to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

GTA 5 DLC - five ways Rockstar could make Los Santos even be

Your comments on our articles.

Here's our list of demands, guys - make with the dream-fulfilling

We've been teetering dangerously close to spending more time in Los Santos than the real-world over the last couple of weeks. Ever since GTA Online hit, it's been increasingly difficult to justify gadding about in a reality that doesn't allow you to parachute off mountains into speedboats a daily basis.... read more

Postby donkeyykong » 15 Oct 2013, 14:46

Wow, those DLC Packs would be great, Hopefully we get more from Rockstar soon.
donkeyykong 2

Postby RAINBOWSASH4ME » 15 Oct 2013, 14:50

be nice if they added a music dlc you can have all your favorite songs so you dont have to go find them also they could add new songs like from ImagineDragons,eminem and more
RAINBOWSASH4ME 8

Re: GTA 5 DLC - five ways Rockstar could make Los Santos eve

Postby LethalBuddha » 15 Oct 2013, 15:23

A music app on the iFruit phone, so we can still listen to music when running about on foot would be nice.
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby Jigster1 » 15 Oct 2013, 17:07

Would love to see a ghost story DLC, would be different enough from Undead Nightmares on Red Dead! Or perhaps an alien invasion in which they abduct Trevor but find he's a sick psychopath even on alien standards! 8) :twisted:
Jigster1 46

Postby Twinkling82 » 15 Oct 2013, 17:24

everything spot on in these ideas. Apart from the getting married thing. GTA is not a life-simulation, so please don't!

But you're forgetting one thing - how about the option of having a character on the RIGHT side of the law? You start out as walking the streets, aiding collegues and catching store and purse thieves - and pickpockets of course. These CAN be NPC's. You are not allowed to break the law (taking someones car or becycle for example) but you CAN call a collegue (NPC or human!) to come and pick you up and drive you somewhere - with a good chance you guys will get a call, which will make the coworker immidiatly go for whatever happens.

You can then end up as chief in an area or investigator or something. The possibilities are endless.
Twinkling82 13

Postby Worthies » 15 Oct 2013, 18:54

Beware! Spoilers in my Comment:

My one and only demand in terms of extra content for GTA V is more indoor spaces.
I don't understand why a game as vast and expansive as GTA V would provide a negligible sum of indoor areas.
I found that it rather suspended my immersion to not be able to enter at least some of the premises that the world designers had spent quite a lot of time developing the exterior for.

SPOILER:
For instance, even the 'Bean Machine', where the hilarious scene of Fabian getting slapped with a laptop takes place, is not accessible to the player.
SPOILER END:

Some DLC with more indoor spaces would be a must in my opinion.

Edit:
I would second the Las Venturas DLC! Ocean's Eleven: Franklin, Michael and Trevor style would be amazing!

SPOILER:
For those who elected to kill either Trevor or Michael, it could be possible to offer players the opportunity to repeat the Deathwish ending to avoid continuity issues.
SPOILER END:
Worthies 30

Postby Biblios » 15 Oct 2013, 19:32

I would love to see Horse Riding from a stables or something in the countryside around Mt Chiliad (really just enjoyed the simple pleasures of [stealing] a mountain bike to ride the forest tracks) or even flat and jump horse racing at that ever so empty race track. Doubles tennis would also be good.
Biblios 28

Postby sup3rbad27 » 15 Oct 2013, 20:19

Nitrous oxide in cars, Las venturas, more missions in story mode and the option to be a cop would be awesome
sup3rbad27 4

Postby Ashkaari » 15 Oct 2013, 22:18

I like the idea of almost everything in the list, but I thought that CJ was in an alternate universe or timeline to this GTA?

Oh, I started Online today and I think I saw something saying "Location: San Andreas" for one of the missions, so going by that I'm assuming new states/counties/places will arrive. :D
In about 5 minutes I will look back at this with an urge to erase my stupidity.
Ashkaari 38

Postby Billy Coss » 15 Oct 2013, 22:47

Boring.. How about this as DLC?

Bring Back cops and crooks
Give us some god dang interior maps for TDM's and such
Give us dogs to customize or w/e
Give us Zombies cause they never get old... well they do but *meh*
Give us missions that arent fetch quests because those are never fun.
Give us Underwater based missions
Give us wingsuits
Give us more guns
Give us more clothing
Give us basketball
Give us drive thru burger shots
Give us the ability to move within aircraft similar to the mission with trevor
Give us paintball, so there is no penalty for death

But I do agree with Las Venturas.. I <3 BlackJack and in a game that is about the power of the almight dollar how did gambling not come to pass????????????
Billy Coss 1

Postby EdDeRs1 » 16 Oct 2013, 09:33

just have zombies running around Los Santos while online, and extra zombie killing missions, add in a bit of extra chaos
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Furie » 17 Oct 2013, 11:42

I'd like to see the city finished off. There are loads of shops that are versions of existing places according to the facade but cannot be entered. Simply giving those places carbon copies of the insides of their other versions would be a nice start. So we'd be able to watch movies at all of the cinemas not just the three chosen by the devs and able to buy clothing at all clothes shops as well as rob all of the stores. I know a lot of things can be ordered online, but having a few places in the world where we can buy bikes, cars and the like instead of just having them available for missions would again go a step towards fleshing the city out. Finally add in the food places from the last game so we can enter Burger Shots and the like, and buy hot dogs on the street rather than looking for first aid kits hidden around the city. Bam, living city with a lot more perceived depth than it had before.

Also, a single player heist generator would be a nice addition. Available from a new property to buy you'd have a whiteboard to pick a place to rob. If it were one of the established heists then the other version of it would be available to carry out (and then only once the story mission has been passed) before being locked. If it is a new place then you get a generic robbery with hostage management situation, and have to fight and drive your way past the cops to a set extraction point.

Heists would be set up by choosing a place to rob, choosing crew and marking an extraction point (driving into a truck to hide vehicles, making it to a boat on the coast, get to the helipad, etc). Extraction points would lower the wanted level by a few stars (more difficult extractions lowering them by more) and the mission would complete when the cops were lost and you made your way back to the original property. Give a week to launder the take and up skills of heist crew by 5% and we got a basic system.
Furie 26

Postby JonParkes » 19 Oct 2013, 18:40

More music on the rap, pop and country radio stations please.
JonParkes 20

Postby AnimalMotherWI » 19 Oct 2013, 23:23

Easy from a DLC perspective like Balad & Lost from IV... we NEED a DLC with CJ and LAMAR. Lamar was frigging hilarious in GTA V. The amount of things they could do with Trevor & Micheal's past coming home to roost would be easy too, but CJ & LAMAR & Franklin need a DLC all to themselves. Have Micheal & Trevor in it yes, but as minor characters. Have Lester help them and the story could be endless. Obviously it would be more of a Lamar & CJ story line, Franklin a secondary but not minor player because I'm sure most of us have him with about a billion dollars & all the toys you could ask for. I hope for at LEAST 2 DLC's that pertain to the campaign story line. MP is easy enough to do, I think more story is needed.
AnimalMotherWI 1

Postby AnimalMotherWI » 19 Oct 2013, 23:25

EdDeRs1 wrote:just have zombies running around Los Santos while online, and extra zombie killing missions, add in a bit of extra chaos

Good god zombies are so played out. Even RS thinks so, having that zombie poking fun at the whole phenomenon. No need for more of it imho.
AnimalMotherWI 1

Next