Irrational will only make another Bioshock if there's "an id

Your comments on our articles.

"If we don't have that, I suspect it would be another studio making one, if there was one to make."

Hey, guy/girl on the internet who keeps creating 'compromising' pictures of Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. What you do in your own time is your business, alright, but Bioshock creator Ken Levine wants you to stop it. Seriously, you're killing him: "It's like coming across a picture of your daughter. I die a little inside with every page view."... read more

Irrational will only make another Bioshock if there's "an id

Postby msbhvn » 09 Oct 2013, 10:30

Hopefully Burial at Sea will mark a return to form for BioShock. I deeply disliked the story of Infinite, especially the end, and thought it was pretentious self-indulgent faux-intellectual twaddle. Yes, I'm being a little harsh, but I expected better.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Re: Irrational will only make another Bioshock if there's "a

Postby Skipstream » 09 Oct 2013, 10:55

msbhvn wrote:Hopefully Burial at Sea will mark a return to form for BioShock. I deeply disliked the story of Infinite, especially the end, and thought it was pretentious self-indulgent faux-intellectual twaddle. Yes, I'm being a little harsh, but I expected better.

I agree - loved the first one. This last one I've not even completed yet - got about halfway and just got bored of the continual run and gun experience. The story didn't capture me either. I will have to return and complete it sometime though.
Skipstream 52

Postby EdDeRs1 » 09 Oct 2013, 11:32

msbhvn wrote:Hopefully Burial at Sea will mark a return to form for BioShock. I deeply disliked the story of Infinite, especially the end, and thought it was pretentious self-indulgent faux-intellectual twaddle. Yes, I'm being a little harsh, but I expected better.

totally agree, admittedly I was pretty tired as I had blitzed through the game in 1 day (don't ask me how I did it) but the universe hopping shit made no seance to me anyway, it was a great twist that was ruined by its implementation, I'm fine with maybe jumping to one other world, two at most, but when by the end it was just irritating, and would be seriously out of place in modern Doctor Who and DC Comics (seriously, those guys love jumping between universes)
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby SilentDark » 09 Oct 2013, 13:57

"It's like coming across a picture of your daughter. I die a little inside with every page view."

Why exactly do you go looking for it Ken? That said if you weren't aware of rule 34 you are far too naive for the internet.
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 67