to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Sega will re-release and remake more classic games if fans m

Your comments on our articles.

"The things staff members wanted to express in the past but couldn't are now possible with today's technology"

This year marks Sega's 30th anniversary, so it only makes sense that the company seems to be going through a bit of a mid-life crisis. After the abysmal reception of Aliens: Colonial Marines earlier this year and yet another batch of tepid review scores for the company's long put-upon mascot Sonic, Sega is now turning towards its fans and requesting their input and ideas for future console remakes and re-releases.... read more

Sega will re-release and remake more classic games if fans m

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 25 Oct 2013, 11:20

Skies of Arcadia needs a true remake, the ship and Gigas battles would look great on current gen and the normal combat system could do with an overhaul. Not knowing whether you character was going to do a ranged attack or not was kind of annoying.

The Rhaknam/Drachma scene was the first scene in a game that I got a little emotional over.
Johnbhoy69 55

Re: Sega will re-release and remake more classic games if fa

Postby Brimstone » 25 Oct 2013, 11:33

Oh boy, that's easy...

PANZER DRAGOON SAGA !

I also think Burning Rangers has been wanting a 2 or a reboot for some time now.
Brimstone 51

Postby s17pur » 25 Oct 2013, 12:43

Can't they just make Shenmue 3 instead?
s17pur 20

Postby J Meiser » 25 Oct 2013, 13:15

s17pur wrote:Can't they just make Shenmue 3 instead?

I second that opinion! We've been waiting AGES for Shenmue 3!!
J Meiser 40

Postby games1master_uk » 25 Oct 2013, 13:22

A new Streets of rage

Or streets if rage 2 remake

Eternal champions

Ecco on xbox one

Phantasy star online 2... but free to play on xbox live
games1master_uk 52

Postby SilentDark » 25 Oct 2013, 13:50

No no, grud no. I don't want remakes. I don't want the memories of my past tainted by attempts to update them. A new Streets of Rage or Shining Force, fine, but not a remake, never a remake.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby Faroutdude » 25 Oct 2013, 14:55

J Meiser wrote:
s17pur wrote:Can't they just make Shenmue 3 instead?

I second that opinion! We've been waiting AGES for Shenmue 3!!

Shenmue 3 would be awesome. If it was an Xbox One exclusive it would be a massive system seller too
Xbox One Day One
Faroutdude 11

Postby msbhvn » 25 Oct 2013, 16:29

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Skies of Arcadia needs a true remake, the ship and Gigas battles would look great on current gen and the normal combat system could do with an overhaul. Not knowing whether you character was going to do a ranged attack or not was kind of annoying.

The Rhaknam/Drachma scene was the first scene in a game that I got a little emotional over.

I loved Skies of Arcadia at the time, but I agree it needs to be remade for the modern gamer. Random battles and turn-based combat are what put me off JRPGs for a long time. If they remade it as a slightly more western influenced JRPG, it could really be something special.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby bladeart » 25 Oct 2013, 18:36

Requests? We have Signed a Petition with 66,000 signatures, We keep posting fan made Videos on YouTube for the past decade, a year ongoing Shenmue Tweetathon the 3rd. of each month ( #giveyutheshenmuelicense ) and for 12 plus years we've been requesting Shenmue continuation and we have been ignored by SEGA. So, exactly how are they going to remake classic games by fan requests? by Ignoring our 12 year PREVIOUS request? Shenmue has gone Viral and its time SEGA acknowledges/fulfill the banbase requests. We are the largest fanbase out there with Shenmue UK, Shenmue Dojo, Shenmue Master and the now almost 21,000k Facebook members of the Shenmue 500K. The ball is in your court SEGA. We waited enough.
bladeart 1

Postby captainhetty » 25 Oct 2013, 18:49

msbhvn wrote:
Johnbhoy69 wrote:Skies of Arcadia needs a true remake, the ship and Gigas battles would look great on current gen and the normal combat system could do with an overhaul. Not knowing whether you character was going to do a ranged attack or not was kind of annoying.

I loved Skies of Arcadia at the time, but I agree it needs to be remade for the modern gamer. Random battles and turn-based combat are what put me off JRPGs for a long time. If they remade it as a slightly more western influenced JRPG, it could really be something special.

This is of no relation to the topic at hand but I saw your signature and had to try it... I started with William de Palmorna and Hitler was the fourth article I opened :lol:
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
GT - captainhetty
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 61

Postby ChaoticP » 25 Oct 2013, 22:57

Power Stone or Skies of Arcadia would be awesome. Shenmue 1 & 2 in HD would be cool too.
ChaoticP 52

Postby Christopher Dack » 26 Oct 2013, 10:03

Brimstone wrote:Oh boy, that's easy...

PANZER DRAGOON SAGA !

I so agree played all for disks in one marathon weekend . When you failed to save that town and all your friends died .......
Christopher Dack 25

Postby Mcstripe » 27 Oct 2013, 14:15

Scud Race!!!!!!! Come on sega!!!!
Mcstripe 1

Postby tazzer1 » 29 Oct 2013, 02:16

shenmue' s were 1 of the best RPG'S on the dremcast in my mind. That should be1 of the games to come out and hope for Shenmue3 to come out in the future. It has been years sega. :x
tazzer1 14

Postby CunningSmile » 03 Nov 2013, 19:39

captainhetty wrote:
This is of no relation to the topic at hand but I saw your signature and had to try it... I started with William de Palmorna and Hitler was the fourth article I opened :lol:

Personal triumph! I hit random article and it took straight to Hitler :D
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator