to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Conker's Bad Fur Day - revisiting the cuter, filthier Rare o

Your comments on our articles.

Craig Owens replays Live and Reloaded, the least family-friendly platformer ever

It was a brilliant pitch. Fresh from its divorce from Nintendo, Rare, the newest member of the Microsoft family, would toast its new marriage by re-releasing one of its best-loved games in a new, improved form.... read more

Conker's Bad Fur Day - revisiting the cuter, filthier Rare o

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Oct 2013, 11:01

That D Day level looks amazing :lol: Who'd a thunk a serious war parody with squirrels would work so well.

Sad to hear MS censored it though, for the company that allowed Manhunt to be released on their machine it's odd that they wouldn't want a squirrel swearing
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re: Conker's Bad Fur Day - revisiting the cuter, filthier Ra

Postby bamozzy » 06 Oct 2013, 21:43

Loved Bad Fur day on the N64 and was so chuffed to get it on the xbox - loved the new humour too as it wasn't exactly a port from the N64 version but had been re-done. To me it was the last of the great Rare games and looking back at the games I ould like to see make a come-back - the majority were Rare - Blast Corps, Conker (obviously) Jet Force Gemini....) Compared to the games and the quality of there N64 title - I really feel Rare have not delivered for Microsoft.... (Although I do suspect Microsoft themselves may be responsible for limiting Rares creativity and genius)
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Oct 2013, 09:35

bamozzy wrote:Loved Bad Fur day on the N64 and was so chuffed to get it on the xbox - loved the new humour too as it wasn't exactly a port from the N64 version but had been re-done. To me it was the last of the great Rare games and looking back at the games I ould like to see make a come-back - the majority were Rare - Blast Corps, Conker (obviously) Jet Force Gemini....) Compared to the games and the quality of there N64 title - I really feel Rare have not delivered for Microsoft.... (Although I do suspect Microsoft themselves may be responsible for limiting Rares creativity and genius)

Agree entirely that redoing Conker rather than just porting was a good idea, made it feel fresher. Particularly loved the fourth wall breaking jokes acknowledging he'd been through this before.

Please give us more
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 07 Oct 2013, 11:03

Never played the N64 one but had heard amazing things so when it released for xbox I snapped it up right away. Not many games have made me laugh as much as it did. Granted I was a lot younger and perhaps more immature but it was just a pleasure to play. I had really hoped for more from Rare on xbox 360 but they've been a real let down so far. Not that what they've done hasn't been ok but they could've done so much more if they hadn't been forced to avatars and kinnect. Their back catalogue is unreal
ItchyRash 42

Postby CadX » 09 Oct 2013, 22:53

I absolutely loved this game - both on N64 and 360 - if I remember correctly when you complete the game you can enable potty mouth for the story mode, not 100% on that though. I don't know if any of you played the multiplayer on the N64, but some of those mini games were top notch if you was with a group of friends, my favourite being the Nazi Teddiez sniping or bazooka-ing the 'Frenchies' would had to escape from the prison camp to the safety zone, with 2 of you being the Teddiez and the other 2 the Frenchies, brilliant!
CadX 20