to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Kinect Sports Rivals is an Xbox One launch game after all -

Your comments on our articles.

Play one of the game's activities at launch, at no additional charge

Microsoft's decision to delay Kinect Sports Rivals till spring 2014 caused a bit of a hullabaloo in July - with the possible exception of Fighter Within, it's the most compelling demonstration of what the new Kinect sensor can do. Good news, fist-shakers - one of the game's six sporting pastimes will release as a free digital "Preseason" trial alongside the Xbox One itself in North America, Europe and Australia.... read more

Kinect Sports Rivals is an Xbox One launch game after all -

Postby TronZler » 28 Oct 2013, 17:06

Awww Man,this is great news!! For me anyway :P This was a game i didn't even have on my radar till i seen the video back when Aofie got to play it. I was soooo impressed with the way it scanned her in then made IT'S version of her,i really thought that was pretty awsome an on what i'd seen there,i will be buying it when its out. So to get to play some for launch as the full games not ready is a real good move at Microsoft HQ,as Ed says,theres only really Fighter Within to show off a Kinect game,i was going to get that simply to see how Kinect holds up regardless of gamewise score but it doesn't necessarily have to be a Day One purchase now with them releasing this.

On a sidenote,Kinect is just a step away from fulfilling my fantasy. Evolve slightly from scanning an transport me onto The Grid an i'd die happy lol
TronZler 23

Re: Kinect Sports Rivals is an Xbox One launch game after al

Postby happpydays » 28 Oct 2013, 17:42

yeah i think the kinect is going to be a fantastic bit of kit
happpydays 37

Postby vadersmyfather » 28 Oct 2013, 17:52

I think that headline's a bit misleading guys...I was jumping around the room and then saw it was just one event (albeit possibly the best event)!
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby OXM ETboy » 28 Oct 2013, 17:57

It's perhaps a little cheeky. I've changed it.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby fishclaws » 28 Oct 2013, 18:00

can't really see how wake racing will be good exercise - i just see it as leaning and a bit of jumping
when the sun shines - i feel the urge to eat apples
fishclaws 37

Postby vadersmyfather » 28 Oct 2013, 18:08

fishclaws wrote:can't really see how wake racing will be good exercise - i just see it as leaning and a bit of jumping

You should write the blurb for the box. :P
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby fishclaws » 28 Oct 2013, 18:41

vadersmyfather wrote:
fishclaws wrote:can't really see how wake racing will be good exercise - i just see it as leaning and a bit of jumping

You should write the blurb for the box. :P

haha :D
fishclaws 37

Postby something fishy » 28 Oct 2013, 19:04

Really looking like this finally delivers on the promise of Kinect. Hope so, will be really good if so.
something fishy 32

Postby TronZler » 28 Oct 2013, 19:18

lol Think you're mixing it up with Wii Sports to be fair? This is just a fun game,its not about excercise. You might get tired if you played it non stop though?
TronZler 23

Postby fishclaws » 28 Oct 2013, 19:36

TronZler wrote:

lol Think you're mixing it up with Wii Sports to be fair? This is just a fun game,its not about excercise. You might get tired if you played it non stop though?

no im not - wii sports doesnt have leaning or jumping - it just involves wild arm movement at most
fishclaws 37

Postby KernowDevil23 » 28 Oct 2013, 19:43

something fishy wrote:Really looking like this finally delivers on the promise of Kinect. Hope so, will be really good if so.

'Tis looking less gimmicky and more like an actual game this time around. Definitely one to watch.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby TronZler » 28 Oct 2013, 20:09

no im not - wii sports doesnt have leaning or jumping - it just involves wild arm movement at most[/quote]

Woopsadaisy,i meant Wii Fit,thats twice today i mixed up titles,too much information,data overload :!: :!:

Anyway,you must be joking then,my bad :oops:
TronZler 23