to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lose y

Your comments on our articles.

Developer still "working on a permanent fix for these issues"

I think I've cracked the GTA Online Bugs Conspiracy, everybody. It can only be another of Rockstar's fourth-wall-breaking jokes. GTA 5's online component hasn't really launched in an intermittently unplayable state, you sillies - the developer's just parodying Call of Duty and Battlefield, heavyweight multiplayer franchises that seldom quit the starting blocks without a wobble. We're all part of a grand satirical experiment, my friends! Why aren't you laughing? Why?... read more

GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lose y

Postby danhalen74 » 08 Oct 2013, 12:44

completely unplayable as its broken. bored of the whole shitstorm.... whens Arkham Origins out anyways?
I play video games, ride motorbikes and sing the blues.

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
User avatar
danhalen74 47
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 13:04
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Oct 2013, 13:00

danhalen74 wrote:completely unplayable as its broken. bored of the whole shitstorm.... whens Arkham Origins out anyways?


25th October. Only a couple of weeks to go :)
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10993
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby danhalen74 » 08 Oct 2013, 13:20

CunningSmile wrote:
danhalen74 wrote:completely unplayable as its broken. bored of the whole shitstorm.... whens Arkham Origins out anyways?


25th October. Only a couple of weeks to go :)



excellent. playable out of the box too i bet! ;-)
I play video games, ride motorbikes and sing the blues.

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
User avatar
danhalen74 47
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 13:04
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby battfink83 » 08 Oct 2013, 14:47

Cant wait till the onljne is running fine, as when its not buggy its amazing fun. Throughly loving it, to the point of considering holding off my xbox one purchase. Finally a mp element to a game that has a feeling of purpose to it and great co op, both in missions and a creative free mode session
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby ItchyRash » 08 Oct 2013, 15:03

battfink83 wrote:Cant wait till the onljne is running fine, as when its not buggy its amazing fun. Throughly loving it, to the point of considering holding off my xbox one purchase. Finally a mp element to a game that has a feeling of purpose to it and great co op, both in missions and a creative free mode session


I finally got online a couple of days ago and since then i've had great fun. Looking forward to the heists. A lot of friends are still having issues whith characters corrupting forcing them to do the tutorial over and over and over. Not being able to join friend until after they've got up to the 1st death match. It's a really poor way to start the multiplayer off and very frustrating for people having to do it more than once
ItchyRash 43
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 16:27
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby battfink83 » 08 Oct 2013, 15:17

ItchyRash wrote:
battfink83 wrote:Cant wait till the onljne is running fine, as when its not buggy its amazing fun. Throughly loving it, to the point of considering holding off my xbox one purchase. Finally a mp element to a game that has a feeling of purpose to it and great co op, both in missions and a creative free mode session


I finally got online a couple of days ago and since then i've had great fun. Looking forward to the heists. A lot of friends are still having issues whith characters corrupting forcing them to do the tutorial over and over and over. Not being able to join friend until after they've got up to the 1st death match. It's a really poor way to start the multiplayer off and very frustrating for people having to do it more than once


It took me 4 hours to get passed the intro......
Since then its been plain sailing thank god. I know people are seriously dissapointed, and they have every right to be, but im being a bit more lenient about it.
I mean, rockstar have never let me down before, every release has lived up to my expectations, been a huge fan since lemmings too lol.
After all the year's of quality games giving me so much fun im willing to let them off with this huge cock up. Next time though rockstar im pulling out the frying pan.....
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby ItchyRash » 08 Oct 2013, 15:40

battfink83 wrote:It took me 4 hours to get passed the intro......
Since then its been plain sailing thank god. I know people are seriously dissapointed, and they have every right to be, but im being a bit more lenient about it.
I mean, rockstar have never let me down before, every release has lived up to my expectations, been a huge fan since lemmings too lol.
After all the year's of quality games giving me so much fun I'm willing to let them off with this huge cock up. Next time though rockstar I'm pulling out the frying pan.....


Yeah I can certainly see why people are frustrated. I was frustrated myself during the tutorial and I only had to do it once. But I agree, I'm happy to give Rockstar the benefit of the doubt and a bit of leniency . They've created a wonderful game world for single player and it's going to be a lot of fun once the multiplayer is sorted. I'll give them time to sort it, I just hope my mates do as well
ItchyRash 43
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 16:27
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby danhalen74 » 08 Oct 2013, 16:57

hey dont get me wrong its an awesome game, thats why i sunk my week off into playing the online last week. hit level 20, loads of cash, been racing everything you can with mates etc. its brilliant. but when you cant play it as your character is 'lost' etc you might find your enthusiasm for it wains somewhat.... good luck if you're playing it whilst its still buggy as f**k.
I play video games, ride motorbikes and sing the blues.

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
User avatar
danhalen74 47
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 13:04
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby battfink83 » 09 Oct 2013, 11:04

danhalen74 wrote:hey dont get me wrong its an awesome game, thats why i sunk my week off into playing the online last week. hit level 20, loads of cash, been racing everything you can with mates etc. its brilliant. but when you cant play it as your character is 'lost' etc you might find your enthusiasm for it wains somewhat.... good luck if you're playing it whilst its still buggy as f**k.

Definitely, at least now they have given us preventative measures to make sure we get our characters back
User avatar
battfink83 52
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 00:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: GTA Online bugs - don't create a new character if you lo

Postby mackered » 09 Oct 2013, 11:18

An Air Force full of planes later and I've finally finished all the single player stuff including close shave. I've saved my last save file on two memory sticks, the cloud and two xboxes.

NOW I'm ready to tackle the character breaking, money losing, multiplayer. (I've even managed to successfully store a fighter jet after I don't know how many tries!).
My wife said I never listen to her, least that's what I think she said.
User avatar
mackered 56
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 11:08
Location: United Kingdom


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]