to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA tackles Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 installation and loading b

Your comments on our articles.

A few tips from DICE for a smoother experience

Are you among the Chosen Few (i.e. North Americans, Germans, the Danish and residents of the Philippines) who are now playing Battlefield 4 on Xbox 360? Or are you languishing in the grip of a bug of some kind? Fear not, EA and DICE are labouring to fix a number of the game's (inevitable) launch week issues.... read more

EA tackles Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 installation and loading b

Postby battfink83 » 30 Oct 2013, 13:25

Xbox one for me. It looks and sounds a complete mess on 360 tbh, and im pretty much done with 3 flag 24 player cq
battfink83 51

Re: EA tackles Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 installation and loadi

Postby The Kull » 30 Oct 2013, 14:28

I am going to wait for the Xbox One. BF4 is my day one game and I want a fresh experience.
The Kull 41

Postby J288gto » 30 Oct 2013, 15:08

Two days to go baby. :D

Nice that these teething problems will be sorted for when the rest of us get going. Hope there are no major network issues come Friday. Amazon will give £40 towards any X1 title for current gen BF4 - an offer I couldn't refuse and similar to many stores. It stands up to the end of December which is time enough for me to make up my mind as to what I want.
J288gto 32

Postby freefallX » 30 Oct 2013, 16:12

Yeah for me BF4 is the perfect launch title, especially remembering the 360s launch where i played perfect dark for a day then went back to playing halo 2. Battlefield 3 was my favourite / most played game on 360 so getting BF4 at launch will be fantastic. the only problem is managing the will power to not buy it for 360 in the next 23 days.
freefallX 19

Postby SilentDark » 30 Oct 2013, 17:14

"Note, the above-required and below-additional installations can only be installed on Xbox 360 hard disk drives, and cannot be installed to USB drives, or other alternative storage devices. Battlefield 4 cannot be installed and played on a 4GB internal flash drive."

Isn't this a little backwards for this day and age. The nature of your storage should be immaterial as long as you have the required room. Just hope this doesn't turn out to be a Mercenaries 2 style SNAFU.
Fear Effect 2: HLA! HLA! Dragon Age Inquisition: Ban this sick filth!.....who needs standards when you can have double standards. :?
SilentDark 63

Postby Starskream » 30 Oct 2013, 20:15

I got my copy today and managed to install it no problem though there seems to be something up with the textures in the game since it takes ages during a match for them to appear. When I first started playing a game my first thought was that the graphics sucked big time then about 30 seconds later the textures loaded and it looked pretty good.
Starskream 41

Postby ChaoticP » 30 Oct 2013, 20:48

Those 360 miles are beginning to show
ChaoticP 51

Postby HeRo Of MoJoJo » 30 Oct 2013, 22:54

ChaoticP wrote:Those 360 miles are beginning to show

i have been watching gameplay and the console is showing its limits, i'm probably going to wait for the next gen
HeRo Of MoJoJo 6

Postby Starskream » 30 Oct 2013, 23:21

I have just finished playing BF4 for the night and although I enjoyed the games I had the bloody thing froze every other match at the loading screen. Stupid little glitches I can handle but the game freezing all the time is highly irritating :evil:
Starskream 41

Postby majormomsticky » 31 Oct 2013, 02:08

Really unsure on if I should get this game for Xbox one single players seems rubbish as usual so anyone know if this would be worth getting even if you only play it for the mutiplayer ?? Also would it affect much to your achivments I would hate to have a game with less then 300g at least on my gamerscore so does this game give many achivments for multiplayer or is most of them gonna be from single player ?? :roll:
majormomsticky 30

Postby James Magee » 01 Nov 2013, 19:02

I got BF4 yesterday and it sucked for my 360. game was all glitchy, graphics looked so bad like the demo did if not worse and this is a disapointment, in the south china sea on campaign the boats hovered above the water, i was swimming on the flight deck instead of running, kept getting stuck in the flight deck then falling off into the water under the map way to many times. kept taking cover against walls only to be inside the walls, when i would open doors it said to press X but it didnt work had to kinda tea bag the door to get the X to work.
Suffering through the issues with the game it was beaten on hard in less than 10 hours figured it would be a challenge but it wasnt. zero stars for me. anyone else have issues like this ot others
James Magee 1

Postby vivelo » 02 Nov 2013, 00:00

This is my first battlefield game, I have always had cod and I'm disappointed with bf4. 2nd game on multiplayer it froze, had a couple of hours on campaign and had loads of bugs, got stuck in a building and couldn't move and finally gave up when it froze whilst in the boat leaving the titan, graphics are rubbish and it took an hour to get going with downloading the update, installing both discs etc. Load times are slow and its not smooth at all. Its not worth buying and wondering if I can get my cash back as its crashed too many times and that's a faulty product to me. I'm not the only one who has this problem, so will ask at the store tomorrow.
vivelo 1

Postby vivelo » 02 Nov 2013, 00:07

Starskream wrote:I got my copy today and managed to install it no problem though there seems to be something up with the textures in the game since it takes ages during a match for them to appear. When I first started playing a game my first thought was that the graphics sucked big time then about 30 seconds later the textures loaded and it looked pretty good.

Same here, but they only appear when you get closer, really annoying as on one level a guy was sniping and you couldn't see him as he and the thing he was hiding behind hadn't appeared on the screen. Obviously he could see as he took me out 5 times before I figured where he was. I should of saved my cash for cod, still buying cod, but would of been a little richer this weekend.
vivelo 1

Postby HardcoreMedic68 » 02 Nov 2013, 03:48

I thought that the Xbox 360 that came with 4GB WAS an internal harddrive... guess I should've read the back of the game instead of trusting a console I've been playing on for years now. This is ridiculous... so basically, if I'm understanding this correctly, I now have to buy a $129 harddrive to be able to play a game I purchased? What is the purpose of restricting the installation device to harddrive only? If it's a marketing strategy (More like scam) to get people to purchase the ludicrally-expensive internal harddrives, well, I'd like my money back please. I literally cannot play this game that I paid for with my hard-earned money. Moreover, with me being stationed in Korea, we have one on-post PX and they don't carry the 360 harddrives so even if I was going to go with this scam, I couldn't. And it would cost over $50 to get it shipped here if I order one online. Besides, with this pattern I've been seeing with Xbox recently, even if I did purchase that harddrive, god knows I'd get a message saying "We're sorry, it must be the original harddrive issued with your Xbox," or something ridiculous like that. The worst thing is that the reason I bought this game was because my brother back in the states wanted me to play it with him but I gave him my old Xbox which was also a 4GB xbox, so he won't be able to play it either. Hell, neither will my sister. I'll inform them not to buy it if they haven't already done so. Totaled, it would cost me and my brother almost $400 to play a game together ($129 x2 for us each to have a harddrive and 59 x2 for the game). Then if my sister wanted to play with us?? This is absolutely ridiculous and might very well be the last straw with Xbox. I might just buy my brother and sister a PS3 for Christmas and buy one for myself. I will be sure to inform the other members in my unit as well since they were so excited about BF4. Way to go Xbox: take more money from the soldiers fighting for this country. Didn't think about that did you? Or maybe you did but you just don't care where the money comes from as long as it ends up in your pockets.....
HardcoreMedic68 1

Postby Decent_Jam » 02 Nov 2013, 09:06

HardcoreMedic68 wrote:I thought that the Xbox 360 that came with 4GB WAS an internal harddrive... guess I should've read the back of the game instead of trusting a console I've been playing on for years now. This is ridiculous... so basically, if I'm understanding this correctly, I now have to buy a $129 harddrive to be able to play a game I purchased? What is the purpose of restricting the installation device to harddrive only? If it's a marketing strategy (More like scam) to get people to purchase the ludicrally-expensive internal harddrives, well, I'd like my money back please. I literally cannot play this game that I paid for with my hard-earned money. Moreover, with me being stationed in Korea, we have one on-post PX and they don't carry the 360 harddrives so even if I was going to go with this scam, I couldn't. And it would cost over $50 to get it shipped here if I order one online. Besides, with this pattern I've been seeing with Xbox recently, even if I did purchase that harddrive, god knows I'd get a message saying "We're sorry, it must be the original harddrive issued with your Xbox," or something ridiculous like that. The worst thing is that the reason I bought this game was because my brother back in the states wanted me to play it with him but I gave him my old Xbox which was also a 4GB xbox, so he won't be able to play it either. Hell, neither will my sister. I'll inform them not to buy it if they haven't already done so. Totaled, it would cost me and my brother almost $400 to play a game together ($129 x2 for us each to have a harddrive and 59 x2 for the game). Then if my sister wanted to play with us?? This is absolutely ridiculous and might very well be the last straw with Xbox. I might just buy my brother and sister a PS3 for Christmas and buy one for myself. I will be sure to inform the other members in my unit as well since they were so excited about BF4. Way to go Xbox: take more money from the soldiers fighting for this country. Didn't think about that did you? Or maybe you did but you just don't care where the money comes from as long as it ends up in your pockets.....

Sounds like you are in a tricky situation, so sorry to hear that, but really the hard drive is one of the 360s strengths in my opinion. I've bought two hard drives over the years, both official ones. At the time you couldn't use other hard drives or flash drives or whatever, but considering how much I spent (£50 and £70 respectively), I thought it was good value considering how much use I've had out of them. I got both second hand and traded in one to offset the other, I also got them from CEX and so cut down the price with some other junk.

The massive installs for BF4 and others in the series are a massive pain and I know people are put off by that, but really for the sort of graphical quality you get, considering it's current gen, I think it's worth it. I haven't played BF4 so I can't comment on all these issues of it looking not great and being glitchy but I am sure an update will come along soon to cut out a lot of those bugs. As was said in another thread, devs at the moment are working on a title for more platforms than usual, and when you are comparing it to shiny PS4 versions it's bound to look naff.

My advice is to preservere and a fix will come in the next few weeks. One or two bad experiences shouldn't be enough to be put off a game, otherwise everyone would have packed in GTA Online ages ago. BF is some of the most immersive and engaging team play I've seen in a game and I can't wait to pick up my copy on the One.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Watch Dogs, TF, BF4, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 61

Next