both tosspots.

Will say I'm not looking forward to the release of the new consoles, I can see a barrage of fan boys heading our way.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby CunningSmile » 02 Oct 2013, 14:51

Plamsa wing wrote:Unfortunately, some people like to justify their purchase by telling others, said purchase is more superior than theirs. It's nothing but a constant stream of "my dad could batter your dad", thankfully I've seen their dads and they're both tosspots.

Will say I'm not looking forward to the release of the new consoles, I can see a barrage of fan boys heading our way.

Not sure about Kernow and Grummy's hammers, but my ban katana is nicely sharp :twisted:
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby msbhvn » 02 Oct 2013, 16:01

I agree with Mr Lobb on this. I bought a PS3 to play the exclusive games on that side of the fence and while Sony has a lot of ground to cover in the online aspect, once I'm in-game the differences in the two machines disappear. That said, I haven't bought Skyrim for the PS3 because I'm not a masochist. :lol:

If I trusted that Sony could run a decent online service I might have bought a PS4 as well as an Xbox One. Sadly I don't, so I'm going to wait a year or so, or at least until the first price cut.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby OXM ETboy » 02 Oct 2013, 16:05

CunningSmile wrote:
Plamsa wing wrote:Unfortunately, some people like to justify their purchase by telling others, said purchase is more superior than theirs. It's nothing but a constant stream of "my dad could batter your dad", thankfully I've seen their dads and they're both tosspots.

Not sure about Kernow and Grummy's hammers, but my ban katana is nicely sharp :twisted:

The BANKATANA. Why did I not think of this before. We should start a banweapons franchise.

/trademarks "banbazooka.com"
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 02 Oct 2013, 16:11

OXM ETboy wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Not sure about Kernow and Grummy's hammers, but my ban katana is nicely sharp :twisted:

The BANKATANA. Why did I not think of this before. We should start a banweapons franchise.

/trademarks "banbazooka.com"

I'm hoping for my own TV series, CunningSmile: Samurai Mod
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Nick Nack » 02 Oct 2013, 16:57

I'm buying both consoles, because i'm a gamer, not a dumbass fanboy. I've found the build up to next gen nothing but toxic, why can't people buy the console they want without having to put up with abuse of nerdy fanboys?......Seriously some people are idiots.
Nick Nack 48

Postby captainhetty » 02 Oct 2013, 17:30

msbhvn wrote:I agree with Mr Lobb on this. I bought a PS3 to play the exclusive games on that side of the fence and while Sony has a lot of ground to cover in the online aspect, once I'm in-game the differences in the two machines disappear. That said, I haven't bought Skyrim for the PS3 because I'm not a masochist. :lol:

Exactly the same reason I own both.

I prefer one over the other, yes, but I'm not going to get all religious about it, it's just personal preference. While those tosspots are busy arguing over crap nobody cares about, I'm enjoying great games, because that's what gamers do. What machine I'm playing those games on is completely irrelevant, and quite frankly nobody else's business anyway.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 60

Postby SilentDark » 02 Oct 2013, 17:35

J288gto wrote:Surely gamers should be like one big happy family not elitist weridos!

In an ideal world where misanthropes like myself had no place. But as long as there is irrational hatred, my services will be required to deliver hate in equal measure, to all the children of man.

However this problem will be resolved once I am able to afford all three consoles, since any console I own is automatically awesome anyway, and, funds willing, I'll get all three. :D
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby FishyGinger » 02 Oct 2013, 17:44

One thing you missed out of the article that Mr Lobb did say was that ninjas are better than samurai. He really did say that.

I don't fear your bancannons :D
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby skellen79 » 02 Oct 2013, 18:47

Samurai are WAY better than ninja, no hiding like children.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and where ever truth, love and laughter abide, I will be there in spirit.
Bill Hicks 1961-1994
skellen79 28

Next