to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Battlefield 4 single player trailer punches a dog in the

Your comments on our articles.

"Somehow I don't think that's entirely accidental," suggests Aoife

What do you mean, you'd forgotten that Battlefield 4 has a single player mode? Good heavens, the internet has talked of literally nothing else since DICE revealed the game in March. This year's offering isn't your usual corridor crawl, either - according to preliminary reports, it's a much roomier corridor crawl with naturalistic leaf shadows, and you can shoot through the walls. Also, one of your squadmates gets to punch a dog. Hmm, that could almost be a reference to something or other. Isn't there another game out soon that has a dog in it?... read more

New Battlefield 4 single player trailer punches a dog in the

Postby SilentDark » 22 Oct 2013, 16:36

And a PETA complaint incoming in 3...2...1.

I hope the lady doesn't end up as A) Straw Feminist, any time anyone questions her she puts it down to them "not liking women as team members" and B) Love interest for the best looking guy on the squad, because as we all know men and women can't have platonic friendships. :wink:
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Re: New Battlefield 4 single player trailer punches a dog in

Postby Faroutdude » 22 Oct 2013, 16:55

Cool trailer also I may be a bit biased because I hate dogs
(Just joking dog lovers)
Xbox One Day One
Faroutdude 11

Postby TronZler » 22 Oct 2013, 17:26

Nice trailer! I had to come back here just to watch it as for some reason it wouldn't show on my 360. I sincerely hope when the One arrives that i'll be able to do my internet things on it as theres just no point me even trying to do half of it on 360,plus this P.C is a pain so please Microsoft,make my life easier,thanks!

Thinking more an more that B4 will be a day one purchase for me now,especially when the likes of Destiny and Titanfall aren't till later.
TronZler 23

Postby xHDx » 22 Oct 2013, 17:58

SilentDark wrote:And a PETA complaint incoming in 3...2...1.

I hope the lady doesn't end up as A) Straw Feminist, any time anyone questions her she puts it down to them "not liking women as team members" and B) Love interest for the best looking guy on the squad, because as we all know men and women can't have platonic friendships. :wink:

PETA can go suck a dick because they wont win over anything. BF looks too good to be pulled down by a company who has a pathetic background. I wonder; have they actually accomplished anything?

This game should be epic, although im not sure if I made a mistake by getting it on X360 instead of next-gen.
xHDx 24

Postby J288gto » 22 Oct 2013, 18:45

@HD You may have made a mistake mate. 64 players in CQ on the One was the kicker for me plus the bump up in graphic detail. The campaign looks pretty good for when I get round to playing it.

I love dogs but that was one satisfying punch to CO,.,.. sorry that pup. :lol:
J288gto 26

Postby xPearse » 22 Oct 2013, 21:21

You know what the dog punch was attacking..... you guys always attack COD like some pathetic school yard bully. DICE and their over bloated ego, go make bad company 2.
xPearse 26

Postby TippiestRook99 » 22 Oct 2013, 21:25

xPearse wrote:You know what the dog punch was attacking..... you guys always attack COD like some pathetic school yard bully. DICE and their over bloated ego, go make bad company 2.

They already made Bad Company 2 four years ago.
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 54

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Oct 2013, 21:31

xPearse wrote:You know what the dog punch was attacking..... you guys always attack COD like some pathetic school yard bully. DICE and their over bloated ego, go make bad company 2.

Where does this irrational hatred of Dice come from? Did they kill your parents in a dark alley and force you to train your whole life to seek vengeance?

And by attacking CoD I assume you mean the callous and hurtful way OXM consistently give it nines and tens out of ten every year? The bastards, how do they sleep at night?
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby TippiestRook99 » 22 Oct 2013, 21:40

CunningSmile wrote:The bastards, how do they sleep at night?

Their evil I tell you acknowledging Dice and viciously mauling JRPGs from their 80 foot tall doom fortress.

TippiestRook99 54

Postby lazercut123 » 22 Oct 2013, 21:40

CunningSmile wrote:And by attacking CoD I assume you mean the callous and hurtful way OXM consistently give it nines and tens out of ten every year? The bastards, how do they sleep at night?

They gave Black ops 2 an eight. :lol:
"I fear being nothing, I fear having no thought, no feeling, no joy or sadness, I fear nothingness. And spiders." - Me.
lazercut123 54

Postby battfink83 » 22 Oct 2013, 22:25

CunningSmile wrote:
xPearse wrote:And by attacking CoD I assume you mean the callous and hurtful way OXM consistently give it nines and tens out of ten every year? The bastards, how do they sleep at night?

nope i think he was still ranting about dice, the evil bastardos....... COD is still shite though....... :wink:
battfink83 47

Postby TippiestRook99 » 22 Oct 2013, 22:26

battfink83 wrote:nope i think he was still ranting about dice, the evil bastardos....... COD is still shite though....... :wink:

Typical OXM fanboy. :wink:

TippiestRook99 54

Postby Funkcase » 23 Oct 2013, 00:13

Heh, I too assumed this wasn't accidental as soon as seen the title :lol:
Funkcase 26

Postby dreamville » 23 Oct 2013, 08:49

I don't think this is new, I saw this footage a while ago in some COD:Ghosts Vs BF4 video. Also as someone who's generally on the fence, I played around with the beta on the 360 and I don't know whether it was the fact that it was a beta or that it was on the 360 or both but I have to say the destruction wasn't that satisfying and I only saw the skyscraper fall one way; the same way as in the all the videos so I think it may be scripted I mean depending on how you shoot at it or what you shoot it with the outcome should change but then again I only saw it fall a few times(so if I'm wrong correct me). Anyhow I kinda see BF as the PES of FPS, it's got all these new innovations and God is it pretty while 'Fifa" is the same every year, except it's not the same every year there're these little tweaks that it make it so much fun. And in the end, that's what sells(I assume) but that being said 64 players does seem like a lot of fun....
dreamville 26

Postby xPearse » 23 Oct 2013, 15:47

Was talking to DICE and not you guys in the comments, probably should have worded that better. Also my beef with DICE is that I don't like how they operate, they take events trending in real life and say hey put that in a game to let people know we are current and buy our games. Afghanistan and Iran for their games, what's next china..... oh wait. They also bash COD like some idiot who doesn't know when to stop, they create competition where there isn't any with COD to get people talking about their games.

TippiestRook99 wrote:

They already made Bad Company 2 four years ago.

Meaning that it was bad, the first one is better.
xPearse 26

Next