to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360

Your comments on our articles.

Out in the 'fields, we fought for our meals

A battalion of troops charge past our prone left shoulder, an M1 Abraham rumbles ominously past our right. A Z-11 chopper (foolishly) engages the superior AH-1Z Viper above our heads. We're too busy cowering amongst the rubble to pay much heed; that lurking AC-130 Gunship has all-but levelled the building we were holed up in. Oh dear, what's that creeping over the horizon... a ruddy typhoon? War is hell. Battlefield 4, on the other hand, is almost everything we'd hoped it would be.... read more

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360

Postby Metalrodent » 29 Oct 2013, 19:21

I was suprised that after such condemnation of the campaign and the graphics/texture issues it still got a 9. Still, I guess that would indicate just how much fun it is.
Also a shame to hear it's campaign is still naff, as you say there's potential for a huge war epic (out of curiosity just how much 'Murica' patriotism/blatant racism is there? :lol: )

In all honesty though, I'll probably hold off buying this for now, either until I get a One or it drops down in price after I've completed my backlog of games
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360

Postby eddieb101 » 29 Oct 2013, 19:23

Still undecided whether to get this now or wait for next gen. Considering the maps were designed for 64 players i think it would be wise to wait for next gen. Although it's worth making the point that the current gen version has fewer objectives on the maps to compensate for fewer players.
eddieb101 31

Re: Battlefield 4 Xbox 360

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Oct 2013, 19:24

Gots me an Xbox 360 copy. If anybody wants to hear about anything in particular, let me know.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby BlackhawkTenan » 29 Oct 2013, 19:33

Can't wait for this on Xbox One, three weeks wait is going to be tough. 64 player combat is my main highlight tbh, but I do genuinely enjoy single player so its a disappointment to see its not great, but glad its better then BF3.

Question, I thought current gen was limited to 24 players aside, not 32. Am I wrong? Also just out of interest, not conflict, when is the COD review going to be up.

Keep up the good work, also love the new style mag!

:D
BlackhawkTenan 23

Postby delpoi » 29 Oct 2013, 19:36

The part were the quad drives out of the top floor of the skyscraper if you listen closely and are a fan of the machinima show battlefield friends you'll hear the noob shouting "Leveloution!!!" i nearly peed my pants lol
delpoi 38

Postby scotty » 29 Oct 2013, 20:14

Seeing as I'm not shifting to next gen yet I have already put down my pre-order dosh down on this.. I'm glad, the multiplayer sounds as much fun as BF3 :)
scotty 49

Postby F.N.G » 29 Oct 2013, 23:05

Yep, definitely something askew with that 9/10 score. Does a campaign even count in reviews anymore? Seems like games designers are turning themselves inside-out trying to come up with shiny 'inter-connected' features, while all too often failing miserably at their core task of telling a decent story. "Bah Humbug!" you say, but for me 'next generation' just seems like old hat. Albeit a dazzlingly rendered old hat which updates automatically to the newest old hat and tells everyone you've ever 'met' about it, whilst recording said old hat. Whatever happened to Alex Kid in Wonderland...?
F.N.G 7

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Oct 2013, 23:37

F.N.G wrote:Yep, definitely something askew with that 9/10 score. Does a campaign even count in reviews anymore? Seems like games designers are turning themselves inside-out trying to come up with shiny 'inter-connected' features, while all too often failing miserably at their core task of telling a decent story. "Bah Humbug!" you say, but for me 'next generation' just seems like old hat. Albeit a dazzlingly rendered old hat which updates automatically to the newest old hat and tells everyone you've ever 'met' about it, whilst recording said old hat. Whatever happened to Alex Kid in Wonderland...?

You're assuming that telling a story is the core task of every game. There is a lot of evidence that less than half CoD players even start the single player, and most never finish it. Bearing that in mind is it true their core task is telling a story or is it to create a MP experience? If Battlefield are trying to competing with CoD is their core task to tell a story or create a MP experience to rival CoD?

I think it's far more vital in the next gen that developers stop trying to please everyone and actually just focus on what their core task is. If they want to tell a story drop the MP, but if similarly if they want to create a popular online experience we should stop holding it against them if the SP is bad, or indeed if like TitanFall they don't even bother with one
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby mackered » 30 Oct 2013, 01:16

CunningSmile wrote:
F.N.G wrote:Yep, definitely something askew with that 9/10 score. Does a campaign even count in reviews anymore? Seems like games designers are turning themselves inside-out trying to come up with shiny 'inter-connected' features, while all too often failing miserably at their core task of telling a decent story. "Bah Humbug!" you say, but for me 'next generation' just seems like old hat. Albeit a dazzlingly rendered old hat which updates automatically to the newest old hat and tells everyone you've ever 'met' about it, whilst recording said old hat. Whatever happened to Alex Kid in Wonderland...?

You're assuming that telling a story is the core task of every game. There is a lot of evidence that less than half CoD players even start the single player, and most never finish it. Bearing that in mind is it true their core task is telling a story or is it to create a MP experience? If Battlefield are trying to competing with CoD is their core task to tell a story or create a MP experience to rival CoD?

I think it's far more vital in the next gen that developers stop trying to please everyone and actually just focus on what their core task is. If they want to tell a story drop the MP, but if similarly if they want to create a popular online experience we should stop holding it against them if the SP is bad, or indeed if like TitanFall they don't even bother with one

I think that with both franchises we almost have separate games. Multiplayer and single player for both cod and bf are almost standalone products. I wish, from past experience, that I could buy bf mp and cod sp.
I'm crafting but where's the bling?
mackered 50

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 30 Oct 2013, 10:34

Okay...slightly concerned about the campaign review. I've pre-ordered this primarily to play the campaign. I'll probably dabble in MP and get my a$$ handed to me by superior players, but I was hoping single player would be quite good. Could be an early bath at the trade-in counter then...
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 52

Postby danhalen74 » 30 Oct 2013, 13:21

i played this at the xboxone event in london on monday and was distinctly underwhelmed by the experience, the map i played and most importantly the gunpla. each to their own though!
danhalen74 44

Postby danhalen74 » 30 Oct 2013, 13:21

danhalen74 wrote:i played this at the xboxone event in london on monday and was distinctly underwhelmed by the experience, the map i played and most importantly the gunpla. each to their own though!

*gunplay*
danhalen74 44

Postby Mr Ru 22 » 31 Oct 2013, 02:47

The cynic in me thinks that these limitations may have been left there in order to convince people to upgrade to the next gen version 8)
Mr Ru 22 26

Postby fracturedrich » 02 Nov 2013, 14:59

Can anyone tell me score aside will this version hold up to next gen version,will people still be playing this in one years time as bf3 lasted 2 years or more.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Biblios » 03 Nov 2013, 13:45

Enjoyed Campaign for what it was... and 8 hour jaunt practising the new controls for multiplayer in which, when I played it, I actually struggled with due to base campers sniping at every spawn! As someone else pointed out - "got my ass handed to me".

Where was the story? Where was the length? A SERIOUS let down! Spent ages on BF3 campaign, which also had a much better story) in all easy, normal and hard modes as well as doing the same in coop. Not even sure I will bother with 'hard' IN BF4 and am even wondering if it is worth getting premium for multiplayer.

Feeling cheated by a developer of a game I had been looking forward to. Maybe in future, one shouldn't get one's hopes up for sequels of good games.

PS. Where are the female characters in multiplay that I heard rumour about?
Biblios 26

Next