to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Forza 5 Direct Feed gameplay footage takes a drive to Spa-Fr

Your comments on our articles.

Spa for the course?

We've been shown a heck of a lot of cars recently for the upcoming Xbox One launch title Forza Motorsport 5, so it's only fair some of the courses get their turn in the spotlight. Happily, Turn 10 have obliged with this direct feed footage of gameplay from the upcoming racer.... read more

Postby KernowDevil23 » 26 Oct 2013, 17:07

Apart from the wildly exaggerated paddle shift animations (seriously, wtf?!), this is looking awesome.

Can't wait! :D
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Twilight Error » 26 Oct 2013, 17:13

That's definitely Spa, but I've never seen it with so much detail, outside of the annual Belgian Grand Prix coverage on television. There were at least a dozen little things that caught my eye in this video, from the inclusion of otherwise insignificant buildings, to camera and crash cranes, to the massive audience lining the track. Spa is definitely my favorite track to visit in a racing game, but this version has much more "life" than I've ever seen. Can't wait.
Twilight Error 43

Re: Forza 5 Direct Feed gameplay footage takes a drive to Sp

Postby Th3 Katman » 26 Oct 2013, 17:24

Looks and sounds astonishing, so realistic in every single detail on and off the track. Looking forward to playing this :-)
Th3 Katman 29

Postby jas6004 » 26 Oct 2013, 23:43

Nice looking game but a few things look wrong.
It has the most ridiculous gear changing animations ever, looks like the driver suffers from Parkinson's.
Like lots of other racing games, the car seems to go round corners with barely a movement showing on the steering wheel, very poor.
The most annoying thing to me though is why your rivals name and number which is above their car has to be reflected in your bonnet, very weird.
jas6004 40

Postby KernowDevil23 » 26 Oct 2013, 23:48

jas6004 wrote:It has the most ridiculous gear changing animations ever, looks like the driver suffers from Parkinson's

And that is the most insensitive analogy ever. Well done. :roll:
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby jas6004 » 26 Oct 2013, 23:50

Cheers
jas6004 40

Postby Maximus T » 27 Oct 2013, 10:32

Is the music in the video the dynamic score that will be in the game, or just something they decided would sound good in their trailer?
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Postby KernowDevil23 » 27 Oct 2013, 11:35

Maximus T wrote:Is the music in the video the dynamic score that will be in the game, or just something they decided would sound good in their trailer?

I think it is the dynamic music that's been lauded before, however I'll be turning it off straight away!
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Metalrodent » 27 Oct 2013, 11:52

KernowDevil23 wrote:
Maximus T wrote:Is the music in the video the dynamic score that will be in the game, or just something they decided would sound good in their trailer?

I think it is the dynamic music that's been lauded before, however I'll be turning it off straight away!

Heh, I always turned the music off for the past games, if you're in hypercars doing 200mph you want some thumping dance or epic metal, not some soppy indie rock song
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Maximus T » 27 Oct 2013, 11:56

Well I suppose what with it being dynamic and all, it could get better depending on lap, track etc. However, I did expect it to be a lot more inspirational rock kind of if you know what I mean.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Postby fracturedrich » 27 Oct 2013, 17:57

jas6004 wrote:Cheers

I am not sure if he was praising you there.

That aside it looks great and i have already paid for my copy,but looking at that video it is not a massive leap,i no it will look better on the actual console ,i hope.
fracturedrich 47

Postby J288gto » 27 Oct 2013, 22:44

Looks lovely as Spa always does and it will be great to drive at one of my favourite tracks in sports cars. The LMP1 cars will be great there.

I have to say I would prefer it to be called a track and not a "course", I'm funny like that. :P
J288gto 32