to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Just what exactly is Black Tusk Studios working on?

Your comments on our articles.

Log picks over what little we know about Xbox One's mystery exclusive

A game hasn't been shrouded in this much stubborn, hype-whipping mystery since... well, since Bungie and Destiny, really. Okay, so it's actually quite a regular occurrence. But it's harder to engage the hype-throttle when you're talking about a game with no details, from a company that no one's really heard of. Black Tusk, after all, is the macho re-brand of Microsoft Vancouver, which sounds substantially less maverick.... read more

Just what exactly is Black Tusk Studios working on?

Postby ipsofacto » 21 Oct 2013, 18:01

The trailer is quite ambiguous... I hope it isn't all stealthy, can't imagine a genre-defining stealth game and I can't think of any stand-out title currently either. Sci-fi would be great. I wouldn't say it always works but there's always potential. ...and a good story too.
ipsofacto 46

Re: Just what exactly is Black Tusk Studios working on?

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Oct 2013, 18:07

More stealth! Fewer characters who look like the guy from Syphon Filter!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Maximus T » 21 Oct 2013, 18:19

Might as well throw some matrix style martial arts in there.
Seeing as we practically have to design the game for them.
They just read threads like this for ideas. :lol:
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Postby Decent_Jam » 21 Oct 2013, 19:31

A character whose character cannot be explained in a single word would be preferable. If I'm going to follow this guy (or girl?) around for a few games I want to actually care about them and what happens to them. Of course that sort of thing is possible this gen, but I really want them to push the envelope further.

I would be interested to see them try something similar to Defiance in terms of the transmedia element of the title. I think it could work well, especially if the episodes were short and frequent, say 15-20 minutes every two weeks or something?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 62

Postby ChaoticP » 21 Oct 2013, 22:47

Hope we get some details by next year, the fact they announced this studio at E3 should indicate they are someways into development. With a diverse set of hires kind of hard to guess what kind of game it is. FPS? 3rd Person? Stealth Game? Sci-fi shooter? Anyone's guess at this point.
ChaoticP 52

Postby ElCritique » 22 Oct 2013, 01:31

I mean, you can't really get much out of the teaser trailer besides that it looks like it will be some type of shooter that involves stealth and seems to take place in some neo futuristic city.

I'm going to guess something random and say that this game will be fully open world(next to no load screens). The game will give you multiple missions at a time. You can choose which missions you do first, but it will affect certain things in the next mission(s)/story. Just some random guesses.
ElCritique 35

Postby MrXboxIsAwesome » 02 Nov 2013, 00:14

ElCritique wrote:I mean, you can't really get much out of the teaser trailer besides that it looks like it will be some type of shooter that involves stealth and seems to take place in some neo futuristic city.

I'm going to guess something random and say that this game will be fully open world(next to no load screens). The game will give you multiple missions at a time. You can choose which missions you do first, but it will affect certain things in the next mission(s)/story. Just some random guesses.

I Think You Are Probably right and as it is apparently a Xbox one exclusive it could go well with Xbox One's TV capabilities and I think it's going to be a Watch Dogs open-world game beater and may even be a GTA V beater :!: :?:
MrXboxIsAwesome 5