to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Activision "looks forward" to beating GTA 5's sales record w

Your comments on our articles.

"Congratulations to the team at Rockstar for their success," says UK boss

Riley is coming for you, Trevor - he's got your scent. And as for you, Michael, you should keep an eye out for scary men with painted faces and over-designed rifles, hiding behind your shower curtain. Infinity Ward might be fairly laidback about GTA 5's Call of Duty parody, but publisher Activision has urgent designs on Rockstar's sales record.... read more

Postby delpoi » 17 Oct 2013, 10:36

Am sorry but I've never heard anything as funny in my life no way will ghosts be bigger than GTA lmfao!!!
delpoi 40

Re: Activision "looks forward" to beating GTA 5's sales reco

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Oct 2013, 10:38

by 'look foward to' I presume they mean, desperately need
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby White Xian IV » 17 Oct 2013, 10:38

Ghosts will beat gta sales, as there are more children in this world then adults. A little random i agree lol :roll:
- Respect even those who you do not fear -
White Xian IV 31

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 17 Oct 2013, 10:50

Bold statement this time around. Especially based on the next gen. introduction. Who knows how many total units will be purchased because consumer habits will be harder to predict this time around surely? GTA's timing was brilliant. Releasing a game amongst a relative AAA lull and with enough time before the next gen, they captured lots of gamers simply through the timing. This is something Ghosts surely can't estimate accurately?
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29

Postby Mendes » 17 Oct 2013, 11:20

Agreed, his slightly arrogant comment is about Rockstar's rate of release, but it's that rate of release that makes all the games they release so damn good and why I'll continue to play them for years to come while waiting patiently for their next miracle. Whereas I gave up on Fall of Duty many, many releases ago....

... I can't put it better than Rockstar have in-game, but Call of Duty is the same recycled thing every release, I'm not dissing an individual game because I've had a lot of fun play COD over the years, but if I've bought one I feel comfortable missing the next four knowing I'm not missing that much.
Mendes 35

Postby silent alchemist » 17 Oct 2013, 11:29

there is no way cod can do that gta has 2 things going for it campaign and multiplayer and cod just has multiplayer
silent alchemist 40

Postby battfink83 » 17 Oct 2013, 11:41

COD ghosts, rated PG..... Pretty much the same Game as the previous one. Dont forget to buy all the DLC...... It'll make you a better marksman......
battfink83 52

Postby BlackXRaptor » 17 Oct 2013, 11:51

White Xian IV wrote:Ghosts will beat gta sales, as there are more children in this world then adults. A little random i agree lol :roll:

The same children you're talking about are also playing GTA V as well... I don't think these children you're talking about are going to neglect purchasing GTA but then jump at the chance to buy CoD. By your logic they'll be buying both. So it's in fact a level playing field isn't it? If Ghosts does better in sales I'd be quite astonished, it's something I'd quite like to see just because it's fun watching this game break it's own record year after year. I think it's time people grew up with the "COD'S WHOLE PLAYER BASE ARE SNOTTY NOSED LITTLE BRATS". No haha. No it's not. Kids screaming in your ear is being terribly over exaggerated.
BlackXRaptor 15

Postby White Xian IV » 17 Oct 2013, 12:11

BlackXRaptor wrote:
White Xian IV wrote:Ghosts will beat gta sales, as there are more children in this world then adults. A little random i agree lol :roll:

The same children you're talking about are also playing GTA V as well... I don't think these children you're talking about are going to neglect purchasing GTA but then jump at the chance to buy CoD. By your logic they'll be buying both. So it's in fact a level playing field isn't it? If Ghosts does better in sales I'd be quite astonished, it's something I'd quite like to see just because it's fun watching this game break it's own record year after year. I think it's time people grew up with the "COD'S WHOLE PLAYER BASE ARE SNOTTY NOSED LITTLE BRATS". No haha. No it's not. Kids screaming in your ear is being terribly over exaggerated.

Its a shame you had to actually :roll: point that out ? ... My comment is a double edged sword, which is why it was short and laughable. Many assumptions are that only "kids" play call of duty, so my sentence was mocking that all together. If you took it serious enough to write a paragraph then im afraid my friend my humor is wasted on you. 8)
White Xian IV 31

Postby BlackXRaptor » 17 Oct 2013, 12:25

No shame of mine haha, nor of yours I hope. Forgive me if I failed to see your humor but it didn't look like it at the time and I don't understand how someone is supposed to deduct that you're in fact mocking the "kids play cod" assumption. I didn't take the comment seriously, hence my reply :wink: . Never mind my friend we can part ways now.
BlackXRaptor 15

Postby MangledRex » 17 Oct 2013, 12:56

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat GTA 5's sales figures as Ghosts is going to be on more platforms
MangledRex 8

Postby Nero Creed » 17 Oct 2013, 13:02

Well CoD:Ghosts will releace both for X1 and the 360. So maybe people will buy 2 copy's. It may not beat GTA:V at launch but within a year i'd think it would take over GTA:V With more and more people buying the X1 and geting Ghosts again.
Nero Creed 24

Postby White Xian IV » 17 Oct 2013, 13:50

BlackXRaptor wrote:No shame of mine haha, nor of yours I hope. Forgive me if I failed to see your humor but it didn't look like it at the time and I don't understand how someone is supposed to deduct that you're in fact mocking the "kids play cod" assumption. I didn't take the comment seriously, hence my reply :wink: . Never mind my friend we can part ways now.

My apologies, I assumed the :roll: << gives it away im mocking, :p not to worry dude, in the future i'll be sure to add a disclaimer. :wink:
White Xian IV 31

Postby Faroutdude » 17 Oct 2013, 14:45

I suppose it's coming out on more consoles and there'll be a few people who will buy it for current and next gen.
(I may be the only one, but I haven't bought GTA 5 because I'm saving my dosh for next gen)
Xbox One Day One
Faroutdude 11

Postby xHDx » 17 Oct 2013, 15:57

" Is it too much to describe this as a pop at Rockstar's inability to match Call of Duty's rate of release?"
Rephrase:
"Rockstar has the inability to match Call of Duty's release mainly because they don't milk their series and because they don't copy and past from game to game."
xHDx 32

Next