to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

How Xbox One's dashboard video differs from the real Xbox On

Your comments on our articles.

It's an "EXCELLENT representation of the dash", argues Microsoft's Penello

Xbox One director of product planning Albert Penello has conceded that Microsoft's recent Xbox One dashboard video walkthrough won't exactly match what you'll experience at release day, but has described it as "an EXCELLENT representation of the dash, the features, and the speed".... read more

Postby Hawkeye1996 » 29 Oct 2013, 15:01

Awesome.
Hawkeye1996 20

Postby fightclubdoll » 29 Oct 2013, 15:03

I am just not keen on talking to my Xbox that much. I'm fine with buttons.
fightclubdoll 18

Re: How Xbox One's dashboard video differs from the real Xbo

Postby Geois » 29 Oct 2013, 15:09

fightclubdoll wrote:I am just not keen on talking to my Xbox that much. I'm fine with buttons.

You'll do well when the robots take over, they love meatboxes that don't talk back.
Geois 14

Postby TronZler » 29 Oct 2013, 16:00

Good news Penello,thanks!

I won't mind talking to my One myself,i talk to myself frequently :P
TronZler 23

Postby Jimioc » 29 Oct 2013, 17:36

So the whole time that guy was messing around on his Xbox he was meant to be round at his friends house? And then he just hangs up on him?! I like playing Xbox but dude, Don't get so caught up in playing with every app so much that you ignore your friends.
Jimioc 1

Postby J288gto » 30 Oct 2013, 00:51

Ok so the difference are not that big. Obviously everything takes a little longer if its an initial start-up for games, films and the console itself. Looks slick when things are in their "ready" state. I cannot wait to give switching between YouTube tutorials and a Battlefield a go. Beats having to have another device on as well as the X1.

Off topic but I only got 8 minutes into Pacific Rim before I had to disinfect my laptop by setting it on fire... :|
J288gto 26