to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

XCOM: Enemy Within hands-on - UFO fanboys get their just des

Your comments on our articles.

Tangling with the Exalt, Enemy Within's new enemy faction

Enemy Within might be fundamentally the same game as last year's ultra-paranoid strategy endeavour, but much like the soldiers at your disposal, it's been treated to some delightful augmentations - a recurved cyber leg here, a heavily engineered DNA strand there, plus a thick dusting of new maps and weapons.... read more

XCOM: Enemy Within hands-on - UFO fanboys get their just des

Postby Pal Gill » 10 Oct 2013, 10:12

Just to confirm, is this X-Com Enemy Unknown with extras or is this a standalone release? I loved Enemy Unknown and wanted to know if this is a sequel
Pal Gill 32

Re: XCOM: Enemy Within hands-on - UFO fanboys get their just

Postby SkinnerChinner » 10 Oct 2013, 10:56

Pal Gill wrote:Just to confirm, is this X-Com Enemy Unknown with extras or is this a standalone release? I loved Enemy Unknown and wanted to know if this is a sequel

If you're playing on PC. you can purchase as DLC - for consoles however, it's a full standalone release with the 'updated' game (i.e. Enemy Within content) & all previous DLC. If you want to be able to play Enemy Unknow, my understanding is you'll need to keep hold of it. Anada Gupta said in an interview somewhere it's to do with the file size which means it can't be released as DLC on consoles, which is unsuprising.

Can't wait for the game! :D Was expecting a successor to the 'Cult of Sirus' & looks like the new stuff we know about has been well implemented (although, I can see myself getting pretty irate with those EXALT medics!).
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby silent alchemist » 16 Oct 2013, 13:42

Is this the dlc that was cancelled for enemy unknown I know that they said no more dlc for unknown because the first dlc did not sell well.
silent alchemist 36

Postby Stuart Grigg » 05 Nov 2013, 22:30

Can't wait for this! Enemy Unknown was amazingly fun and interesting. Here's hoping I can keep all the member nations happy this time, Australia abandoned the fight last time and will never be forgiven!
Fool of a TOOK!
Stuart Grigg 18