Free GTA Online money won't be released till "progress loss

Your comments on our articles.

More news "soon", says developer

Looking forward to the first instalment of GTA Online Stimulus money this week, a cool $250,000 of $500,000 in total? I don't want to be a harbinger of doom, but I suspect you'll have to wait a bit longer. Writing on social media and its own forum, Rockstar has reiterated that it needs to make sure a glitch that causes player progress loss has been sorted before beaming over the funds.... read more

Free GTA Online money won't be released till "progress loss

Postby tony99 » 25 Oct 2013, 10:17

Looks like it's tinfoil hat time for the guy's over on the Rockstar forums! Personally I'm not fussed if we get the pretend money or not but you know what them kids are like! :lol:
tony99 18

Re: Free GTA Online money won't be released till "progress l

Postby happpydays » 25 Oct 2013, 10:53

i like this game but then i hate it at the same time .why is that people are still cheating there way through the game too me that has toook away the competativeness i for one like too do missions races etc etc too raise the cash too save too get the best thing when some c--t rollls up with a tank he brought from useing the still unresolved money glitch pissses me wright off this is my problem with the .may be its just me but too me its made the game seriously unfair
happpydays 37

Postby Metalrodent » 25 Oct 2013, 10:57

They keep digging themselves a hole, they should never have set a date for the money in the first place, rather just said straightaway we'll get it when the game is fixed
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Abe hikura » 25 Oct 2013, 11:42

Agreed, the need to stop giving us dates and details when its clearly not ready.

They keep release updates and proclaiming the game fixed only for them to receive a flood of reports

They need to stop talking about the content packs because we're not going see for a long whiles

Speaking of, if the hiests are any where near as profitable as they are in single player (Million plus) will the be more things to buy? You'll be able to buy the best house and a very nice car after your first one (or an tank if you have some funds all ready) I hope they add actual houses like Michaels
Abe hikura 54

Postby Mendes » 25 Oct 2013, 11:55

A few things....

Firstly, I haven't lost my progress, but I logged in last night and I'd gone bald!!! Haha! Cost me $450 for a hair transplant!

Secondly, I assume this delay on the cash also means my $1million beta testers gift will also be delayed, I'm in no hurry but I'm going to go on such a stripper binge when I get it, haha, hope they don't notice the hair transplant!!

Finally, on a more serious note, I'm wondering if they are going to reset everyone before the money gift, it would piss me and plenty of other people off I know but I'd accept it just so everyone is on a fairly level playing field, otherwise there'll be players with the advantage of farmed money and RP.

What do you guys think? Should they reset and how much would it rile you up if they did?
Mendes 35

Postby cbaf » 25 Oct 2013, 12:21

Happpydays, I agree with you but first of all you have to be level 75 to be able to buy the tank so he must have played it legit to get to that level and second of all its to not too!
cbaf 19

Postby GHOSTY05 » 25 Oct 2013, 12:56

I personally cannot stand the online game, too many underage kids yapping all the time and idiots just keep spawn killing you with sniper rifles.

When your a lower level you don't stand a chance as no matter how much money you have, you cannot buy anything in terms of weaponry!
GHOSTY05 44

Postby Mendes » 25 Oct 2013, 13:45

GHOSTY05 wrote:I personally cannot stand the online game, too many underage kids yapping all the time and idiots just keep spawn killing you with sniper rifles.

When your a lower level you don't stand a chance as no matter how much money you have, you cannot buy anything in terms of weaponry!

I feel some of your pain Ghosty, but you honestly shouldn't let it spoil your fun, me and 4 friends just played privately last night and it couldn't have been better, yeah we exchanged the odd shotgun shell by 'mistake' along with the odd expletive but we didn't have to put up with any griefing, plus I made $85k and went up 3 or 4 ranks.

If you can get online with like minded people it's a proper doss.

And cbaf didn't know it took to level 75 to get the tank, legit or not I still thought there was an exploit out there to farm RP. If he did get there legitimately I hope the poor sap found time for the odd shit, shave and shampoo.... for my sins I have to go to work!
Mendes 35

Postby fishclaws » 25 Oct 2013, 14:56

GHOSTY05 wrote:I personally cannot stand the online game, too many underage kids yapping all the time and idiots just keep spawn killing you with sniper rifles.

the benefits outweigh the costs - a game with a bunch of friends is amazing
when the sun shines - i feel the urge to eat apples
fishclaws 37

Postby danhalen74 » 25 Oct 2013, 15:18

its so simple. dont play with randoms. play in invite sessions only...get some mates and its fantastic!
I play video games, ride motorbikes and sing the blues.

facebook.com/BVgrooves
facebook.com/danhalen74
@danhalen74
danhalen7@hotmail.com
danhalen74 50

Postby usernameistaken1 » 26 Oct 2013, 00:35

this sucks because i am so broke in gta online
i won't be a rockstar i will be a legend freddie motherf****ing mercury
usernameistaken1 34

Postby Nero Creed » 26 Oct 2013, 03:05

I get the $500,000 and i haven't found 1 glitch online.MWAHAHAHA :twisted:

If people keep killing you play in passive mode. They can't kill you and nothing really changes.
Nero Creed 24

Postby ameshkin » 27 Oct 2013, 22:01

This is the problem I'm having today.

Constant freezing every time the game starts. multiplayer. solo. doesn't matter. it just freezes constantly now.
ameshkin 1

Postby Cal the dreaded » 30 Oct 2013, 01:28

danhalen74 wrote:its so simple. dont play with randoms. play in invite sessions only...get some mates and its fantastic!

hello dan, you are a really good friend. and great to play with are you getting ghost? :lol:
Cal the dreaded 1