Rockstar confirms reduced repeated mission payouts in Grand

Your comments on our articles.

Says 50% cut on subsequent runs is to "keep the game balanced"

Bad news for those of you who were repeating missions you knew well for more moolah, as Rockstar has confirmed that yesterday's 1.04 patch has introduced a slash in mission rewards, as reported on by readers yesterday.... read more

Rockstar confirms reduced repeated mission payouts in Grand

Postby martinspire » 19 Oct 2013, 22:45

What kind of bollocks is this? Seriously, they keep making online gameplay worse. They also made it too easy to get a Bad Sport reputation (which is plain annoying), disabled retry and now they cut the results of missions in half? What the hell!
martinspire 22

Re: Rockstar confirms reduced repeated mission payouts in Gr

Postby keiron cheyette » 19 Oct 2013, 23:22

i am level 48 and i get the same missions over and over now your gunna cut the money i make it takes ages as it ia to get a decent bit of cash!
keiron cheyette 1

Postby deano456 » 20 Oct 2013, 01:06

Rockstar - People made too much money using exploits now we need to make it impossible to make good money in game so people are forced to buy GTA$ because breaking records selling our game wasn't enough
deano456 6

Postby brandyandy1xx » 20 Oct 2013, 03:13

deano456 wrote:Rockstar - People made too much money using exploits now we need to make it impossible to make good money in game so people are forced to buy GTA$ because breaking records selling our game wasn't enough

martinspire wrote:What kind of bollocks is this? Seriously, they keep making online gameplay worse. They also made it too easy to get a Bad Sport reputation (which is plain annoying), disabled retry and now they cut the results of missions in half? What the hell!

well said, i think they should get rid of the exploits because i for one find it rather infuriating getting killed by some little punk just because he can't play the game properly. BUT don't kill the game to the point where no one can get money via mission reward reduction. E.G. Me N friends have been recieving the same bloody mission for the last 3 days and counting and it went from 23,000 to 11,500. I find it stupid to be honest
brandyandy1xx 9

Postby BorisTheFrog » 20 Oct 2013, 03:16

100% in agreement with the comments because to accumulate enough money to actually purchase items in order to appreciate the game a little more is an eternal slog.
But, for those with a little persistence, there is a way.
If you look down the west coast there is a race called "The commute" (launch point is situated in a car park opposite a garage) which pays quite handsomely for a race victory.
Create a server and invite a couple of friends to simply race the track over and over again. With $9000, $5000 and $3000 (appx) plus a healthy RP boost for podium finishes it's well worth taking it in turns to share the spoils between friends.
An even bigger bonus considering it takes less than 2 mins per race in the supercars.

We're not talking helicopters and mansions here, but a couple of hours racing down this track really does redress the uber tight financial reward system this game employs. Just enough to start to enjoy the game a little more.
BorisTheFrog 17

Postby TheGoodDoctor » 20 Oct 2013, 10:40

RS are getting really greedy these days, they put out a half finished game at full price, mess with peoples characters and say "you were warned" when our characters disappear, they messed with the driving physics until they match the cartoon feel of Saints Row, they told us we would get a quarter mil with the update but we never even after they destroyed my character 8 times and now they put a cap on what we earn. anybody else feel like they did the game with the main drive being money and only saw fans as an after thought? gta4 was so good, how did they lose their way?
TheGoodDoctor 8

Postby voodoo1102 » 20 Oct 2013, 10:41

Its largely irrelevant at the moment as progress isnt being saved. Cloud servers still havent been fixed.
voodoo1102 36

Postby CunningSmile » 20 Oct 2013, 10:53

TheGoodDoctor wrote:RS are getting really greedy these days, they put out a half finished game at full price, mess with peoples characters and say "you were warned" when our characters disappear, they messed with the driving physics until they match the cartoon feel of Saints Row, they told us we would get a quarter mil with the update but we never even after they destroyed my character 8 times and now they put a cap on what we earn. anybody else feel like they did the game with the main drive being money and only saw fans as an after thought? gta4 was so good, how did they lose their way?

Not sure how you worked out changing the driving can be motivated by money? Plus they've said the quarter mil will be given out in the next week of so but they need to fix a couple of other bugs first otherwise they'll give it to you and you'll instantly lose it
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby GHOSTY05 » 20 Oct 2013, 12:13

Not very useful for those of lower ranks like me who are trying to save money.

Not much fun anymore, as to be honest everyone has silly fast cars, armour and better weapons.

I spend 30 minutes playing a mission, everyone just p****s about and i get nowhere.

Everytime you fail you get nothing, even for taking part!

After playing many missions i still cant even afford a cheap garage, and as im such a low rank i cannot even buy decent armour or weapons.
GHOSTY05 43

Postby GHOSTY05 » 20 Oct 2013, 12:17

CunningSmile wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:gta4 was so good, how did they lose their way?

Lol, no it was not good at all.
GHOSTY05 43

Postby battfink83 » 20 Oct 2013, 12:38

I have to agree here. This just seems like pathetic penny pinching tbh. Let me down again rstar. Shame really its put me off mp for now. The earnings barely cover the ammo and explosives needed to do the missions
battfink83 54

Postby brandyandy1xx » 20 Oct 2013, 12:40

BorisTheFrog wrote:100% in agreement with the comments because to accumulate enough money to actually purchase items in order to appreciate the game a little more is an eternal slog.
But, for those with a little persistence, there is a way.
If you look down the west coast there is a race called "The commute" (launch point is situated in a car park opposite a garage) which pays quite handsomely for a race victory.
Create a server and invite a couple of friends to simply race the track over and over again. With $9000, $5000 and $3000 (appx) plus a healthy RP boost for podium finishes it's well worth taking it in turns to share the spoils between friends.
An even bigger bonus considering it takes less than 2 mins per race in the supercars.

We're not talking helicopters and mansions here, but a couple of hours racing down this track really does redress the uber tight financial reward system this game employs. Just enough to start to enjoy the game a little more.

Me and my friends did this all the time, but after the update it will take the money and rank you gained away when you end the session. Its a bitch
brandyandy1xx 9

Postby Decent_Jam » 20 Oct 2013, 23:25

Wow, really can't believe the complainy-ness of some of the comments here. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and all of course but come on, they are giving you half a million and I'm sure more moneymaking options will come with heists and the like. It's as if they are forcing you to play the game if you aren't enjoying it. Sheesh...
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Postby Nero Creed » 20 Oct 2013, 23:35

I was thinking of buying GTA: V so i could maybe join the OXM crew here. I don't quite understand the multiplayer of the game myself but all these bad comments put me off.
Nero Creed 24

Postby Decent_Jam » 20 Oct 2013, 23:40

Nero Creed wrote:I was thinking of buying GTA: V so i could maybe join the OXM crew here. I don't quite understand the multiplayer of the game myself but all these bad comments put me off.

To be honest I wouldn't be put off, I've had about 4 or 5 sessions in online and not had any of these issues. It is a really fun game and the social aspect with the forum crew has been great. You don't really need tons of money anyway, what you need more is levels to unlock the option to buy things. It takes time.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Next