GTA Online bugs - Rockstar to fix lost progress, cash and de

Your comments on our articles.

Proceed with caution when receiving warnings saying servers are unavailable

I don't know about you, but I find Monday morning blues are more than tripled after a weekend spent under the Los Santos sun running amok with a few good friends. If you dabbled in a spot of GTA Online over the weekend, however, you or someone you know may have fallen prey to a new bug that causes players to lose their online character and all their hard-earned progress. If that's the case, don't despair - Rockstar wants you to know that it's working on a fix.... read more

GTA Online bugs - Rockstar to fix lost progress, cash and de

Postby Thos. » 07 Oct 2013, 10:03

Interesting aside; GTA must really hammer the system as I started getting frequent shutdowns due to overheating (two flashing reds). I gave the console (including inside the open disc drive) AND the powerbrick a really good hoovering and it hasn't happened since.
Thos. 46

Re: GTA Online bugs - Rockstar to fix lost progress, cash an

Postby danhalen74 » 07 Oct 2013, 10:23

yep I've suffered from this, level 20, lots of missions complete, garage bought and a marvellous time had getting that far. tried to get on yesterday and my characters gone, im level 0 yet strangely ive still got my cash. not playing the online until its restored/fixed or i may give it a swerve all together as its pretty broken at the moment and i foresee more issues. i cant be arsed to start again
I play video games, ride motorbikes and sing the blues.

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
danhalen74 50

Postby schwepterbrowser » 07 Oct 2013, 10:28

I've lost 3 characters now and only ever been able to make it past the tutorial. Hope they get it sorted soon.
schwepterbrowser 57

Postby Insufferablee » 07 Oct 2013, 10:39

Thos. wrote:Interesting aside; GTA must really hammer the system as I started getting frequent shutdowns due to overheating (two flashing reds). I gave the console (including inside the open disc drive) AND the powerbrick a really good hoovering and it hasn't happened since.

You're not wrong, after a couple of my longer sessions in Los Santos I reckon I could fry an egg on my xbox!

When I tried to load the game on Saturday I got the 'disc unreadable' message three times in a row - panic!!! Opened / closed the drive a few times and fortunately it started working - have now installed it to be safe. No visible damage to the disc surface other than a kind of clear-oil-on-water shaped discolouration... could've been there already though I don't spend much time inspecting the bottom of discs before playing them.
Insufferablee 2

Postby danhalen74 » 07 Oct 2013, 10:44

Insufferablee wrote:
Thos. wrote:Interesting aside; GTA must really hammer the system as I started getting frequent shutdowns due to overheating (two flashing reds). I gave the console (including inside the open disc drive) AND the powerbrick a really good hoovering and it hasn't happened since.

You're not wrong, after a couple of my longer sessions in Los Santos I reckon I could fry an egg on my xbox!

When I tried to load the game on Saturday I got the 'disc unreadable' message three times in a row - panic!!! Opened / closed the drive a few times and fortunately it started working - have now installed it to be safe. No visible damage to the disc surface other than a kind of clear-oil-on-water shaped discolouration... could've been there already though I don't spend much time inspecting the bottom of discs before playing them.

ah. ive had that unrecognized shizzle going on since day one with this, a few eject/inserts and it works in the end. im an old bugger but i really do miss the days of buying games that worked out of the box...im kinda bored with it really. either they make it work or im trading it in whilst i can still some money back for it. shame as its great on the few occasions it works properly.

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
danhalen74 50

Postby CunningSmile » 07 Oct 2013, 10:50

I don't even own GTA5 and I've had problems! Most of the weekend I was having trouble accessing XBL, and various media Apps kept kicking me out. I'm guessing it's the added traffic from the free weekend, but it's very annoying when you start to have trouble because of a game you aren't even playing.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Neil H » 07 Oct 2013, 10:56

Thankfully since the patch dropped, its been all good for me - was having a nightmare before though!
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby danhalen74 » 07 Oct 2013, 11:20

Neil H wrote:Thankfully since the patch dropped, its been all good for me - was having a nightmare before though!

mate mine was running like a dream, so beware.....

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
danhalen74 50

Postby Neil H » 07 Oct 2013, 11:31

danhalen74 wrote:
Neil H wrote:Thankfully since the patch dropped, its been all good for me - was having a nightmare before though!

mate mine was running like a dream, so beware.....

Yeah, its a real pain mate. I've just kind of accepted that my character could disappear at any point to avoid any misery

Just checked my character now though and he's still there, so i'll hope for the best :o
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby grynshock » 07 Oct 2013, 12:58

Insufferablee wrote:

Interesting indeed, gave mine a real good hoovering too as it started sounding like the original model last night, thought it was either taking off or preparing to explode... Not had any red lights yet, fingers crossed!

danhalen74 wrote:ah. ive had that unrecognized shizzle going on since day one with this, a few eject/inserts and it works in the end. im an old bugger but i really do miss the days of buying games that worked out of the box...im kinda bored with it really. either they make it work or im trading it in whilst i can still some money back for it. shame as its great on the few occasions it works properly.

Seem to remember that there was a 'bad' batch of discs out on release that R* were willing to exchange.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
grynshock 24

Postby LethalBuddha » 07 Oct 2013, 13:58

All being well, we could be enjoying a danger-free Los Santos in just a few days.

Los santos will never be danger-free while I'm about. :twisted:
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby White Xian IV » 07 Oct 2013, 14:43

"Please do NOT use the "Retry" button after receiving the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable" as this may result in loss of character data.
Well I guess that explains alot :( lol
- Respect even those who you do not fear -
White Xian IV 31

Postby HeRo Of MoJoJo » 07 Oct 2013, 23:19

since the update i've had no problems unlike some of my friends who are still losing characters and apartments.
HeRo Of MoJoJo 6

Postby patster24 » 08 Oct 2013, 07:55

Lost my character some days ago :(
Now I can't decide if I should start a new character or wait until the next patch is released :?:
patster24 23

Postby danhalen74 » 08 Oct 2013, 09:16

im giving this game a wide berth til its patched again. its a mongolian clusterfuck of epic proportions

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
danhalen74 50