to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo Xbox One - will 343 strike out for new horizons, or pla

Your comments on our articles.

Thoughts from Ed on the future of Microsoft's tentpole franchise

"We aren't told, we're asked," was how Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt summed up Microsoft's handling of first party studio projects back in July. A cynical man might object that "asking" sounds awfully like "telling" when the people doing the "asking" pay your wages, adding that for the work of a studio with freedom to manoeuvre, Forza Motorsport 5 looks rather a lot like a game built for the purposes of a hardware marketing message. Known internally as "flagship", the new racer is a thunderous, comprehensive advertisement for the Xbox One's each and every buzz-feature, from Kinect support through remote processing to the controller's motorised triggers.... read more

Halo Xbox One - will 343 strike out for new horizons, or pla

Postby Craphex » 23 Oct 2013, 16:28

Man I can't wait to see a next gen Halo game, and if it's anything like the leaked info of having your own ship and going open world then woo!
Craphex 11

Re: Halo Xbox One - will 343 strike out for new horizons, or

Postby OXM ETboy » 23 Oct 2013, 16:30

Craphex wrote:having your own ship and going open world

:shock:

Where did your read that?
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Craphex » 23 Oct 2013, 16:56

Could all be lies but this has been floating around: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/suppo ... 453449349/
Chief's gone rogue and has his own ship to explore 6 - 8 planets.
Craphex 11

Postby SilentDark » 23 Oct 2013, 16:59

I wouldn't mind a game away from the main conflict, maybe a Spartan gone rogue who lives on the fringes of civilization, taking mercenary work to get by, that kind of thing.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby b0dd1c3 » 23 Oct 2013, 17:04

I read the whole having your own ship and exploring different planets, not that I didn't like the idea I'm taking it as a rumour rather than leaked information.
b0dd1c3 38

Postby OXM ETboy » 23 Oct 2013, 17:08

Craphex wrote:Could all be lies but this has been floating around: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/suppo ... 453449349/
Chief's gone rogue and has his own ship to explore 6 - 8 planets.

Intriguing stuff. Sounds like Destiny has direct competition, assuming it's legit.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Oct 2013, 17:13

SilentDark wrote:I wouldn't mind a game away from the main conflict, maybe a Spartan gone rogue who lives on the fringes of civilization, taking mercenary work to get by, that kind of thing.

One of the books deals with a group of spartans that do something kind of similar, they're not rogue but certainly undercover - Cole Protocol I think it was called, pretty good it was I thought it was
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Maximus T » 23 Oct 2013, 18:42

Metalrodent wrote:
SilentDark wrote:I wouldn't mind a game away from the main conflict, maybe a Spartan gone rogue who lives on the fringes of civilization, taking mercenary work to get by, that kind of thing.

One of the books deals with a group of spartans that do something kind of similar, they're not rogue but certainly undercover - Cole Protocol I think it was called, pretty good it was I thought it was

That actually sounds great! I just don't know of any locations where that would occur- it would definitely give a greater feel into the civilisations of the galaxy rather than simply intergalactic war. It would certainly augment the story positively.

I would also be interested in operations back in the early Spartan 2 days, with all the red, blue, green etc. teams and their relevant crew. How about some flashback levels. :twisted: Especially since 343 are digging into John's humanity and story.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby xPearse » 23 Oct 2013, 21:28

Sounds too good to be true but it can't be any worse than Halo 4..... or Reach...... or ODST..... or Halo Wars.
xPearse 26

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Oct 2013, 21:41

xPearse wrote:Sounds too good to be true but it can't be any worse than Halo 4..... or Reach...... or ODST..... or Halo Wars.

Well as they were all good fun games* then yes it could be worse :lol:

*yes this is my opinion, but it cannot be said they were broken they played well and weren't glitchfests
Metalrodent 67

Postby Maximus T » 23 Oct 2013, 22:10

Metalrodent wrote:
xPearse wrote:Sounds too good to be true but it can't be any worse than Halo 4..... or Reach...... or ODST..... or Halo Wars.

Well as they were all good fun games* then yes it could be worse :lol:

*yes this is my opinion, but it cannot be said they were broken they played well and weren't glitchfests

I agree with rodent. Reach and ODST are my favourite two in the series, I don't understand what's not to like about them. As for Halo Wars, that isn't even the same genre so I don't know how you think you can compare it in this manner. It is only a Halo game in that it shares the universe. There are no other similarities.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Postby xPearse » 24 Oct 2013, 15:46

Reach was a Retcon to the Halo story and lore, the story and multiplayer was really trashy and started a trend taking the game play from what it shouldn't be and then Halo 4 happened. ODST also had a shit story and forcing us to buy the Halo 3 DLC over again after everyone already bought it was just a cheap shot. Both can be fun but most of the time it's a nightmare.

How the hell can Reach and ODST be your favourite, Halo 2 is easily the king of Halo games.
xPearse 26

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 15:59

xPearse wrote:Reach was a Retcon to the Halo story and lore, the story and multiplayer was really trashy and started a trend taking the game play from what it shouldn't be and then Halo 4 happened. ODST also had a shit story and forcing us to buy the Halo 3 DLC over again after everyone already bought it was just a cheap shot. Both can be fun but most of the time it's a nightmare.

How the hell can Reach and ODST be your favourite, Halo 2 is easily the king of Halo games.

That one that even Bungie admit they mucked up the end of? That's your favourite? And personally I thought ODST had the strongest story of any of them, certainly the most appealing support cast, so it's probably just a taste thing.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby TippiestRook99 » 24 Oct 2013, 16:01

xPearse wrote:How the hell can Reach and ODST be your favourite, Halo 2 is easily the king of Halo games.

Maybe,just maybe.People may like something different then what you like.Shock to the system I know.
And that's why my butt hurts - Troy Baker - Men in Black:Alien Crisis

Since having a blog is mainstream these days.
http://eternalshag78.wordpress.com/
TippiestRook99 54

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Oct 2013, 16:17

CunningSmile wrote:that one that even Bungie admit they mucked up the end of? That's your favourite?

It's possibly my fave, though that could be because it was the first I played. I personally had no problem with the ending, sure it left some things unexplained but then it was obviously a set up for the 3rd, it's no different to many film/tv franchise endings
Last edited by Metalrodent on 24 Oct 2013, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.
Metalrodent 67

Next