to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Ghosts has "fantastic graphics" on Xbox One, r

Your comments on our articles.

Some features simply weren't possible on Xbox 360

"This game runs like a dog" is generally an insult, but what if your game lets you play as a dog? Chatting to OXM as part of a feature you'll read in our latest issue, on sale Friday, Infinity Ward's executive producer Mark Rubin has said a bit more about the visual gulf between the current gen and Xbox One versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts.... read more

Call of Duty: Ghosts has "fantastic graphics" on Xbox One, r

Postby Neil H » 23 Oct 2013, 18:41

So it is definitely running at 1080p? i'm personally not that bothered if it is or isn't, but as i'm sure your aware there's a massive s***-storm brewing at the moment in regards to the games resolution :|
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts has "fantastic graphics" on Xbox On

Postby OXM ETboy » 23 Oct 2013, 18:42

I've asked Rubin to comment on that, but not had any word back just yet. He's in a different timezone, so if we hear I guess it'll be overnight.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby OXM ETboy » 23 Oct 2013, 18:49

I see this is up on Da GAF. Just a quick note, for any gentlemen and ladies of the GAF persuasion - I changed the headline within a minute or two of publishing this thing, because as people are pointing out, it created the impression that Rubin thinks the Xbox One version is superior-looking overall. Sorry for the confusion. It honestly wasn't deliberate. Please don't hurt me. xxx :)
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby happpydays » 23 Oct 2013, 18:52

this game looks fantastico .i personally cant wait .im sure its not gonna be a glitchers wonder world where every one is cheating there way through the game
happpydays 31

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Oct 2013, 18:54

I should hope it looks good, the current gen games barely seem to have visually improved since CoD 4 (Though I guess that speaks well for it)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby schubacca » 23 Oct 2013, 19:06

Neil H wrote:So it is definitely running at 1080p? i'm personally not that bothered if it is or isn't, but as i'm sure your aware there's a massive s***-storm brewing at the moment in regards to the games resolution :|

The storm is from a site that is just looking to tee-off on MS.

So much so, that many on that site are asking MS, not the publisher, for confirmation that this game will be 1080p native.

The question that these so-called gamers cannot answer is where is the focus on games?

Instead we have a tech debate with those that do not understand tech....

I don't understand tech..... I do understand games. And nothing that I have seen on X1 is embarrassing thus far...
schubacca 34

Postby Grummy » 23 Oct 2013, 19:19

I hate GAFers, they make PC elitists look level headed and reasonable.

I've actually been having an interesting discussion about this with a guy on Reddit, my angle is that the specifics of 1080p/60FPS or not don't matter that much because the games on the next gen machines DO look better and WILL be bigger, which is the most important thing.

His angle is that whilst right now everything will be OK, if this generation is supposed to last 10 years, that after about 5 or 6 years these machines will be way too far behind, which will be a particular problem when 4K TVs become prevalent. I'm not so sure 4K TVs will become installed in such large numbers by the end of this decade tbh, so I disagree with him on this score, but it's been an interesting discussion nonetheless.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby happpydays » 23 Oct 2013, 19:20

Metalrodent wrote:I should hope it looks good, the current gen games barely seem to have visually improved since CoD 4 (Though I guess that speaks well for it)

i have too disagrea there look at mw3 and black ops 2 grapicaly far far far superior with out a doubt
happpydays 31

Postby Bezza89 » 23 Oct 2013, 19:31

Grummy wrote:I've actually been having an interesting discussion about this with a guy on Reddit, my angle is that the specifics of 1080p/60FPS or not don't matter that much because the games on the next gen machines DO look better and WILL be bigger, which is the most important thing.

There isn't much notable difference between 720p and 1080p, unless your tv is bigger than 37'', and even then it only makes everything sharper. Same with framerate, whilst having a bajillion fps is smoother than a mirror, 30fps is still very passable, I'm not even sure BF3 hits 30 and it plays fine. More is always better but the differences are only there if you're looking, the average person wont notice or give a fupp.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby Neil H » 23 Oct 2013, 19:40

OXM ETboy wrote:I've asked Rubin to comment on that, but not had any word back just yet. He's in a different timezone, so if we hear I guess it'll be overnight.

No worries - I suspect when he does wake up he's gonna have to brace himself for an onslaught, probably best he just stays in bed :|
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby zico291 » 23 Oct 2013, 19:53

I agree with GAF I think it is going to be 720p. Why? look at the videos on IGN you can stream all the PS4 ones in 1080p, all the Xbox One videos can only be streamed in 720p.

Also the fact that no-one has replied back as well.....
zico291 18

Postby schubacca » 23 Oct 2013, 19:58

Grummy wrote:I hate GAFers, they make PC elitists look level headed and reasonable.

I've actually been having an interesting discussion about this with a guy on Reddit, my angle is that the specifics of 1080p/60FPS or not don't matter that much because the games on the next gen machines DO look better and WILL be bigger, which is the most important thing.

His angle is that whilst right now everything will be OK, if this generation is supposed to last 10 years, that after about 5 or 6 years these machines will be way too far behind, which will be a particular problem when 4K TVs become prevalent. I'm not so sure 4K TVs will become installed in such large numbers by the end of this decade tbh, so I disagree with him on this score, but it's been an interesting discussion nonetheless.

Yeah, I don't think that either system is going to last 10 years....

5 years max.
schubacca 34

Postby something fishy » 23 Oct 2013, 20:04

zico291 wrote:I agree with GAF I think it is going to be 720p. Why? look at the videos on IGN you can stream all the PS4 ones in 1080p, all the Xbox One videos can only be streamed in 720p.

Also the fact that no-one has replied back as well.....

not sure why that'd prove anything? the xb one will upscale to 1080p as standard.

this is about the internal rendering, not the res ign put a captured video up at.

agree with the above it's a shame this all seems to matter more than games now. Trying to remember why we are gamers now.
something fishy 31

Postby mackered » 23 Oct 2013, 20:12

Bezza89 wrote:There isn't much notable difference between 720p and 1080p, unless your tv is bigger than 37'', and even then it only makes everything sharper. Same with framerate, whilst having a bajillion fps is smoother than a mirror, 30fps is still very passable, I'm not even sure BF3 hits 30 and it plays fine. More is always better but the differences are only there if you're looking, the average person wont notice or give a fupp.

Need to disagree there, sorry. Just picked up a copy of a game on PC that I've played on xbox. Side by sided them and there is just no comparison. I used both a 32" monitor and a 42" TV and on both the level of detail is just so much greater. In 1080p you find stuff that is just invisible on the xbox. Roll on xbox one 1080p. It's doing my minor OCD head in just picking up all the rubbish lol.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby Bezza89 » 23 Oct 2013, 20:19

Of course it's different, you're directly comparing to probably anal levels, tell me, did playing the game at 720p affect your enjoyment of it, were you constantly quipping that the game would only be enjoyed if you could play it in 1080p resolution? Or did you buy it again because you enjoyed it so much before?

It doesn't matter, most people don't care.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Next