to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tekken TT2, Battles

Your comments on our articles.

Also a load of Ben 10 games. Sold?

Another Deal of the Week has dawned, and it's even more of a motley affair than the last one. Battlestations? Ben 10? Storm? Have you left the Xbox Live Deal-O-Matic on shuffle, Microsoft?... read more

Xbox Live sale: Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tekken TT2, Battles

Postby bamozzy » 15 Oct 2013, 13:26

Of all these Tomd Raider is a 'Maybe' - still don't know if I can justify its price tag - even on sale!

Nothing else really appeals to me but I do like seeing a range of different titles in the sale options. It at least tries to appeal to more people. Pity they are all poor this week but at least they are not all from one genre.

Halo 3 is out this week too - although I do already own and have completed it - although it stopped giving me achievements afterr the 2nd level. I thought it was rather a long level but when the game ended I suddenly realised I hadn't got the achievements any ideas on how to rectify this?? Also didn't get the Avatar unlock for welcoe to beast mode on GoW3 but have definitely completed the achievements and necessary stuff to have had this unlocked. Any ideas aboiut why and how to unlock this??
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61

Re: Xbox Live sale: Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tekken TT2, Bat

Postby Brimstone » 15 Oct 2013, 23:00

Underworld was a good game (I'd rate Legend and Anniversary higher IMHO) but i think for a game that age the price is about right... so i might think the sale price would be lower. I've seen it on the shelves at Game for less, so not for me this time.
Brimstone 42

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Oct 2013, 23:47

Capsized could be tempting
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby richardnewns » 16 Oct 2013, 07:30

I really enjoyed Tomb Raider Underworld, and completed the whole game. The last of the traditional Laras, there are no 'gruesome' deaths, the gunplay is straightforward and infrequent, allowing you to concentrate on the platforming and puzzle-solving. You can customise the difficulty, get in-game hints, saving you to open IE to look for help if you are stuck, and you can also complete the game without having to kill any cute furry animals, which is very important for my children. Stomping on zombies is not a problem for them, however. I recommend buying it; it's just a shame that the two dlc levels are still priced so high, if they were on sale too I'd buy them both.
richardnewns 38

Postby bamozzy » 16 Oct 2013, 14:13

The reason I am not interested in Underworld at this price is that I can buy it for this price or less on disc!

At the moment though I am still looking to get the latest version but there seems to be so many different versions too - Nordic, survival etc which is the best one to get??
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 61