to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Fresh blood: what the world's best eSports players think of

Your comments on our articles.

Infinity Ward's latest caters to both veterans and newcomers. Here's how.

With a little dedication, it takes the average player 20-30 hours to Prestige in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. That's something we learned in a darkened tent on top of a multistory carpark in downtown Los Angeles, where the next generation of Call of Duty's impossibly popular multiplayer component was revealed.... read more

Fresh blood: what the world's best eSports players think of

Postby Christopher Dack » 26 Oct 2013, 09:09

Nice article ! I was big fan of cod but its the only game that I have the mute text msg function on . On black ops 2 I hit k/d of 2.55 on my 8th prestige by just not running in like crazed madman , sniping then changing locations etc the amount of vile msg I would get from the kids were unbelievable.
Still muting non friends and ignoring the rage quitters cod is a very fun game. Alas the battlefield 4 beta got me so my new home will be there for while now .
Christopher Dack 25

Re: Fresh blood: what the world's best eSports players think

Postby fracturedrich » 26 Oct 2013, 15:58

Christopher Dack wrote:Nice article ! I was big fan of cod but its the only game that I have the mute text msg function on . On black ops 2 I hit k/d of 2.55 on my 8th prestige by just not running in like crazed madman , sniping then changing locations etc the amount of vile msg I would get from the kids were unbelievable.
Still muting non friends and ignoring the rage quitters cod is a very fun game. Alas the battlefield 4 beta got me so my new home will be there for while now .

I heard a story that the best player in the world got virus attacks from jealous people,i do hope that xbox one cuts down the amount of idiots you are thrown in with on games like this.I beat a kid on fifa the other day and the racist vile remarks what he screamed out was enough to put me of playing again.
fracturedrich 46

Postby BLOODSHO7x » 26 Oct 2013, 16:55

I personally think gears (judgment doesnt count) is the best game for tryharding, sweating, GB and e sports as the maps are split equally with little to no advantage of spawning one side to the other and that alone ensures that the best team will win because if there is no map advantage or spawn advantage everyone is on equal footing. I have tried to play cod competitively but it doesnt interest me as everyone is too scared to move a millimeter away from their sniper perch so it just becomes a game of who can press the fewest buttons wins
BLOODSHO7x 14

Postby mackered » 26 Oct 2013, 18:05

fracturedrich wrote:
Christopher Dack wrote:Nice article ! I was big fan of cod but its the only game that I have the mute text msg function on . On black ops 2 I hit k/d of 2.55 on my 8th prestige by just not running in like crazed madman , sniping then changing locations etc the amount of vile msg I would get from the kids were unbelievable.

I heard a story that the best player in the world got virus attacks from jealous people,i do hope that xbox one cuts down the amount of idiots you are thrown in with on games like this.I beat a kid on fifa the other day and the racist vile remarks what he screamed out was enough to put me of playing again.

There is no need to take it. Report the individual concerned.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby fracturedrich » 26 Oct 2013, 18:55

.[/quote]

There is no need to take it. Report the individual concerned.[/quote]

I did but because it was in game chat i can't see anything coming of it
fracturedrich 46

Postby mackered » 26 Oct 2013, 18:58

Lol 20 hours to prestige, 2.5 levels per hour. Now I know why I gave up COD. Nice article tho.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby ImTehBAwsss » 28 Oct 2013, 09:57

BLOODSHO7x wrote:I personally think gears (judgment doesnt count) is the best game for tryharding, sweating, GB and e sports as the maps are split equally with little to no advantage of spawning one side to the other and that alone ensures that the best team will win because if there is no map advantage or spawn advantage everyone is on equal footing. I have tried to play cod competitively but it doesnt interest me as everyone is too scared to move a millimeter away from their sniper perch so it just becomes a game of who can press the fewest buttons wins

This. Gears of War 3 really showed how to do a skill based shooter. When i see the CoD e-sports people mouthing out (being a little high and mighty) i just feel that what they are getting high and mighty about is generally a game which has been built so people can just have fun for an hour or so a night. It's not built for a professional face off to be fair.

I mean the CoD e-sports community is trying very hard to get up there in popularity but using the term "the worlds best esports players" and then talking about CoD players is a little bit of a smack in the face of those who play the other e-sports who arguably are much more skilled.
Part of the 4RUMGaming community
ImTehBAwsss 29