Rockstar will quash all "unintended" GTA Online exploits - r

Your comments on our articles.

"All of this is done to keep things as fair and as fun as possible," says developer

Rockstar's decision to cut GTA Online mission cash and Rank Point payouts by half on replay via the latest GTA 5 update hasn't been terribly well received - some fans object that this is just a ruse to make more players buy Los Santos dollars with real world money. According to the developer, however, it's all born of a wish to "keep things as fair and fun as possible".... read more

Rockstar will quash all "unintended" GTA Online exploits - r

Postby Erudito87 » 22 Oct 2013, 12:46

Is quash an amplified version of squash?
Erudito87 3

Re: Rockstar will quash all "unintended" GTA Online exploits

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Oct 2013, 12:48

From the Online Dictionary

quash (kwɒʃ)

v.t.
1. to put down or suppress completely; quell; subdue: to quash a rebellion.
2. to make void, annul, or set aside (a law, indictment, decision, etc.).
A Tweet is like an episode of Game of Thrones; there are 140 characters and something awful usually happens
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Maximus T » 22 Oct 2013, 17:54

Talk about confusing words!
Simplex seems like a mix between Simple and Complex, which is somewhat contradictory, so I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it being a noun rather than an adjective is something significant.

Anyway, I digress

I think that in terms of balance and realism, Rockstar are doing the right thing- not everyone can be the kingpin of one city.
However, I see that it could possibly not quite help the aspect of fun that they are after, if the player feels like they are grinding to get stuff. But oh wait, you can utilise the microtransactions to solve that.

Overall, what with the MP being delayed from the rest of the game, it very much feels like they made a full retail release single player, and then integrated a more free to play based MP. (please don't argue that "it's not free to play because you have to buy the game in the first place" I'm not stupid)
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 71

Postby usernameistaken1 » 23 Oct 2013, 02:11

they should make it easier to make money not harder gta v made so much money why squeeze us for more some people can't afford to use real money to buy fake money we should not have to the missions should make us more money
i won't be a rockstar i will be a legend freddie motherf****ing mercury
usernameistaken1 34

Postby Nero Creed » 23 Oct 2013, 06:39

usernameistaken1 wrote:they should make it easier to make money not harder gta v made so much money why squeeze us for more some people can't afford to use real money to buy fake money we should not have to the missions should make us more money

I don't have the game but do you really need so much money? The things you do to earn money are ment to be fun not a grind. All i'd need is enough money to buy a cool outfit and i'd be done.

Again i don't have the game yet so i don't know.
Nero Creed 24

Postby dannyboiii84 » 23 Oct 2013, 16:32

i checked my stats today and i saw that since playing id been charged 856k in medical bills, ive only earned 3 million in total, this game is a scam aimed at pushing players to buying cash cards, they are making it real hard for us to actually enjoy it by nerfing every fun aspect of the game, they say they balance the economy, yet they charge us ridiculous prices for ammo, cars and customization, yet cut every mission pay in half. whatever scam star you don't fool us.
dannyboiii84 1

Postby Maximus T » 23 Oct 2013, 16:42

dannyboiii84 wrote:i checked my stats today and i saw that since playing id been charged 856k in medical bills, ive only earned 3 million in total, this game is a scam aimed at pushing players to buying cash cards, they are making it real hard for us to actually enjoy it by nerfing every fun aspect of the game, they say they balance the economy, yet they charge us ridiculous prices for ammo, cars and customization, yet cut every mission pay in half. whatever scam star you don't fool us.

3,000,000-856,000=2,144,000
That still leaves you with over 2 thirds of your earned money, but it does seem quite steep (though that would depend on how many trips you take to the hospital I suppose).
Problem is, USA doesn't have an NHS. :wink:
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 71

Postby happpydays » 23 Oct 2013, 19:46

usernameistaken1 wrote:they should make it easier to make money not harder gta v made so much money why squeeze us for more some people can't afford to use real money to buy fake money we should not have to the missions should make us more money

hi agree with the little money you get in the mission they should be more but for me this game is a shambles .i enjoyed it untilll every body has started using the new money glitch honestly it has ruined it and rockstar are doing sweat f a about it what a joke if it was cod you would get reset so why not on gta .biggest joke of 2013 really is stupid should be voted worst multiplayer of alll time
happpydays 37