Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Your comments on our articles.

Download it here

Battlefield 4's multiplayer beta is now freely available to all Xbox Gold subscribers. Use Bing to search for "Battlefield 4 demo" on the dash, or queue up the download here, after first shaving your head, tattooing your knuckles and adopting an appropriate air of military menace. The file's 1.56 GB in size.... read more

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby stee01 » 04 Oct 2013, 12:06

Downloaded the beta but I can't connect to EA servers :(
stee01 42
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 30 Aug 2013, 20:13

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Oct 2013, 12:06

For some reason I'm noit sure I can be bothered to download this, I dunno why, I just seem to be finding it hard to get excited for this game
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 72
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby CR33D » 05 Oct 2013, 02:14

I tried this today and it wasn't as great as i thought it would be. I'm thinking it's more of the maps fault then the games though. It was great to see the buiding fall but the map damage looked scripted like Ghosts and not what i imagined at all. I got 12 kills camping by the elevator, When the doors open i'd wait for the enemy to walk out and stab them. the guns felt better then CoDs too i'm not sure about snipers though, I got chest shots with the bolt action sniper and only got hitmarkers.

The match was dominated by vehicles i switched to the mode without vehicles and found that much better. But the spawns were bad i'd get a kill and be shot from a room that was just empty. I'll keep a eye on this but it looks like i'm going to wait for Titanfall.
Image

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 17 Jan 2013, 22:37

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Grummy » 05 Oct 2013, 04:51

CR33D wrote:I tried this today and it wasn't as great as i thought it would be. I'm thinking it's more of the maps fault then the games though. It was great to see the buiding fall but the map damage looked scripted like Ghosts and not what i imagined at all. I got 12 kills camping by the elevator, When the doors open i'd wait for the enemy to walk out and stab them. the guns felt better then CoDs too i'm not sure about snipers though, I got chest shots with the bolt action sniper and only got hitmarkers.

The match was dominated by vehicles i switched to the mode without vehicles and found that much better. But the spawns were bad i'd get a kill and be shot from a room that was just empty. I'll keep a eye on this but it looks like i'm going to wait for Titanfall.


I had some similarish issues. I thought the destruction was excellent, but it seemed to me that it was finished, all the demolished scenery seemed half done with basic colour palettes and little design, it DOES really change the face of the map though, which is good, there is huge potential for being randomly killed though as I spent more time getting shot in the back by people who happen to come around the corner at the right time than I was by people face to face. I also had problems with the game registering hits, loaded 7 or 8 bullets into one guys chest and he didn't seem to take any damage then dropped me in a couple of shots, which was strange.

Overall I very much enjoyed it but the levels with mass destruction do seem like they'd be too chaotic for good team play. Hopefully I'm wrong about that though.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9394
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby GHOSTY05 » 05 Oct 2013, 07:42

I thought the same when i first started playing it, but after playing it for 3-4 hours, i am starting to like it.

I love the little touches that allow you to alter whats happening, such as the bollards on the bridge or being able to put shutters up/down in the shopping centre.

A few bugs, glitches and issues but this was the same with the battlefield 3 beta.

Sounds are better, guns feel stronger, vehicles are now far more deadly and feel great.

Overall i quite like it. :mrgreen:

The only thing i don't like is the ponsey grenade throwing, does not look good or feel like your throwing it very far.
Image
User avatar
GHOSTY05 43
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: 06 Oct 2007, 19:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Starskream » 05 Oct 2013, 09:09

GHOSTY05 wrote:I thought the same when i first started playing it, but after playing it for 3-4 hours, i am starting to like it.

I love the little touches that allow you to alter whats happening, such as the bollards on the bridge or being able to put shutters up/down in the shopping centre.

A few bugs, glitches and issues but this was the same with the battlefield 3 beta.

Sounds are better, guns feel stronger, vehicles are now far more deadly and feel great.

Overall i quite like it. :mrgreen:

The only thing i don't like is the ponsey grenade throwing, does not look good or feel like your throwing it very far.


lol the grenades feel like your soldier is in fact a 7 year girl with an arthritic elbow feebly lobbing the grenades they are so pathetic. Other than that the game does handle quite well but more times than enough I die from what seems like very strange situations where i empty 3/4 of a clip for my assault rifle into someones head only to be killed by 1 bullet from an SMG.

The map is also too big for 24 players on conquest and on Domination its a noob tube fest where you constantly die from every angle. The number of other little bugs (in a build which they say is only a month old) is quite shocking as well and I hope they have them sorted before its Xbox One release as I wont be buying it on 360 as well.
Starskream 42
 
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jun 2013, 21:08

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby fracturedrich » 05 Oct 2013, 14:14

I have just paid for the xbox one version of this game in full,so am i going to regret this or what.
fracturedrich 48
 
Posts: 982
Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 10:52
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Grummy » 05 Oct 2013, 18:04

GHOSTY05 wrote:I thought the same when i first started playing it, but after playing it for 3-4 hours, i am starting to like it.

I love the little touches that allow you to alter whats happening, such as the bollards on the bridge or being able to put shutters up/down in the shopping centre.

A few bugs, glitches and issues but this was the same with the battlefield 3 beta.

Sounds are better, guns feel stronger, vehicles are now far more deadly and feel great.

Overall i quite like it. :mrgreen:

The only thing i don't like is the ponsey grenade throwing, does not look good or feel like your throwing it very far.


re:Grenades, I can't seem to cook them, which is pain in the nads at times. I've played both maps a couple of times now and so far I'd say the domination map is much better than the CQ map, I certainly had a lot more fun on it anyway. I feel much happier about this issues I've faced in the beta now too, I know that they're there but they're not ruining the fun, so I feel sure the game will be excellent once its released and those issues are ironed out.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9394
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby J288gto » 05 Oct 2013, 19:05

Lag is affecting a lot of the gameplay so don't be too worried about hit detection until the game comes out. The new knife kills are great, been able to counter two of them without too much bother. The ability to dive is handy for capturing a particular flag while underwater and the bigger squads/more spawns are a match-saver.

The 360 version is lacking in terms of levels of damage, cover, number of vehicles and general awesomeness so bear that in mind - the One version should be a hundred times better (the PC version I'm judging it on is well nice).

As for the actual matches I've been in - tanks have zero armour and the Scout heli has a little too much (it can bounce off buildings now). The tanks are a bit of a headache, I have not found out how to tell when the shells are running low or have run out. You could end up reloading when you need a shell the most so don't waste them. The HUD has indicators which count in the centre but what they mean idk?

Weapons are pretty good, burst fire is the way to go as usual and the new sniper rifles seem to be quite easy to use having very little bullet drop.

The inclusion of lifts in a few (find them!) buildings is great for snipers and general "jumping off of stuff" but provide an extra way to get to flag locations. Walking out of a lift with your eyes closed is not recommended - come out all guns blazing. The bollards are handy to either ambush tanks, slow them down and to piss people off! Note that that IFVs can almost jump them without stopping but take damage in the process.

As for the rest of the map, on PC you can see how handy the boats will be when we get the full map on the Xbox One. The map looks great as promised even on 360. Once the building comes down though that prettiness is hidden under a brown layer of dust unfortunately.

The controls are another pain but once you get as close to what you are used to they are fine. I have my vehicle buttons on Veteran (BF3-like) and my heli sticks on Southpaw which helps. I had to disable the Battlelog (select) button as I was pressing it to spot instead of R8 and getting myself killed. :(

That is all for now...
J288gto 32
 
Posts: 125
Joined: 20 Jun 2013, 11:03

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Grummy » 05 Oct 2013, 19:14

Speaking of that, anybody know which button is used for spotting on 360, I haven't worked it out yet.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
User avatar
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 9394
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 19:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Hughdude » 05 Oct 2013, 20:54

It's tap RB I believe, holding it down brings up the "chat" menu.

In regards to tanks, you start with 1/4, in total 5 shots. When you fire, a little bar in the bottom right of the screen starts filling up, but it takes quite a while, ten to fifteen seconds, and when it's full you get back one of your five shots if you've fired it, so you really need to pace your shots correctly.

Scout choppers are amazing, managed to get a massive kill streak with one earlier, over all love the beta.
Hughdude 46
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 15:38
Location: Ireland

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Tristram Wake » 09 Oct 2013, 04:36

Bringing down skyscrapers is not next gen enhancements it's a game attribute that was in Bad Company 2 wasn't properly used in BF3 but now has been brought back to it's mayhem like fun.
Tristram Wake 1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Oct 2013, 04:34

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby Metalrodent » 09 Oct 2013, 07:39

Tristram Wake wrote:Bringing down skyscrapers is not next gen enhancements it's a game attribute that was in Bad Company 2 wasn't properly used in BF3 but now has been brought back to it's mayhem like fun.

Sure the skyscraper was fun when it came down, but I still would not compare it to BC2, in that almost every building could be levelled, or at least severely depleted - whereas my experience from this beta is that that skyscraper is the only building in the level to be damaged - asides from that all I found to destroy were some low walls and windows
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 72
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 beta is now open to everybody

Postby CR33D » 09 Oct 2013, 23:52

Metalrodent wrote:
Tristram Wake wrote:Bringing down skyscrapers is not next gen enhancements it's a game attribute that was in Bad Company 2 wasn't properly used in BF3 but now has been brought back to it's mayhem like fun.

Sure the skyscraper was fun when it came down, but I still would not compare it to BC2, in that almost every building could be levelled, or at least severely depleted - whereas my experience from this beta is that that skyscraper is the only building in the level to be damaged - asides from that all I found to destroy were some low walls and windows


When i first started the Beta up i through a grenade at a wall and it did nothing, It's not what i thought it would be like. All i found was a few stone statues to blow up and a few wall to put holes in. The building was fun to blow up but scripted. And every match i found everyone was trying to blow it up. When it was more fun standing. I'm hoping it's because it's Beta or the map because it isn't that great.

With Ghosts adding it to their maps there really isn't a difference. (It looks like you can do more in Ghosts but just not as big as the dam or the buiding)
Image

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 17 Jan 2013, 22:37


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]
cron