to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

BioWare isn't sure Kinect belongs in Dragon Age on Xbox One

Your comments on our articles.

Inquisition team wants to "see how people respond" to next wave of Kinect titles

I don't know about you, but if an overfed flying, fire-breathing iguana dropped through my roof, the first thing I'd do is yell something at it. Something along the lines of: "That mantelpiece wasn't insured, Mr Dinosaur - accordingly, I now require you to batten upon the anguish that is a heavily upgraded greatsword." Please add in exclamation marks as you see fit.... read more

Postby ChaoticP » 03 Oct 2013, 17:54

Don't really think I like the sound of that. I don't want Kinect integration to be forced, but what do they mean by wait to see how players react? Are they going to ditch the idea if there aren't enough Kinect only titles racking up sales? I would prefer the decision of whether integration is added to be based on whether they actually have a good idea of what to do with it as opposed to public response; it should be up to the game designers to show people if Kinect is any good, not the other way around.
Last edited by ChaoticP on 03 Oct 2013, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoticP 52

Postby hazy33 » 03 Oct 2013, 17:55

Let's all wait until next Christmas and buy the Kinectless Xbox One Lite.
hazy33 25

Re: BioWare isn't sure Kinect belongs in Dragon Age on Xbox

Postby stee01 » 03 Oct 2013, 21:13

To be honest I am not to bothered about whether they should use kinnect or not. Aslong the game is good and fun to play like the first dragon age. I know this is off the topic slightly is the big rock dude (cant remember his name) coming back?
stee01 41

Postby Grummy » 03 Oct 2013, 21:25

hazy33 wrote:Let's all wait until next Christmas and buy the Kinectless Xbox One Lite.

Or we could buy one now and get to play all these great games and not have to wait a year because we're sulking over Kinect being present in the package.

I hope it's never taken out just to stick it to those people who are so willing to 'cut their own noses off to spite their faces'.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby dirtyvu » 03 Oct 2013, 23:17

anyone that's honestly tried Kinect in Skyrim knows how good it is...
dirtyvu 6

Postby hazy33 » 04 Oct 2013, 00:02

Grummy wrote:
hazy33 wrote:Let's all wait until next Christmas and buy the Kinectless Xbox One Lite.

Or we could buy one now and get to play all these great games and not have to wait a year because we're sulking over Kinect being present in the package.

I hope it's never taken out just to stick it to those people who are so willing to 'cut their own noses off to spite their faces'.

You might want to pay an extra £100 for something that will only be used as a microphone in the majority of games but I don't.
You want it to remain just to annoy people? That's the strongest arguement I've heard yet for its inclusion :P
hazy33 25

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Oct 2013, 00:06

hazy33 wrote:You might want to pay an extra £100 for something that will only be used as a microphone in the majority of games

£60 actually
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby hazy33 » 04 Oct 2013, 00:48

Metalrodent wrote:
hazy33 wrote:You might want to pay an extra £100 for something that will only be used as a microphone in the majority of games

£60 actually

Really? Where do you get that number from?
hazy33 25