to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Wolf Among Us

Your comments on our articles.

What's the score, Mr Wolf?

Just like the excellent Eisner award-winning comic book series which gave it life, Telltale's The Wolf Among Us opens with a murder mystery. The game takes place within a community of misplaced fairytale characters, or Fables, trying to get by in our world after being run out of their own by an entity known only as The Adversary.... read more

The Wolf Among Us

Postby davem64 » 12 Oct 2013, 01:10

Game of the month
davem64 1

Re: The Wolf Among Us

Postby fracturedrich » 12 Oct 2013, 14:59

davem64 wrote:Game of the month

Wow,mighty big words considering whats on offer this fine October,glad to hear them as i purchased this last night
fracturedrich 46

Postby Pompey78 » 16 Oct 2013, 18:30

I downloaded the trial on XBLA and within 10 minutes have decided this is my next game purchase.

However i won't be playing this when my children are up, forgetting it was 18 rated (attention span of a goldfish) my 4yr old walked in middway through my 10 minute play through to ask is that Toad, yes I said to then watch in horror as Wolf and Toad swear so much in the space of 20 seconds I was left with a lot of explaining to do to my wife as to why my son is repeating a rather rude word ! :oops:
Gamertag MattHayward
Getting my kids into gaming to justify an Xbox One purchase :)
Pompey78 29

Postby White Xian IV » 16 Oct 2013, 20:15

just played the demo today - two words buy it !!!! :roll:
- Respect even those who you do not fear -

White Xian IV 23

Postby CunningSmile » 16 Oct 2013, 22:19

Just finished it and agree with every thing Aoife says. The loading times are a bit much for such a short game but the plot and characters are great. Buy part 1, then buy the season pass cos you'll need it
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Funkcase » 18 Oct 2013, 21:38

davem64 wrote:Game of the month

I completely agree with this.

Buy this game!
Funkcase 26

Postby wotsahotspotnot » 12 Nov 2013, 13:45

Aoife nailed it.

You know, there are people I know, who I'm friends with, people for whom gaming only became an acceptable thing with the release of CoD4, who went out and actually paid hundreds on a games console only to play CoD and FIFA. People who are so closed-minded and unwilling to try other games on these wonderful machines we have, that they won't even play a game such as Gears Of War because it's a 3rd, not a 1st person shooter ( but of course GTA is acceptable), much less a game such as The Walking Dead or the Wolf Among Us. I guess they're unafraid of becoming a ''Geek'' or something...

It's even worse when it's on XBLA because most people I know won't even go on that section of the dashboard except to get to the Add-Ons for Call of Duty.

I find it incredibly frustrating and annoying that a quality game often gets buried beneath the mound of soulless FPS's and annual sports sims and even those of us who are keen gamers often only download something like this when they ''get round to it''. Meanwhile CoD Ghosts had already picked up a 4 and a half star rating from well over 5000 of the community on XBL before it was released and before a demo was even available (I'm not sure if a demo is out, even yet).

This game is great, as was The Walking Dead and they both deserve to be downloaded to your collection immediately.
And while you're on the XBLA section looking for them, have a look at a few of the others too. Do what I do and sort it by user rating so the highest-rated (which is for the most part the same as the best) games come up first.
Last edited by wotsahotspotnot on 12 Nov 2013, 14:00, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus Saves...Before every boss battle.
wotsahotspotnot 31

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Nov 2013, 13:50

Any word yet on when Part 2 is due? I'm on tenter hooks following the end of Part 1!
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby wotsahotspotnot » 12 Nov 2013, 13:53

I haven't the foggiest.

That's the only complaint I have is that I wish I'd not found out about it 'til all 5 were out already, then I'd get the season pass and get them all at once.

I'm thinking of going back to the Walking Dead. Despite what I said about it, I haven't actually gone through it all, yet. Though I bought them all.
Jesus Saves...Before every boss battle.
wotsahotspotnot 31