to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit, Pr

Your comments on our articles.

Savings on The Walking Dead DLC, Limbo and Ghostbusters titles too

Rejoice, lover of shiny fast cars and holder of an Xbox Live gold account, for fortune smile upon you this day. An Xbox Live sale is slashing prices on a whole mess of Need for Speed content, meaning this is the time to stock up on games, DLC packs and any mod unlocks you missed.... read more

Xbox Live sale: Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit, Pr

Postby MangledRex » 22 Oct 2013, 10:52

Ohh I might finally get 400 days
MangledRex 8

Re: Xbox Live sale: Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Oct 2013, 11:02

MangledRex wrote:Ohh I might finally get 400 days

As Aoife says it's a bargain for under two quid so I really would. However I will say I didn't find it as satisfying as the main game. It's narrative was a little disjointed as it really only tells a series of one off incidents each lasting about 10-15 minutes each featuring a different character. The individual scenes are well done, and some of the choices pretty tough, but I was left feeling that it was mostly an exercise to introduce the cast of Walking Dead 2 ahead of time.

I'd be very tempted by Ghostbusters for that price if it wasn't for Batman coming out on Friday. With that I've probably got enough to tide me over until the One launches.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 22 Oct 2013, 11:09

400 Days is worth the price but would certainly agree with Cunning. All I would say is if this is the cast for Season 2 then i'm not sure i'll be as invested in them as I was with Season 1. I'll wait and see.

Limbo is always worth a mention but I would assume most people who want to play it will have already during previous sales. Absolutely fantastic game though.

Forgive my ignorance but what have the makers or Limbo done since and has it matched the quality of that title?
ItchyRash 43

Postby OXM ETboy » 22 Oct 2013, 11:14

I'd heartily recommend Limbo too. As for what they've done since, there was talk of a sequel, but I haven't heard anything for years.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CynicalNurse » 22 Oct 2013, 11:47

NFS: Most Wanted and all it's DLC for 20 quid seems like a no-brainer.
Currently playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Battlefield 3 and 4, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
CynicalNurse 10

Postby Funkcase » 22 Oct 2013, 12:02

Limbo is brilliant and brutal, it's the Dark Souls of the Arcade.
Funkcase 26

Postby Jesper1 » 22 Oct 2013, 12:31

When will this actually be a sale? I mean, on the Xbox site, it's doesn't say that Walking Dead is 1.69. It's says 2.49. Any updates?
Jesper1 2

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Oct 2013, 12:47

Jesper1 wrote:When will this actually be a sale? I mean, on the Xbox site, it's doesn't say that Walking Dead is 1.69. It's says 2.49. Any updates?

They tend to kick in about 3pm on Tuesday in the UK. I'm guessing with the time difference it matches up to a logical time in the US.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby bamozzy » 22 Oct 2013, 14:35

I have NFS: ProStreet (as well as Carbon and Undercover) on the PS3 and it is possibly my favourite of these 3 but overall I am not what you would call a big fan of these. I do think there are better NFS games but these are the older titles. I do not know much about the others available here as I felt the series lost its way a bit and I much preferred Forza as my Driving game of choice - especially since PGR lost its way after 2 and has now disappeared altogether. - Not sure IF I can be tempted by these - even at these prices. It does seem that NFS will not be a GoG now as many speculated...

I may hang on for Dead Island and Riptide or Darkness 1 and 2 or even Prey which are next weeks Deals of the Week

I assume that Limbo, Ghostbusters etc are part of the 'Shocktober' Sale that Major Nelsons Blog mentions - He doesn't specify titles!

Of those only Ghostbusters (if that is the GoD version) may be worth a look as I loved the movie and saw it when it was released (I am THAT old). I played the Demo and thought it was fun and could be good for a bit of a nostalgic revisit. Sanctum of Slime (If memory is still working) is a top down twin stick arcade shooter so not so keen on that. Limbo may also be worth a look. Definitely don't think Bloodforge is worth £5 - I don't know if I would even download it for Free! I played the first episode of The Walking Dead and that was enough of that
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Suffering withdrawal symptoms now the Destiny Beta has finished..... September 9th can't come quick enough!!!
bamozzy 66

Postby TronZler » 22 Oct 2013, 15:11

Just wanted to recommend Bloodforge to anyone who enjoys a bit of dark fantasy,Conan style. You play as Crom (or Krom not sure how its spelt) whos wife has been slain,along with others by an unknown force. You set off on a tale of bloody revenge an carnage,not just fighting warriors, but Gods, an Witches who can turn into a swarm of crows.
You have three different skill sets you can unlock,which is done in an rpg sort of way. Its up to you which powers you think will suit you best for fighting almost every God and evil force that comes your way.
I bought this badboy at full price an even at that,i wasn't in the least a bit dissapointed. Its very well made,an to be honest,felt a little like a Crom/Krom origins tale,as the only time i'd heard his name before he was a God. It also has a decent length to it,so if any of that tickles your fancy,i'd snap it up!

Also,to the dude that was asking about The walking dead deal,you can find that on your dash under Frightfest.

EDIT: Just seen bamozzy didn't rate Bloodforge lol Ah well,thats why we're all so different,as i really do :wink:
TronZler 23

Postby bamozzy » 22 Oct 2013, 16:34

TronZler wrote:Just wanted to recommend Bloodforge to anyone who enjoys a bit of dark fantasy,Conan style. You play as Crom (or Krom not sure how its spelt) whos wife has been slain,along with others by an unknown force. You set off on a tale of bloody revenge an carnage,not just fighting warriors, but Gods, an Witches who can turn into a swarm of crows.
You have three different skill sets you can unlock,which is done in an rpg sort of way. Its up to you which powers you think will suit you best for fighting almost every God and evil force that comes your way.
I bought this badboy at full price an even at that,i wasn't in the least a bit dissapointed. Its very well made,an to be honest,felt a little like a Crom/Krom origins tale,as the only time i'd heard his name before he was a God. It also has a decent length to it,so if any of that tickles your fancy,i'd snap it up!

Also,to the dude that was asking about The walking dead deal,you can find that on your dash under Frightfest.

EDIT: Just seen bamozzy didn't rate Bloodforge lol Ah well,thats why we're all so different,as i really do :wink:

It wasn't just me that didn't rate it - OXM gave it a score of 4 - They gave a copy away as well and the winner rated it as 5 (but only gave it an extra point because it was free LOL)

Can't find any review ratings for the ghostbuster games but as I said I did enjoy the demo for the GoD game especially as it was a continuation of the movies - seriously tempted to pick this up for £6
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Suffering withdrawal symptoms now the Destiny Beta has finished..... September 9th can't come quick enough!!!
bamozzy 66

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Oct 2013, 16:42

I think ghostbusters got 7/10s from most reviewers. Nothing spectacular but a solid game that was fun if you're a fan of the films. I played it a few years back and enjoyed it, the script was very good plus listening to the original cast really sold it. The story as well felt like a proper sequel and tied in quite well to the first film. Biggest criticism really is that several times you felt like things were happening purely because they had a set of tick boxes for Ghostbusters (scene with Slimer: tick, revisit the library; tick)
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby TronZler » 22 Oct 2013, 17:10

TronZler wrote:It wasn't just me that didn't rate it - OXM gave it a score of 4 - They gave a copy away as well and the winner rated it as 5 (but only gave it an extra point because it was free LOL)

4???????????? Oh Ma Gard!! lol Very harsh OXM very harsh indeed! (Stares at Ed :shock: ) I mean your talking about a game that was pennys to buy,well a tenner,that has to compete with games four times that price. An for me the story was ace,the gameplay was cool as was the powers an dark magic.

At the end of the day though you should never only buy a game based on its score,after all,reviews are only one persons opinion. Its not like you'd jump off a cliff if OXM told you to huh? I only read reviews for a description of the game an how the mechanics work,the score is interesting but never a reason for me to buy or not buy.
Also,theres always a chance the person who won a copy said 5,simply because some people like to agree with others rather than share their own opinion. I'm not saying that was the case,but,its possible.

I might go an slag the sony fans saying Beyond Two Souls is ace now,as the review i saw gave it a mere 7.2. :P
TronZler 23

Postby Oxo971 » 22 Oct 2013, 18:23

loving these sales, whilst most have been games i have no interest in, picked up fc3 for less than in store, fc3:bd for a few quid which is such a blast, what other game has an armored plated lazer shooting dragon!!! queued up limbo for download when i get in tonight
Oxo971 23

Postby Nero Creed » 22 Oct 2013, 18:35

bamozzy wrote:I may hang on for Dead Island and Riptide or Darkness 1 and 2 or even Prey which are next weeks Deals of the Week

How do you know future sales? I might get DI: Riptide if it's a good deal. It looks like Dead Island 1.5 so i was waiting for it to drop.

On Topic: I may get Limbo looks worth the price, I already have most of the NFS games already. I'm not really a fan of games where you're stuck as the car.
Nero Creed 24

Next