to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Will there be a Modern Warfare 4? Infinity Ward has "no plan

Your comments on our articles.

"With the storyline, we knew that we wanted to end the Modern Warfare franchise," says community boss

Call of Duty: Ghosts marks the "end" of the Modern Warfare series, Infinity Ward's community manager Tina Palacios told OXM and other journalists at a press event over the summer. This sounds pretty unequivocal, but when we approached Palacios after our hands-on for extended thoughts, she wasn't quite as firm. There's hope for you yet, Captain Price.... read more

Will there be a Modern Warfare 4? Infinity Ward has "no plan

Postby happpydays » 28 Oct 2013, 13:07

i was reading on the internet that ghosts is running at a lower res on xbone than ps4 i for one thinks thats a load of tosh microsoft have built the console noing exactly what there doing its multi billionare company fa christ sake why all the bad publicity .its got boring beyond belief
happpydays 37

Re: Will there be a Modern Warfare 4? Infinity Ward has "no

Postby stylon » 28 Oct 2013, 15:31

I'm sick of hearing about this rumour now too, forums and comment sections are rife with it. What I can't really fathom is why, if it isn't true, somebody official hasn't squashed the rumour by now. It's generating a lot of bad PR for MS and Activision by being allowed to fester. I'm sure it's doing well as website click-bait though...
stylon 57

Postby Twilight Error » 28 Oct 2013, 15:43

stylon wrote:I'm sick of hearing about this rumour now too, forums and comment sections are rife with it. What I can't really fathom is why, if it isn't true, somebody official hasn't squashed the rumour by now.

That's my concern, too. Did anyone ever respond to your query about this, Ed?
Twilight Error 43

Postby Metalrodent » 28 Oct 2013, 15:45

happpydays wrote:i was reading on the internet that ghosts is running at a lower res on xbone than ps4 i for one thinks thats a load of tosh microsoft have built the console noing exactly what there doing its multi billionare company fa christ sake why all the bad publicity .its got boring beyond belief

stylon wrote:I'm sick of hearing about this rumour now too, forums and comment sections are rife with it. What I can't really fathom is why, if it isn't true, somebody official hasn't squashed the rumour by now. It's generating a lot of bad PR for MS and Activision by being allowed to fester. I'm sure it's doing well as website click-bait though...

The irony of you two saying how you're sick of hearing about the rumours, is that it wasn't mentioned at all in the article - you two are the ones who bought it up :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby stylon » 28 Oct 2013, 15:51

Metalrodent wrote:The irony of you two saying how you're sick of hearing about the rumours, is that it wasn't mentioned at all in the article - you two are the ones who bought it up :lol:

True enough - but I only did so in the hope that someone 'in the know' would be able to confirm it as hogwash so we can all move on. Surely the guys at OXM have access to the facts :D
stylon 57

Postby happpydays » 28 Oct 2013, 17:26

Metalrodent wrote:
happpydays wrote:i was reading on the internet that ghosts is running at a lower res on xbone than ps4 i for one thinks thats a load of tosh microsoft have built the console noing exactly what there doing its multi billionare company fa christ sake why all the bad publicity .its got boring beyond belief

stylon wrote:I'm sick of hearing about this rumour now too, forums and comment sections are rife with it. What I can't really fathom is why, if it isn't true, somebody official hasn't squashed the rumour by now. It's generating a lot of bad PR for MS and Activision by being allowed to fester. I'm sure it's doing well as website click-bait though...

The irony of you two saying how you're sick of hearing about the rumours, is that it wasn't mentioned at all in the article - you two are the ones who bought it up :lol:

well true it had nothing to do with artical but i enjoy call of duty games and has mw4 if they make one it wont be for a good few years yet and too be honest it was in my mind about the lower res thing soooooo thats why .and as well im sick of reading trash on the internet about ps4 v xbox rubbish . the arguement in my eyes is based on theory not facts and i believe microsoft what they say on how the cloud system can improve its capabillitys why would they say it otherwise
happpydays 37

Postby fracturedrich » 28 Oct 2013, 18:37

Ok then ghosts 2,i predict sales allowing.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Skipstream » 28 Oct 2013, 21:36

I'm not a massive COD fan but this is looking like a possible purchase for me. And yes, I agree with the OP these rumours are irritating in that I actually care for once. Silence in this instance speaks guilt and it's obvious that right now that the X1 is not running at same res at PS4 otherwise they would have responded via tw@er feed by now.

Hopefully they are working very hard to tweak the current build in time for a day one patch to ensure we do have a 1080p native/60fps COD for launch eh? 'Tis worrying though if true that our new next gen can't handle same res as the PS4 with the same ease. Just wish it would all go away and not be true {goes to bury head in sand for a bit}
Skipstream 51

Postby dreamville » 28 Oct 2013, 21:53

Ugh for the first time I'm worried about a rumour becomes it seems like it may be true and that is worrying. I love all that the Xbox One stands for and that's why I'm nonplussed about spending more money on it than I would the PS4. I've traditionally had both but one of them usually suffered. That being said if the Xbox One can't do the most important thing of all; which is playing games, then I have to reevaluate my decision and this late after smashing the PS4 for not being innovative enough. That being said they shouldn't just tweak it to run at 1080p(even though they said it was) and then say, 'Hey look it actually runs at 1080p'. They should confirm to us whether it actually initially ran at 720 and why?
dreamville 33

Postby happpydays » 28 Oct 2013, 22:57

well has for now its who knows god knows :?: but i will disapointed if it is 720p and i would like to know if it cant handle full res on a opening title game how the hell is it gonna cope on later titles
happpydays 37

Postby happpydays » 28 Oct 2013, 23:00

fracturedrich wrote:Ok then ghosts 2,i predict sales allowing.

definatly ghosts 2 i reckon
happpydays 37

Postby ThatOneGamer » 29 Oct 2013, 03:44

Aren't Ghosts and MW in the same universe? There's a trailer basically saying the Ghosts were created in honour of Simon. Just a side note if you read Simons backstory he's really messed up.
ThatOneGamer 17