to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Ryse trailers and screens tell a story of revenge

Your comments on our articles.

We've got them here to save you Roman around

Revenge, so we're told, is a dish best served cold. If these latest pair of story related trailers for Ryse: Son of Rome is anything to go by, it's also best served with a side order of blood and plenty of shouting to boot.... read more

New Ryse trailers and screens tell a story of revenge

Postby Maximus T » 19 Oct 2013, 10:22

When's this set compared to Julius Ceaser? Just trying to get my bearings on the timeline.
Speaking of Ceaser, he got stabbed quite a few times, didn't he?
Also, I warned you:

f qefkh qefp dxjb illhp obxiiv dlla klt, xq cfopq f txpk'q prob, yrq f xj txojfkd ql qeb zljyxq pvpqbj, xka qeb bkofzejbkq fk qeb jvqelildv fp xipl lc dobxq fkqbobpq ql jb.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 67

Re: New Ryse trailers and screens tell a story of revenge

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Oct 2013, 10:42

I don't think anyone has actually said when it's set beyond "during the Roman Empire". Technically it didn't become an empire until after Julius Caesar's heir Augustus Caesar declared himself Emperor, so my guess is after that?
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby IPlayGamesUK » 19 Oct 2013, 11:03

My kind of game but it's defo not a day one game for £50, maybe after new year.
IPlayGamesUK
IPlayGamesUK 10

Postby Skipstream » 19 Oct 2013, 12:00

I really swing from wanting this to not. No idea now what to get at launch. Thing is we won't really know until the reviews are out.

Can anyone at OXM confirm whether all launch titles will have a review embargo until launch? I know that some will be released on current gen so we'll know if gameplay and mechanics etc are good but whether it will be worth £45/£55 who knows.

I am not a FIFA fan but will be getting the FIFA version of Xbox One (missed out on Forza version :-( ) so I will at least have 1 on launch.

I was playing with the idea of Watch Dogs.... but now maybe BF4 since I've always enjoyed it. I've never really like the Dead Rising games but this one looks good. AC4 - maybe - l loved the 2nd one but didn't enjoy Brotherhood. {Sighs}

So, Ryse was looking like the only 'original' IP really

Maybe I should order them all on my credit card from Amazon or whoever, wait for reviews then send back the ones I don't want!!!
Skipstream 50

Postby Maximus T » 19 Oct 2013, 12:47

By the way if anyone deciphers my first post, they get a somewhat imaginary prize! :D
Maximus T 67

Postby WillB94 » 19 Oct 2013, 15:46

The trailer said circa 68 AD, which was around 100 years after Caesar's death. Not sure how historically accurate the game will be though :D
WillB94 41

Postby Metalrodent » 19 Oct 2013, 15:51

WillB94 wrote:The trailer said circa 68 AD, which was around 100 years after Caesar's death. Not sure how historically accurate the game will be though :D

I seem to remember reading about it's time period and plot, not at all was the answer
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby Fenchurch » 19 Oct 2013, 20:26

Maximus T wrote:By the way if anyone deciphers my first post, they get a somewhat imaginary prize! :D

Caesar's code... very sneaky :D

Your post reads:
"I think this game looks really good now, at first I wasn't sure, but I am warming to the combat system, and the enrichment in the mythology is also of great interest to me."
Not the clothing brand...
Fenchurch 32

Postby Maximus T » 19 Oct 2013, 20:36

Fenchurch wrote:
Maximus T wrote:By the way if anyone deciphers my first post, they get a somewhat imaginary prize! :D

Caesar's code... very sneaky :D

Your post reads:
"I think this game looks really good now, at first I wasn't sure, but I am warming to the combat system, and the enrichment in the mythology is also of great interest to me."

Indeed, a Ceaser shift! In this case a shift of 23, the number of times he was stabbed during his assassination.
Thanks for playing!
Maximus T 67

Postby Fenchurch » 19 Oct 2013, 20:54

Just noticed your signature Max, epic 'trilogy' of books, my all time favourites. Also where my forum name comes from 8)
Not the clothing brand...
Fenchurch 32

Postby Grummy » 19 Oct 2013, 20:57

68 AD places it in the year of the 4 emperors, when Rome did face civil strife, that was also the year when the 14th legion, the one mentioned in the video, moved to southern France.

It's not entirely historically accurate though as there were absolutely no Barbarians anywhere near Rome.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby mackered » 19 Oct 2013, 21:30

Grummy wrote:68 AD places it in the year of the 4 emperors, when Rome did face civil strife, that was also the year when the 14th legion, the one mentioned in the video, moved to southern France.

It's not entirely historically accurate though as there were absolutely no Barbarians anywhere near Rome.

Some might say that Rome was full of barbarians (small b) at that time. :twisted:
Just remember now that summer's here, dress for the body you have, not the body you want.
mackered 55

Postby Grummy » 19 Oct 2013, 21:34

mackered wrote:
Grummy wrote:68 AD places it in the year of the 4 emperors, when Rome did face civil strife, that was also the year when the 14th legion, the one mentioned in the video, moved to southern France.

Some might say that Rome was full of barbarians (small b) at that time. :twisted:

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Timmeh555 » 21 Oct 2013, 10:48

I know that this game is not something everyone likes the look of but the more i hear about it the more I want it, bring on 22nd November :D
Timmeh555 44

Postby vadersmyfather » 21 Oct 2013, 11:54

The setting of this certainly looks different and so it's piqued my interest. I hope that behind that it isn't just hack and slash.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47