How to have fun in GTA Online without spending any money

Your comments on our articles.

Why waste your time chasing profits? There's a whole world out there, argues Aoife

Grinding. It's a horrible word, isn't it? It suggests hard, monotonous, brain-numbing work - performing the same task over and over and over again until you've produced the desired results - whether that's harvesting the requisite amount of something or fine-tuning a skill until it's up to standard.... read more

How to have fun in GTA Online without spending any money

Postby PCG The_B » 22 Oct 2013, 15:34

An autumnal game of GTA Conkers: You'll need two Cargobobs - each player takes a cargobob and selects their conker. And by conker I mean car. You then have to try swinging the car to destroy the other cargobob's car. The winner is the one who's car remains intact... or helicopter I'm not sure I don't think I've managed to play it with anyone surviving to the end of a round yet.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Re: How to have fun in GTA Online without spending any money

Postby Decent_Jam » 22 Oct 2013, 18:33

I like the sound of these, perhaps I shall give them a try later...
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Postby Nero Creed » 22 Oct 2013, 18:57

I'll be picking this up soon and i'll try a few, Some just seem like trolling though.

I do the "Last to open their parachute" game on Saints Row, It's fun but you can't go high enough or do tricks.

I've saw that the game has snow. If this changes regular snow ball fights and sledding would be fun.
Nero Creed 24

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Oct 2013, 19:08

Helocopter fights are fun, though its a shame they don't really take damage beyond maybe losing the rotors, normally one just explodes
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby PCG The_B » 22 Oct 2013, 19:34

Nero Creed wrote:I've saw that the game has snow. If this changes regular snow ball fights and sledding would be fun.

The story occasionally goes into a snowy area but it's separate from the main part. As far as I know there's no way to access it in multiplayer though I'd be surprised if it doesn't get added later in some form.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Bezza89 » 22 Oct 2013, 19:43

There's a few death matches there I think, no free roaming, but has anyone really flown out far enough yet?
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby battfink83 » 22 Oct 2013, 22:21

whenever any friends invite me into their homes, i like to see how many fag butts and empty pibbwaser bottles i can build up on their carpet.... fun to me...

apart from that, rolling sticky car bomb petrol station smashy time is always fun with friends........
battfink83 54

Postby sexualchocolate » 22 Oct 2013, 23:42

Last edited by sexualchocolate on 25 Oct 2013, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
sexualchocolate 42

Postby Joe90_Remy700 » 23 Oct 2013, 10:22

ok so where are the cargo bob's? cant for the life of me find them, i've stalked around the army base using the camera as bino's but cant spot any, and cant find any in airport either. conkers sounds great
GT: heart attak joe
Joe90_Remy700 47

Postby EdDeRs1 » 23 Oct 2013, 11:45

did anyone else do the parachute thing on Spider Man 2? but with webs? you just climb to the top of the Empire State building and jump off, I once won when I managed to hit a lamp post with the webbing
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby happpydays » 23 Oct 2013, 18:45

this game really is a shambles .a really big thumbs down from me .what a joke .rockstar your game was the biggest game of the year its become the biggest joke .everybody is doing the money glitch its just not worth playing the game there no challange or natural prograssion its about who can glitch the most money absoloute garbage
:twisted:
happpydays 37

Postby mackered » 23 Oct 2013, 20:04

Must admit, I've kind of lost interest and now understand why devs are keen to keep the game in your drive. When I hit the multiplayer problems I started playing other things and now just can't seem to get motivated to go back to it. Tried once, loads of random people driving around blowing stuff up (to much in game cash and too little sense), thought "I can't be ars..d with this" and backed out.

Maybe I will go back to buy an apt when we get free money, maybe not.
Last one out, don't forget to switch the lights off!
mackered 59

Postby happpydays » 23 Oct 2013, 21:48

mackered wrote:Must admit, I've kind of lost interest and now understand why devs are keen to keep the game in your drive. When I hit the multiplayer problems I started playing other things and now just can't seem to get motivated to go back to it. Tried once, loads of random people driving around blowing stuff up (to much in game cash and too little sense), thought "I can't be ars..d with this" and backed out.

Maybe I will go back to buy an apt when we get free money, maybe not.

yeah the game is ruined broken what ever other name you can give it . i enjoyed it at first now i f----ing hate it .whats the point in the game .bring on cod ghosts and battlefield
happpydays 37

Postby marshmellowsam » 27 Oct 2013, 17:08

I wish everyone on GTA online actually played the game instead of glitching its achievements. If anyone likes to play the game like a normal person without all the glitches and money, or even a crew that doesn't glitch and likes to just have fun please get in touch. I want to have fun not hide like a little girl from all the tanks when im online :p
marshmellowsam 1

Postby Biblios » 27 Oct 2013, 21:52

Had an interesting 15 minutes watching the dynamics of a traffic jam created by stealing a lorry and parking it across a two-way road near a T-junction outside my apartment. Had at least 15 cars altogether backed up in both directions and down the steep hill of the side road. Most sat patiently, but some started shunting to get out of the way. Another just did a U-turn and drove away.

At least two NPCs (didn't notice whether they were drivers or just passers by) got in the cab to move the lorry although I didn't let them. As time went on more drivers got impatient and tried to gut themselves unstuck. Must try it again and let the passer by shift the lorry. Also, another driver had a little difficulty keeping his car still on the steep side road.
Biblios 28

Next