to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

GTA Online bugs: how to get past the opening tutorial race g

Your comments on our articles.

Rockstar switches off microtransactions till "things are running smoothly"

We now enter the third day of GTA Online, with little apparent let-up on the technical difficulties front. Rockstar has disabled the game's microtransaction system while it tinkers around with the netcode - if you want cash, you'll need to crank it out the old-fashioned, in-game way for the moment. Assuming you can get the game running at all.... read more

GTA Online bugs: how to get past the opening tutorial race g

Postby Timmeh555 » 03 Oct 2013, 10:06

As bad as this sounds this makes me happy as i have no internet so i can't play but if i could i would not be enjoying it as much as i should.
Timmeh555 44

Re: GTA Online bugs: how to get past the opening tutorial ra

Postby DHUK » 03 Oct 2013, 10:09

I just battled through.

Look at me now, $30,000 in the bank and the lofty heights of rank 8.
Oh how you all weep to behold such glory!
DHUK 40

Postby Blackie252 » 03 Oct 2013, 10:10

It is the same with all big multiplayer releases now, I am not too bothered they will sort it out eventually. My main concern is this weekend will be an absolute nightmare! Free xbox live weekend we will have every 12 year old and their dog online making it nigh on impossible to get on!

Good job I have work and Rugby to keep me busy!
Blackie252 18

Postby Neil H » 03 Oct 2013, 10:24

Seem's to be OK at the moment - I expect it to go belly up as soon as our friends across the pond wake up though :|
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 03 Oct 2013, 11:04

Finally managed to get past the race but when I had to do some mission a little bit after to improve my shooting I got another loading screen glitch. Now that Character is corrupted or whatever.
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Oct 2013, 11:08

The opening of the online game is appalling, they said that the 2 weeks were for us to learn how to play the game and complete the single player, so why are we forced to watch some dull cutscenes (with yet more unlikeable generic black characters!) and do some shitty tutorials for things that are pretty much self explanatary anyway (and it was a foolish idea to make us have to do it with online randoms)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby offline » 03 Oct 2013, 13:32

I managed to get on for a bit, but when I turned it off and then turned it back on it deleted all of my progress.This has happened 3 times now so I won't be playing till they sort their shit out.
offline 1

Postby s17pur » 03 Oct 2013, 13:42

The best bug I experienced was being dropped into a server, quite literally from around 20,000ft and watching helplessly as my character splatted into the tarmac. It took me around 6 attempts to get past that initial race though, now the most annoying thing is not being matched with friends or crew members and not being able to join each other in missions or servers.
s17pur 20

Postby James Franklin » 03 Oct 2013, 15:34

DHUK wrote:I just battled through.

Look at me now, $30,000 in the bank and the lofty heights of rank 8.
Oh how you all weep to behold such glory!

That's nice wish I had that kinda money when I was that low of a level but no the chill heights of level 21 whith a 230000 apartment I'm still no where close to doing anything in there so many things that are extremely expensive
James Franklin 32

Postby TurboForceXL » 03 Oct 2013, 16:11

Lol at all the complainers acting like it's so simple to get this working. No amount of planning over an infinite amount of time can possibly stop any and all problems that are bound to occur. "But I paiys 6$0 4 diz game and it brokz". No, idiot, it's having server issues. Get over it. 3 days is a lot? Shows that some people truly have no lives. First off, you can't compare full blown MMOs like Sims and Diablo to GTA V online. They were taken by surprise by the amount of sales they had and would never be able to prepare for such a flood of people on their servers!
When life gives you Lemons, make Lemonade. What? Isn't that what you do with lemons?
TurboForceXL 24

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Oct 2013, 16:14

TurboForceXL wrote:They were taken by surprise by the amount of sales they had and would never be able to prepare for such a flood of people on their servers!

One thing I will say is that there's no way that's true, the amount of coverage this had before it release, not to mention the record breaking preorders mean that they certainly knew the game was going to be popular
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby vadersmyfather » 03 Oct 2013, 16:16

TurboForceXL wrote:Lol at all the complainers acting like it's so simple to get this working. No amount of planning over an infinite amount of time can possibly stop any and all problems that are bound to occur. "But I paiys 6$0 4 diz game and it brokz". No, idiot, it's having server issues. Get over it. 3 days is a lot? Shows that some people truly have no lives. First off, you can't compare full blown MMOs like Sims and Diablo to GTA V online. They were taken by surprise by the amount of sales they had and would never be able to prepare for such a flood of people on their servers!

I think most people are accepting of a few glitches, but these problems are a tad more than that. They are essentially game breaking bugs. It's not unreasonable to expect that if you have paid for something that you get what you pay for.

Bearing in mind the fever attached to GTA I highly doubt that it's sales were a surprise to anyone in all honesty.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby FishyGinger » 03 Oct 2013, 16:22

TurboForceXL wrote:Lol at all the complainers acting like it's so simple to get this working. No amount of planning over an infinite amount of time can possibly stop any and all problems that are bound to occur. "But I paiys 6$0 4 diz game and it brokz". No, idiot, it's having server issues. Get over it. 3 days is a lot? Shows that some people truly have no lives. First off, you can't compare full blown MMOs like Sims and Diablo to GTA V online. They were taken by surprise by the amount of sales they had and would never be able to prepare for such a flood of people on their servers!

While I partially agree with the sentiment that people should relax more and it's a large game and whatnot I would like to point out that with an infinite amount of time they would be able to sort out all the problems. What with the time being infinite and all.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby Abe hikura » 03 Oct 2013, 16:50

Played it all yesterday my friend finnaly got past the tutorial and now my male character has a women's head and can't use any clothing or baber shop. have had to restart and now in the wonderful world of "launching session"
Abe hikura 51

Postby Abe hikura » 03 Oct 2013, 16:55

The bugs are fine its the sheer lunacy of putting in a multiplayer race as an tutorial that MUST be played. Perticually since they knew there was going to be issues at launch
Abe hikura 51

Next