to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Ghosts teases Extinction mode

Your comments on our articles.

Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bug hunt?

Call of Duty Ghosts is so near we can almost taste it. (It tastes of explosions, guns and dogs, in case you were wondering.) But just because the game's about to drop doesn't mean there aren't a few more surprises in store.... read more

Postby SupremeMacQueen » 27 Oct 2013, 18:07

Aliens seems like an odd direction for CoD to take in my opinion, I'd like to know how/if it fits into the Ghosts canon.
SupremeMacQueen 19

Postby Metalrodent » 27 Oct 2013, 18:10

This could be both really cool and a pointless gimmick to detract from the fact it's still the same game as CoD4 :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts teases Extinction mode

Postby brandyandy1xx » 27 Oct 2013, 18:56

I know this is off topic but i am going to pre oder BF4 even though it is late. But me and my fwend are confused because ALL the game stores like Game,blockbusters,amazon and play.com are saying it is coming out on the 1st Novmber but, just looking at a previous article you guys say it comes out on the 29th october. so can you clear this confusing cloud of mystery for me plz
brandyandy1xx 9

Postby majormomsticky » 27 Oct 2013, 19:08

Battlefield 4 comes out

November 1st on Xbox 360 , PC , ps3
November 22nd Xbox one
November 29th ps4

Confirmed dates :D
majormomsticky 30

Postby PCG The_B » 27 Oct 2013, 19:12

brandyandy1xx wrote:I know this is off topic but i am going to pre oder BF4 even though it is late. But me and my fwend are confused because ALL the game stores like Game,blockbusters,amazon and play.com are saying it is coming out on the 1st Novmber but, just looking at a previous article you guys say it comes out on the 29th october. so can you clear this confusing cloud of mystery for me plz

For the UK it's 1st November, 29th October for the US - I presume on one of the more recent ones Ed was accidentally referring to the US date. (Although we do have our fair share of US audience too so often we'll mention both dates) Apologies for any confusion!
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby bamozzy » 27 Oct 2013, 20:59

Based on what I have seen circulating the web (from vary reliable sources) and some leaked images - this is going to be IW's take on Zombies. It is unlocked after completing the campaign and there are various different types of Alien too and it does look very interesting!

I will be very determined to complete the campaign just to unlock this! I can't wait - it looks like it will be great fun!!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Suffering withdrawal symptoms now the Destiny Beta has finished..... September 9th can't come quick enough!!!
bamozzy 66

Postby happpydays » 28 Oct 2013, 01:30

Metalrodent wrote:This could be both really cool and a pointless gimmick to detract from the fact it's still the same game as CoD4 :lol:

same game has cod 4 mmmmm arent alll shooters same as cod 4 in fact there alll doom
happpydays 37

Postby Timmeh555 » 28 Oct 2013, 10:05

personally I hate zombies mode on COD, never liked it, never will. this to me just seems like a ploy the get more people playing the campaign
Timmeh555 45

Postby Maximus T » 28 Oct 2013, 10:24

Timmeh555 wrote:personally I hate zombies mode on COD, never liked it, never will. this to me just seems like a ploy the get more people playing the campaign

That's what I thought.
It is something that the people may not like as in: "I paid for this game so all the modes should be available from the start"
But statistics will like it: "Now so many more percent of players complete the campaign"
So they are for some reason locking one of the most popular modes in the franchise behind probably the least popular mode. I wonder if it will pay off. If I bought it, I would complete the campaign, but I would also expect to be able to play this mode if I wanted to, unless the story ending gives it context.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 69

Postby OXM ETboy » 28 Oct 2013, 10:30

I like the sounds of it. Aliens > zombies. All they need to do now is sign up Sigourney Weaver for the playable character roster.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby delpoi » 28 Oct 2013, 11:15

I always used to buy cod cause all my mates did then i thought nah what's the point in spending money on a game i hardly play i used to buy the ones by treyarch because i love killing zombies i was on the fence about ghosts but if indeed they are putting an alien horde mode in am sold as am a big sci-fi geek :)
delpoi 40

Postby FishyGinger » 28 Oct 2013, 13:31

It does just seem like they're trying to go a tiny bit further than the zombies mode to prove they're better. I fully expect Black ops 7 to have a planet horde mode in which planets are attacking earth and you have to shoot them. Followed by IW's Modern Warfare 12 having a god extermination horde mode where you have to shoot rampaging Vishnus and Poseidons in the face.

Lets see, what's bigger than a god or two....Activisions ego horde mode.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby samuel6885 » 28 Oct 2013, 14:08

Some leaked images here: Ghosts: Extinction images - http://imgur.com/a/FCK8Q :D
samuel6885 29

Postby Metalrodent » 28 Oct 2013, 14:15

samuel6885 wrote:Some leaked images here: Ghosts: Extinction images - http://imgur.com/a/FCK8Q :D

ok that proves it, it's Treyarchs* zombies with aliens
*wonder how they feel about having the one thing that made their games unique being stolen by their sorta rival
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Filipus » 28 Oct 2013, 14:35

samuel6885 wrote:Some leaked images here: Ghosts: Extinction images - http://imgur.com/a/FCK8Q :D

Ok this looks really fun to play with friends.
And i hate cod since cod4.
Filipus 25

Next