to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Hands-on with the Xbox One: OXM's community night highlights

Your comments on our articles.

Plus: how many camera-shy staffers can you spot?

We work hard here at OXM. Thankfully, we play hard too, and when we play hard, we like to eat pizza, drink beer, and play some good games with some good people.... read more

Hands-on with the Xbox One: OXM's community night highlights

Postby PCG The_B » 09 Oct 2013, 15:07

As an aside: I'm presuming this is the last time we'll see that ident at the start? I'm going to strangely miss that "wooohhmmmpph" at the start of the videos myself.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Re: Hands-on with the Xbox One: OXM's community night highli

Postby msbhvn » 09 Oct 2013, 15:32

Ah, my claim to fame at last. I'm standing to the left of the shot while Aoife is doing her introduction. There are quick flashes of me playing Killer Instinct and chatting with Ed.

If you're wondering why I'm not in the interviews, it's because I kept running away! :lol:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Grummy » 09 Oct 2013, 21:37

msbhvn wrote:Ah, my claim to fame at last. I'm standing to the left of the shot while Aoife is doing her introduction. There are quick flashes of me playing Killer Instinct and chatting with Ed.

If you're wondering why I'm not in the interviews, it's because I kept running away! :lol:

The bald guy deliberately not looking at the camera?
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby msbhvn » 09 Oct 2013, 21:46

I was watching a guy play Ryse. I hadn't seen the camera at that point.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby Grummy » 09 Oct 2013, 21:48

msbhvn wrote:I was watching a guy play Ryse. I hadn't seen the camera at that point.

Mwahahahahaha, we know what you look like now, I found the clip of you talking to Big Ed.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Aphasial » 09 Oct 2013, 21:49

I enjoyed that and I'm glad everyone there had fun :)

'These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me.'
Jayne Cobb, Firefly
Aphasial 22

Postby The Cherokee » 09 Oct 2013, 22:28

Rise is a day one purchase for me, never had any doubts.
The Cherokee 7

Postby The Cherokee » 09 Oct 2013, 22:41

One more thing, no media outlet is more deserving of being allowed to hold 12 XBO's for her readers to try out, OXM has the best and most complete Xbox coverage, and that goes for OXM UK only, OXM US sucks.
The Cherokee 7

Postby TronZler » 09 Oct 2013, 23:10

Don't know what OXM US is like,but definatly agree with the rest of what you said Cherokee,as i just had a quick look here in bed lol An its just to post in the same sentiment as yourself.

I saw the article back when they were giving readers the chance to attend this event,and although i couldn't enter,i thought at the time that was a great thing they were doing. I don't know if they do these types of things often as i've only posted here infrequently for a little while now,it's also the only Magazine site that i've took part posting in before and in relation of this i'm just gona say why.

First of all i'd just add i've no idea how i come across myself to others here,but i havn't got anything but good things to say about my time viewing an posting here. I think OXM are great at providing us a whole days various articles every single day to read. Then when they are off for the weekend,Ben kindly fills us with news all weekend too. I also think the way the OXM team communicate and interact with the people who post here is first class also.
On that note,although i am still finding my feet as in not knowing people here,i also think that the majority of people who post here are good to read and communicate with also. An even if we don't agree on things,it seems to me anyway we can at least talk in a mature way about it,and its possibly down to OXM aswell and how they integrate that the majority of people post here is as pleasant as it is. At least thats what i found so far.

Apart from random "your all noobs" posts lol Or OXM being accused being paid to say things its pretty civilised,with a decent sense of humour mixed although,Ed's piece on Titan Debra i thought was a brilliant read,i'm dodging adding a comment there as i could add inuendos which go to far lol

Anyway,this aint a suck up,i just wanted to add my own sentiment like Cherokee as i just think if praise is due,why not say it,i just say what i think an OXM an this site are top notch for me.

Bedtime now,see ya's whenever :wink:
TronZler 23

Postby golliwoza » 09 Oct 2013, 23:30

msbhvn wrote:Ah, my claim to fame at last. I'm standing to the left of the shot while Aoife is doing her introduction. There are quick flashes of me playing Killer Instinct and chatting with Ed.

Nice to finally put a face to the guy who keeps beating 7 shades out of me each night :lol:

Not looked too much into the Xbox One aside from E3 and a couple of titbits but I am starting to get really excited for November 22nd now.
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
golliwoza 56

Postby OXM Aoife » 09 Oct 2013, 23:31

TronZler wrote:Don't know what OXM US is like,but definatly agree with the rest of what you said Cherokee,as i just had a quick look here in bed lol An its just to post in the same sentiment as yourself.

I saw the article back when they were giving readers the chance to attend this event,and although i couldn't enter,i thought at the time that was a great thing they were doing. I don't know if they do these types of things often as i've only posted here infrequently for a little while now,it's also the only Magazine site that i've took part posting in before and in relation of this i'm just gona say why.

First of all i'd just add i've no idea how i come across myself to others here,but i havn't got anything but good things to say about my time viewing an posting here. I think OXM are great at providing us a whole days various articles every single day to read. Then when they are off for the weekend,Ben kindly fills us with news all weekend too. I also think the way the OXM team communicate and interact with the people who post here is first class also.
On that note,although i am still finding my feet as in not knowing people here,i also think that the majority of people who post here are good to read and communicate with also. An even if we don't agree on things,it seems to me anyway we can at least talk in a mature way about it,and its possibly down to OXM aswell and how they integrate that the majority of people post here is as pleasant as it is. At least thats what i found so far.

Apart from random "your all noobs" posts lol Or OXM being accused being paid to say things its pretty civilised,with a decent sense of humour mixed although,Ed's piece on Titan Debra i thought was a brilliant read,i'm dodging adding a comment there as i could add inuendos which go to far lol

Anyway,this aint a suck up,i just wanted to add my own sentiment like Cherokee as i just think if praise is due,why not say it,i just say what i think an OXM an this site are top notch for me.

Bedtime now,see ya's whenever :wink:

Thank you sir, for your lovely kind words; we're pretty lucky to have such a great community round these parts. I'm breaking out my new favourite gif to celebrate:

Obviously, Ed's the leader in the middle there. Dibs being the one on the right in the purple dungarees.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby PCG The_B » 10 Oct 2013, 00:25

OXM Aoife wrote:Obviously, Ed's the leader in the middle there. Dibs being the one on the right in the purple dungarees.

There's no way I could bust out that sick grab* the kid in the back is pulling off so I must be the one looking like he's trying to stay upright on the left.

And thanks ever so much for the lovely words from me too, TronZler!

(*All trick "knowledge" is from Tony Hawks and SSX games and I make no promises I'm right, accurate or even sound like anything except one of those older people trying to be hip and down with the kids and failing miserably.)
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Filipus » 10 Oct 2013, 02:45

I love this magazine community. Lalalalala
Filipus 25

Postby CunningSmile » 10 Oct 2013, 08:10

Ah feel the love :mrgreen:
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 10 Oct 2013, 08:20

Congrats to all you lucky comp winners, glad you had a good time

Not that I even knew about the comp fancy opening a comp during the day on monday when so many are busy grumble grubmle grudblyyywoo xD
Last edited by Metalrodent on 10 Oct 2013, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Next