to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Current gen only: the six most promising Xbox 360 games of 2

Your comments on our articles.

Is there life after Xbox One? Yes, yes there is

Is 22nd November the end of the road for Xbox 360? It's a question we've asked/been asked before, and the answer remains a firm and Lancelot-esque "nay!" A fair few next generation games will also show up on current generation consoles, minus a sparkly texture or two, and there's a modest selection of current gen-only releases on the cards for next year, including the exclusive Fable Anniversary.... read more

Current gen only: the six most promising Xbox 360 games of 2

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 04 Oct 2013, 18:38

Castlevania is my most wanted. The trailer from Gamescom where at the end it introduces a new character made me squeal with delight.
Johnbhoy69 54

Re: Current gen only: the six most promising Xbox 360 games

Postby OXM ETboy » 04 Oct 2013, 18:44

That's probably my second pick, after DS2. Can't fault it so far.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 04 Oct 2013, 18:46

I've pre-ordered the Castlevania LoS Collection for PS3 on Amazon and it has a demo for LoS 2 included. :D
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
msbhvn 69

Postby OXM ETboy » 04 Oct 2013, 18:46

You not played the original Lords of Shadow yet, then? You're in for a great few dozen hours, there.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby msbhvn » 04 Oct 2013, 18:52

I bought Lords of Shadow for 360 on launch day and even played the DLC for my sins. I bought the Collection for Mirror of Fate HD and the exclusive demo, and to satisfy my weird compulsion to play the same game on different systems. :oops:
Massively Multiplatform since ever, fanboys!
msbhvn 69

Postby ChaoticP » 04 Oct 2013, 19:18

I completely forgot about Warface, looks like it might be pretty fun. Lord of Shadows 2 looks like it will be great, have yet to play the first one though.
ChaoticP 52

Postby schwepterbrowser » 05 Oct 2013, 12:17

Just Dark Souls II for me, then I think I'll lay my 360 to rest. :cry:
schwepterbrowser 56

Postby dfused » 06 Oct 2013, 12:08

there are so many games I have but haven't started to play yet on my 360, especially since the games for gold thing started.. and I have GTA V now.. and i'm getting the xbox one in december.. it pains me to say this but I just dont think I have time for any new 360 games. :(
One and a half years have passed.. yet I'm still angry that my girlfriend wouldn't let me name our son Sonic
dfused 50

Postby usernameistaken1 » 13 Oct 2013, 22:02

i just want more exclusives none of these games excite me
i won't be a rockstar i will be a legend freddie motherf****ing mercury
usernameistaken1 34

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Oct 2013, 07:33

usernameistaken1 wrote:i just want more exclusives none of these games excite me

You're unlikely to get any more exclusives on the 360 now. Those things cost money and it would be fairly pointless for a as to spend that money on a console on its way out when spending it on the One would create more of an advantage over Sony
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby usernameistaken1 » 14 Oct 2013, 08:49

CunningSmile wrote:
usernameistaken1 wrote:i just want more exclusives none of these games excite me

You're unlikely to get any more exclusives on the 360 now. Those things cost money and it would be fairly pointless for a as to spend that money on a console on its way out when spending it on the One would create more of an advantage over Sony

i would love for xbox one to get a upper hand on sony but this generation they screwed themselves they can't come back they're specs are crap compared to ps4 the only reason i want to eventually get one is because it will go down 100 dollars and titanfall but nobody can say they aren't disappointed a little bit with the xbox one or a lot ps4 has announced 30 exclusives and probably more to come xbox one has 13 and not that many more to come so for a company worth 70 some billion dollars it's hard to make more exclusives i find that hard to believe
usernameistaken1 34

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Oct 2013, 09:02

Not sure where that came from since I was commenting on the business sense or lack there of in paying for exclusives on an old console, but fair enough. As for the next gen I can't think of a single exclusive I want from the PS4, and from the list on Wiki most of them seem to be smaller indie games so not really the thing thats going to 'win'.

As for specs, the PS3 on paper was better than the 360 yet I never really noticed a difference and most developers have said that they preferred developing for the 360. Add to that John "More Powerful Means Better" Carmack of ID software has said that there is no real difference between the PS4 and One as far as he can see and I don't really think MS are going to be quaking in their boots.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby lfcgorsty » 14 Oct 2013, 10:04

There are only 2 games I'm keeping my Xbox 360 around for (GTA notwithstanding), Arkham Origins and South Park - The Stick of Truth, its a shame they're not releasing next-gen versions of those games and my 360 could be adopted by my brother
lfcgorsty 23

Postby Fenchurch » 14 Oct 2013, 14:05

I see myself keeping my 360 for at least a year after the XO release. I still have many games to finish and some that I've not even started. As far as buying new games goes, BF4 will most likely be my last on the 360 and I'll work on my backlog after that.

Plus I don't have a TV licence, all my TV is watched on demand, about 50% of which is on my 360. With reports that the TV side of things on the XO won't be properly functioning till later down the road that gives me even more reason to hold off buying one for a while.
Not the clothing brand...
Fenchurch 32

Postby usernameistaken1 » 15 Oct 2013, 00:51

CunningSmile wrote:Not sure where that came from since I was commenting on the business sense or lack there of in paying for exclusives on an old console, but fair enough. As for the next gen I can't think of a single exclusive I want from the PS4, and from the list on Wiki most of them seem to be smaller indie games so not really the thing thats going to 'win'.

As for specs, the PS3 on paper was better than the 360 yet I never really noticed a difference and most developers have said that they preferred developing for the 360. Add to that John "More Powerful Means Better" Carmack of ID software has said that there is no real difference between the PS4 and One as far as he can see and I don't really think MS are going to be quaking in their boots.

yeah sorry went off on a rant their it's just i had just read a xbox one artice about them possibly not being able to ever reach 1080p but i do still believe they definately would benefit from making some more exclusives if it is good they will make their money back
usernameistaken1 34

Next