Bulletstorm dev slams Xbox One and PS4 launch games - "nothi

Your comments on our articles.

Former People Can Fly man Adrian Chmielarz not too fussed about Ryse and Killzone

Not everybody's looking forward to the arrival of next generation console hardware, it seems. Gears of War: Judg(e)ment's creative director Adrian Chmielarz has Tweeted a couple of typically blunt observations about Xbox One and PS4's launch line-up, describing Ryse and Killzone in particular as "generic". Ouch.... read more

Bulletstorm dev slams Xbox One and PS4 launch games - "nothi

Postby Craphex » 24 Oct 2013, 12:02

Hopefully they are working on a new gears! Has to be at least one on next gen!
Craphex 14

Re: Bulletstorm dev slams Xbox One and PS4 launch games - "n

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 24 Oct 2013, 12:18

So a former people can fly dev. is complaining that other games don't look like anything special? Isn't this the same developer who took the Gears of War franchise with it's own niche (and large population of loyal fans who loved it) and then tried to adapt it to a more generic style shooter and almost killed off the franchise?

Seems to me that at the very least this is an unintelligent comment for him to make based on this alone...
Last edited by ImTehBAwsss on 24 Oct 2013, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 12:19

I make it a point not to agree with anyone who can't spell a fairly straight forward word like Judgement.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Funkcase » 24 Oct 2013, 12:21

There aren't any launch games I'm looking forward to, the only coming games I look forward to will be on xbox 360, Dark Souls 2 and Dragon age 3 (although that'll be on next-gen consoles too)
Funkcase 26

Postby Craphex » 24 Oct 2013, 12:25

CunningSmile wrote:I make it a point not to agree with anyone who can't spell a fairly straight forward word like Judgement.

Ahh! Judgment annoyed me so much!
Craphex 14

Postby Skipstream » 24 Oct 2013, 12:32

I kind of agree in that there is nothing 'next gen' other than visually is there? In gameplay terms there is nothing 'new'.

However, I do feel that there is potential in next gen (xbox particularly). I think the cloud processing part of the Xbox eco-system has great potential as it should, theoretically, be able to improve AI, learn from millions of online players to improve AI and take some of the processing requirements of the CPU and put in the cloud etc etc etc -

But, for me, it's the possibilities of Kinect - if they are not full of marketing BS then there is real potential. We've all heard that it can detect your heart beat etc - can detect body temperature etc. etc. - using biometrics to change gameplay mechanics sounds cool and promising. If they can use it of course.

What really counts for next gen though? Maybe it's about creating a more immersive experience? In which case then surely these new VR headsets could be it??

I'm not a game designer but right now all next gen seem to be just shinier old gen - fine by me for now - but I want something 'wow' something new for next gen.
Skipstream 52

Postby Timos798 » 24 Oct 2013, 12:37

CunningSmile wrote:I make it a point not to agree with anyone who can't spell a fairly straight forward word like Judgement.

He's Polish, English isn't his first language.
Timos798 1

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Oct 2013, 12:39

Timos798 wrote:

He's Polish, English isn't his first language.

So? You would have thought quality control may have noticed, and not having english as your first language is no obstacle to many
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby SilentDark » 24 Oct 2013, 12:46

I'll admit he may have a point, maybe it's a case of a pot uttering racist anti-kettle remarks but the only game coming out on next gen that I'm really interested in is AC4, and I can get that on my 360....so, not exactly great motivation for becoming an early adopter, at least as far as I go.
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 67

Postby Christopher Dack » 24 Oct 2013, 12:54

Is it ironic that some of you are doing what he is complaining about - to busy concentrating on the style rather then the content. He has a point where is the Goldeneye , the halo ?
Christopher Dack 25

Postby Neil H » 24 Oct 2013, 13:16

Game developers and their tweets....*sigh*
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 13:35

Christopher Dack wrote:Is it ironic that some of you are doing what he is complaining about - to busy concentrating on the style rather then the content. He has a point where is the Goldeneye , the halo ?

You can say the same about almost any console launch. Look at the 360 and 15 out of 20 launch titles were sequels or franchise entries, of the remaining 5 one was a movie tie in. With the PS3 it was 11/15. The fact you mention Halo and Goldeneye is ironic because Goldeneye wasn't a launch title for the N64 and Halo had been in development for some time as a Mac title before switching to Xbox. The launch titles are rarely the most innovative and experimental you'll get, largely because very few developers want to take a risk on cutting their audience so normally only produce cross gen titles. It's not until the console gets its feet under the table people produce just for that console and make the most of any new feature.

EDIT: Sorry should clarify I've listed launch titles from the US releases as they were the earliest launches that didn't have region specific games.
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby yunoyuluvit » 24 Oct 2013, 14:39

Craphex wrote:

Ahh! Judgment annoyed me so much!

It seems like you guys can't spell judgment.... :P

The spelling judgement (with 'e' added) is common in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context. In British English, the spelling judgment is correct when referring to a court's or judge's formal ruling, whereas the spelling judgement is used for other meanings.

Back on topic: personally, I have to agree. Now that Watchdogs has been pushed back, I am still pondering on whether or not to cancel my pre-order.
Gamertag: yunoyuluvit
yunoyuluvit 43

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Oct 2013, 15:14

yunoyuluvit wrote:
Craphex wrote:It seems like you guys can't spell judgment.... :P

The spelling judgement (with 'e' added) is common in the United Kingdom in a non-legal context. In British English, the spelling judgment is correct when referring to a court's or judge's formal ruling, whereas the spelling judgement is used for other meanings.

So you think Gears of War: Judgment was a hard hitting legal drama? Interesting interpretation, I thought it was a third person shooter about an alien invasion (I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide who was invading who) :lol:
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 24 Oct 2013, 15:25

CunningSmile wrote:
So you think Gears of War: Judgment was a hard hitting legal drama? Interesting interpretation, I thought it was a third person shooter about an alien invasion (I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide who was invading who) :lol:

You're partially right. On the new game+ mode you play as Judge Judy, gavelling monsters in the head. So either could be used.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Next