to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

"Xbox, snap that" - the best Xbox One apps for gamers

Your comments on our articles.

It's not just about Skype calls and Netflix, you know

You probably won't buy an Xbox One for the apps, however urgently Microsoft trumpets the convergence of gaming and "broad entertainment" pursuits, but you may be pleasantly surprised by what they can do. The console's partitioned OS is designed to make life easier for developers of both games and apps - each party gets a dedicated (albeit scalable) slice of RAM and processing power, with no fear of performance-killing overlap.... read more

"Xbox, snap that" - the best Xbox One apps for gamers

Postby TronZler » 23 Oct 2013, 13:18

I think all the apps there have great potential,i'm just worried a lot of people could miss out on things if they don't have a tablet or such to use these things. I mean,from what i understand of DR3,that particular companion through the app is only available by using that,an we're talking about missiles raining hell on the zombies,which seems a shame that we could miss out on that if we don't have a tablet.
I've never been one for using the internet with small screens anyway,just have to see how it goes i guess.

I'm looking forward to checking out the Upload stuff though,in tune with that,i'm kinda hoping since it was revealed you can film cutscenes in Spark,an have real people provide animations for the models,to make little films say. I might leave the gamemaking to people who know better,an i'll just shove on my Directors hat an shout ACTION. We'll see!?
TronZler 23

Re:

Postby SilentDark » 23 Oct 2013, 13:31

What, no killsat app for the ultimate ragequit? That's kinda lame. :lol:
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Re: Re:

Postby OXM ETboy » 23 Oct 2013, 13:35

SilentDark wrote:What, no killsat app for the ultimate ragequit? That's kinda lame. :lol:

I'd tap it!
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Re:

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Oct 2013, 20:43

am I the only one not really bothered by Smartglass, it's neat and all and could be nice occasionally, but if all games start having it then it will be annoying. I understand its optional but you know how it is, they'll dump so much stuff on it you'd be silly not to use it - trying to play a game while trying to unlock my phones screen to swipe the map or something could get annoying
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Re:

Postby mackered » 23 Oct 2013, 20:53

I want a pantomime app. One that yells "he's behind you!!!!" When I'm playing battlefield.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Re:

Postby Bin Boy Billy » 23 Oct 2013, 21:41

TronZler wrote:I think all the apps there have great potential,i'm just worried a lot of people could miss out on things if they don't have a tablet or such to use these things. I mean,from what i understand of DR3,that particular companion through the app is only available by using that,an we're talking about missiles raining hell on the zombies,which seems a shame that we could miss out on that if we don't have a tablet.
I've never been one for using the internet with small screens anyway,just have to see how it goes i guess.

I'm looking forward to checking out the Upload stuff though,in tune with that,i'm kinda hoping since it was revealed you can film cutscenes in Spark,an have real people provide animations for the models,to make little films say. I might leave the gamemaking to people who know better,an i'll just shove on my Directors hat an shout ACTION. We'll see!?

I think you can also use it on smartphones. Ed, am I correct?
Bin Boy Billy 31

Postby Maximus T » 23 Oct 2013, 22:14

Bin Boy Billy wrote:
TronZler wrote:I think all the apps there have great potential,i'm just worried a lot of people could miss out on things if they don't have a tablet or such to use these things. I mean,from what i understand of DR3,that particular companion through the app is only available by using that,an we're talking about missiles raining hell on the zombies,which seems a shame that we could miss out on that if we don't have a tablet.

I think you can also use it on smartphones. Ed, am I correct?

I think you are. I can download the current smartglass app on my iPod touch so the new version will most likely be available in that format. I think in terms of marketing, tablets are simply the best example to give nowadays.
#browns
Maximus T 62

Postby OXM ETboy » 24 Oct 2013, 08:30

mackered wrote:I want a pantomime app. One that yells "he's behind you!!!!" When I'm playing battlefield.

This also, I would tap.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Decent_Jam » 24 Oct 2013, 23:30

OXM ETboy wrote:
mackered wrote:I want a pantomime app. One that yells "he's behind you!!!!" When I'm playing battlefield.

This also, I would tap.

Getting lonesome in your own age? Or have you just fallen out with Debra again?
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Re:

Postby TronZler » 25 Oct 2013, 01:21

The irony of my first post in this thread,is it was from a not having a tablet perspective. In the last two hours i've been given one for nothing by someone who just upgraded to an ipad mini,bizarre! Taking into account it actually works,though they did say its slow,i should be able to rain missile hell on zombies now,which is nice.

I still do however share the same concerns as Rodent,as thats why i'm not into screens on controllers,its just taking your eyes off the main screen. Will give it all a go though. Its just new an unkown i guess?
TronZler 23

Re:

Postby Nero Creed » 25 Oct 2013, 03:45

I have a blackberry tablet so i can't use Smartglass :(

I don't like the idea of having another screen that you look at. I'm more intrested in Multiplayer or co-op stuff. I like how someone sitting next to you on a tablet can play as air support on The Division. Stuff like that looks more intresting then calling in missiles that could be done with a controller.
Nero Creed 17

Re:

Postby mackered » 25 Oct 2013, 18:50

Also the commander app for bf so I can call peeps to where my skull last appeared on the map
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50