to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Resident Evil creator: there's "no real difference" in next

Your comments on our articles.

Shinji Mikami says there's "no real difference" between Xbox One and PS4

In an interview with Edge Magazine, Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami said he believed the difference between the Xbox One and its rival the PS4 were minimal.... read more

Resident Evil creator: there's "no real difference" in next

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 10:29

So that's two pretty experienced developers (the other being Carmack) saying there isn't any real difference. Can everyone please knock it on the head with the endless (very boring) spec comparisons now? All the meaningless numbers really make my head hurt.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Resident Evil creator: there's "no real difference" in n

Postby FishyGinger » 24 Oct 2013, 10:37

Sorry but no Cunning. The new vita runs games at 70fps/s. The xbox can't handle that.

First person shooters per second for those not in the knows like Iams cat.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Thos. » 24 Oct 2013, 10:48

CunningSmile wrote:So that's two pretty experienced developers (the other being Carmack) saying there isn't any real difference. Can everyone please knock it on the head with the endless (very boring) spec comparisons now? All the meaningless numbers really make my head hurt.

Really? I'm fascinated by this stuff! I love how the Wii was so underpowered but successful. I love how Microsoft managed to squeeze more power of out of the One after the hardware was locked down. I'm not convinced by THE CLOUD, but I'm interested in where it can and can't boost a game's appearance. I don't know much about specs but I'm really interested in seeing how close cross platform games will finally look. It's all good to me!
Thos. 43

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 11:06

Thos. wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:So that's two pretty experienced developers (the other being Carmack) saying there isn't any real difference. Can everyone please knock it on the head with the endless (very boring) spec comparisons now? All the meaningless numbers really make my head hurt.

Really? I'm fascinated by this stuff! I love how the Wii was so underpowered but successful. I love how Microsoft managed to squeeze more power of out of the One after the hardware was locked down. I'm not convinced by THE CLOUD, but I'm interested in where it can and can't boost a game's appearance. I don't know much about specs but I'm really interested in seeing how close cross platform games will finally look. It's all good to me!

That stuff I do find interesting because most of it is in English and particularly the Wii's success is a human nature study rather than a spec thing. What I want to see an end of is the endless posts that basically amount to a string of numbers and end in "...so as you can see the <insert console> has won the war."

It's somewhere between a glorified game of Top Trumps and a pissing contest, means almost nothing to anyone other than the person posting and is frankly boring, especially when the people arguing about it aren't usually the people in any real position to know anything about how those specs are going to be used, which with my (admittedly limited) understanding seems much more important then a list of numbers.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby jttwister09 » 24 Oct 2013, 16:03

This maybe be the best game horror game to come along in a long time
jttwister09 25

Postby mackered » 24 Oct 2013, 20:19

What I want to know is: when it rains, are those bits falling out of the clouds? Maybe that's what happened to my halo saves.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby usernameistaken1 » 24 Oct 2013, 22:03

i wish this were true but if it were xbox1 would have as many 1080p games as ps4 or wii u which is way weaker than both
i won't be a rockstar i will be a legend freddie motherf****ing mercury
usernameistaken1 33

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 22:07

usernameistaken1 wrote:i wish this were true but if it were xbox1 would have as many 1080p games as ps4 or wii u which is way weaker than both

What possible reason would he have to lie? What reason would Carmack of id software have to say the same? Neither work for Microsoft or any studio directly affiliated with MS, in fact both actually have better reasons for bad mouthing the Xbox
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ChaoticP » 25 Oct 2013, 06:17

usernameistaken1 wrote:i wish this were true but if it were xbox1 would have as many 1080p games as ps4 or wii u which is way weaker than both

Exclusives running at 1080p on Xbox One: Forza 5.

Exclusives running at 1080p on PS4: Killzone: Shadowfall

Seems they have the number if you ask me.
ChaoticP 47

Postby games1master_uk » 25 Oct 2013, 07:44

The power of the xbox one is coming from cloud. The way i understand it all the xbox one really does is put a picture up on the screen with cloud running all the important stuff. So taking the preasure of the xbox one cpu's and gpu's. What im worried about most is ram. The xbox360 really did need more ram. To allow the xbox one to put all the information on the screen and future proof it i think they should of dumped 16 gig of ram in the blighter.

What i understand is the ps4 dont work like that everything comes from the disk so it needs more in the box. What microsoft have been saying is cloud should be doing all the processing of graphics leaving the xbox one just to process the images and ai. Though i believe cloud can also handle ai.
games1master_uk 50

Postby leeboyopm » 25 Oct 2013, 22:23

I beleave in xone I don't care about type of ram what has all I know is I trust my live account on live I wouldn't on psn after stepson got hacked 3 times I prefer X controller I love forza and halo and the whole snap mode and milty task had me sold straight away Kinect looks real epic this time don't care about motion control but I want an extender to controller face mapping recognition to me xone looks next gen not all about specs
leeboyopm 26

Postby Decent_Jam » 26 Oct 2013, 18:58

leeboyopm wrote:I beleave in xone I don't care about type of ram what has all I know is I trust my live account on live I wouldn't on psn after stepson got hacked 3 times I prefer X controller I love forza and halo and the whole snap mode and milty task had me sold straight away Kinect looks real epic this time don't care about motion control but I want an extender to controller face mapping recognition to me xone looks next gen not all about specs

I like your enthusiasm, I also like punctuation.

I really hope this console meets people's high expectations. I'm not so fussed about the battle between the two so long as I get what I pay for in terms of value.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Xbox One : Titanfall, Battlefield 4, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, head to OXM Nights for a meet up.
Decent_Jam 58

Postby mackered » 26 Oct 2013, 19:03

For me, the choice of console came down to the most ridiculous (but to me important) of reasons, I don't like play station controllers.

I came late to console gaming, was a PC gamer so even using a controller at all was a novelty. I just could not get used to the ps one.
mackered 50

Postby Grummy » 26 Oct 2013, 19:06

mackered wrote:For me, the choice of console came down to the most ridiculous (but to me important) of reasons, I don't like play station controllers.

I came late to console gaming, was a PC gamer so even using a controller at all was a novelty. I just could not get used to the ps one.

That's not ridiculous, it's far more valid than the possibility of small differences in graphical quality that really won't make any difference. You will be holding that pad for thousands of hours over the coming years, the last thing you want is to be using one that you find uncomfortable, although from what I'm hearing the PS4 pad is nearly as good as the Xbox 360s, with only the thumbstick placement still being a bit awkward.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator

Postby mackered » 26 Oct 2013, 19:14

Grummy wrote:
mackered wrote:For me, the choice of console came down to the most ridiculous (but to me important) of reasons, I don't like play station controllers.

That's not ridiculous, it's far more valid than the possibility of small differences in graphical quality that really won't make any difference. You will be holding that pad for thousands of hours over the coming years, the last thing you want is to be using one that you find uncomfortable, although from what I'm hearing the PS4 pad is nearly as good as the Xbox 360s, with only the thumbstick placement still being a bit awkward.

Thank you. I will probably buy a second controller and stick my day one edition away for posterity.
mackered 50

Next